Way OT: Good grief Honda

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
After listening to all the problems of these internal combustion engine cars with drive train issues and my mechanic telling me any car with electronics coming out of China is **** right now, is it time to switch a vehicle with waaaaay fewer moving parts? EV anyone? No oil leaks for sure!

Reactions: patdog

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
All you need to do is get it serviced per the recall notice, and you can get full value again. You need to do that anyway, regardless of whether you want to keep the vehicle or not.
Yes that is true. But as of right now there is no recall. It’s just a bulletin. I decided against it anyway due to rates but if I was in need of a vehicle in the next 2 months my trade js diminished because they aren’t even mailing out the recalls til January or February.

Walkthedawg

Oct 3, 2022
After listening to all the problems of these internal combustion engine cars with drive train issues and my mechanic telling me any car with electronics coming out of China is **** right now, is it time to switch a vehicle with waaaaay fewer moving parts? EV anyone? No oil leaks for sure!
They have problems too. A Hyundai EV had an object bounce under it and total the car. Busted the battery. Not a scratch on the car and it was totaled.

Ford sent out a software update to some EVs and it bricked the car. Had to be towed to dealer to reboot the vehicle.

So they have quality issues too.

the problem is the government. These trinkets and workarounds manufactures are having to do is making everything less reliable.

garddog

Dec 10, 2008
Most of the engine problems stem from EPA/gov't regulations. Chevy has had the engines that shut off cylinders for years now and it's a faulty concept. Valve train clatter/damage ensues, but to meet EPA standards it is required.

Transmissions have been adjusted for the same reason, EPA standards. They use lighter materials, more gears, more computer control.

BLISS (Blind spot/automated) is the single biggest crapshoot out there. Once again, pushed by the government. There are hundreds of chips in every new vehicle now.

If your preferred congress person votes for more regulations, you need to vote them out.

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
While you guys are paying for oil changes, tune ups and numerous filters and transmission issues, I will enjoy using 1/4 the energy cost and much longer life cycle of use. If and when solid state batteries become a thing, we all may realize how good a deal these EVs may become.

• Haha

garddog

Dec 10, 2008
While you guys are paying for oil changes, tune ups and numerous filters and transmission issues, I will enjoy using 1/4 the energy cost and much longer life cycle of use. If and when solid state batteries become a thing, we all may realize how good a deal these EVs may become.
EV vehicles are still not practical for hauling, work vehicles, and people that travel in extreme Temps more than 100 miles per day. Most of rural America has no infrastructure for it. Cost of ownership is still Monopoly money because not enough people own them to have legitimate numbers.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Most of the engine problems stem from EPA/gov't regulations. Chevy has had the engines that shut off cylinders for years now and it's a faulty concept. Valve train clatter/damage ensues, but to meet EPA standards it is required.

Transmissions have been adjusted for the same reason, EPA standards. They use lighter materials, more gears, more computer control.

BLISS (Blind spot/automated) is the single biggest crapshoot out there. Once again, pushed by the government. There are hundreds of chips in every new vehicle now.

If your preferred congress person votes for more regulations, you need to vote them out.
We have an Chevy truck on the farm that had one of those motors. What a piece of junk. Ended up putting another motor and transmission in it last year.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Yeah they're really gonna be a deal when the Fed and State governments start loading them up with usage taxes.

Reactions: garddog

Walkthedawg

Oct 3, 2022
We have an Chevy truck on the farm that had one of those motors. What a piece of junk. Ended up putting another motor and transmission in it last year.
The 4.8, 5.3, 6.0 Chevy engines of 97 through the 2000’s pre cylinder deactivation was some of the best engines ever made. Reliable, strong, dependable. The cylinder deactivation ruined these engines and has forever tarnished the reputation of what is, absent idiotic mandates, a great engine.

Walkthedawg

Oct 3, 2022
And can’t tow for any acceptable distance. Also only one company produces an EV right now that is halfway sane to travel in.

They are still to impractical for people needing a vehicle to use for more than watching Netflix in.

patdog

May 28, 2007
And can’t tow for any acceptable distance. Also only one company produces an EV right now that is halfway sane to travel in.

They are still to impractical for people needing a vehicle to use for more than watching Netflix in.
They’re fine for a commuter car. But with the low mileage, you’ll never save enough in fuel to pay back the insane up front costs.

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
None of that is true. You are just making **** up. I absolutely will makeup the extra cost for Fuel. Depending on prices but it’s around 70,000 miles for me to make up the extra cost. I fully expect to reach that number with ease and I have 100,000 mile warranty

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login