Way to early Coaching Carousel predictions.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
The days of schools paying huge buyouts are coming to a close. Better not sign a Moorhead/Napier to a big buyout.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Napier is getting another year if he can find a way to 6 wins. Every single media member that covers Florida has been shouting it from the rooftops. Its one of those weird deals where the perception from the outside is that his seat is burning up but people around the program say otherwise.

They can't stomach paying a $30 million dollar buyout with rev share right around the corner. They still blame Mullen for the roster Billy inherited. Napier has a 5 star freshman QB on campus that they fear will transfer if he is fired. They are going to be a solid team this year, its just whether he can find 6 with that schedule.
I’m really struggling to find 6 wins with that schedule.

DWarren

Oct 17, 2023
I’m really struggling to find 6 wins with that schedule.
Its brutal. They may not be able to get to 6. But I'm of the opinion they are going to be a good football team this year. People are sleeping on Mertz a bit. In a new system last year, he threw 20 TD's to only 3 interceptions. Now he's familiar with the system and has better talent around him. One thing Napier has done is increase their talent profile each year. I would be predicting them as a breakout contender if they didn't have the most difficult schedule in the league. Thats why I hate that we play them early. They have a much better roster than we do at the moment. I was hoping to catch them late after they'd taken some losses but oh well. The fact that its in DWS is the only reason I think we have a shot.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
Last week before Week 1. Let’s get your coaching carousel predictions for this year.
Lincoln Riley sucks, USC uses their new Big10 money to hire Sarkisian. Texas hires Elko. A&M hires Kiffen 10 years 150 million guaranteed. Gas is 5.80 by March.
Pittman fired after 4-5 games and then Petrino interviews for the job as interim.

DWarren

Oct 17, 2023
Pittman fired after 4-5 games and then Petrino interviews for the job as interim.
Word on the street is that Pittman is retiring at seasons end regardless of how things play out. Its definitely shaping up for this to be a one year interview for the HC job for Petrino.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
They hired a Sun Belt coach last time. Fisch did an awesome job at Arizona, regardless of what this year at UW is
More reason to think they’ll get a sure fire thing this time.

They will hire Kiffin, unless he’s 11-1 and a high seed in the playoff.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Michigan iowa penn state oregon and usc. Probably five losses right there. Pre conference schedule is a joke. If he goes 8-4 he did a decent job. They could beat usc
With the turnover they had, I'd think the fanbase would be head over heels if he wins 8. They will be my second favorite team this year, so for the time in a long time, I'm going to interested in west coast football.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
No. You can’t. Their boosters can’t compete with Texas, A&M, UGA, Bama, Michigan, Ohio St etc. if anything their chances were probably better in the Freeze years when they could take bigger risks in blatantly cheating thsn a lot of the bigger schools did. But now that it’s all legal, their ceiling is a playoff appearance.
They just bought the number 1 portal class. Not sure how long they can keep it up, but they’re showing they can.

patdog

May 28, 2007
They just bought the number 1 portal class. Not sure how long they can keep it up, but they’re showing they can.
And even with that most preseason rankings have them in the 10-16 range (AP #6 is a bit of an outlier). ESPN FPI has them #16 & 247 roster talent has them #20. This is their all in year, and they look to be a borderline playoff team. They’ll definitely be a major player as long as they can keep this up. But they’re a ways away from being a legitimate championship contender.

Reactions: 85Bears
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login