We’re a Baseball School Game Thread - MSU & AM

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Basketball and now this. Don't like losing to A&M. At least the U.S. beat Jamaica

Reactions: patdog

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Any lineup that has the catcher and cupp in it is not good. Throw in Koehler can’t hit and that just adds to it.

Hardly to rely on 22 2 out hits and 41 singles every weekend.

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
If you're drawing sweeping conclusions about us based on tonight's game, get some sleep.

Our Friday night starter is out and we faced the ace of a top 10 team on their home field. 6-3 says we played pretty damn well, all things considered.

Gotta find a win in the next two.
Valid points, but at the same time, when your lineup has three automatic outs in it, you aren't going to win many of those games. If any of them. Trotting Cupp out there in the 9th inning was the stupidest move he could have made. Got to be smarter with the lineup. I don't know. Maybe Lemonis had just given up by the 9th. Three runs are certainly not unattainable for most teams.

Reactions: Msuirondawgs

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Valid points, but at the same time, when your lineup has three automatic outs in it, you aren't going to win many of those games. If any of them. Trotting Cupp out there in the 9th inning was the stupidest move he could have made. Got to be smarter with the lineup. I don't know. Maybe Lemonis had just given up by the 9th. Three runs are certainly not unattainable for most teams.

I'm willing to accept a hole in the lineup where Cupp is concerned for now. He's a talent we need to develop into a dependable piece at the plate.

Maybe it never happens, but for now give him the ABs

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
I'm willing to accept a hole in the lineup where Cupp is concerned for now. He's a talent we need to develop into a dependable piece at the plate.

Maybe it never happens, but for now give him the ABs
Cupp needs a role, because a defense with mershon at shott and Larry at second is average at best. Wouldn’t mark him in permanent marker, but he needs opportunities

thats why losing highfill hurts… and why it’s imperative that our 3b and lf positions create offense. Right now neither are, although downs has had a good run.

Reactions: She Mate Me
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login