We’re just not a very talented team.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
We have major talent issues on defense. Especially in our secondary.

I think that’s why we go so soft at times.

Reactions: patdog

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
But we make up for it by being poorly coached as well. Haven’t felt this hopeless about M-State football since 2008.
I knew you guys would get here eventually. The only reason we're still halfway in the game with Auburn is because they are just as bad as we are. If we were playing Texas A&M or Ole Miss, we would be down 30 or 40 points right now.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
On offense, it’s missed blocking assignments and players running the wrong routes. On defense, it’s blown coverage and missed tackles.

I cannot recall watching a State team that more often looked like the players have no idea as to what they’re supposed to be doing. It’s truly just bizarre that an SEC team could be so poorly coached and prepared for game day on a continuous basis

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
On offense, it’s missed blocking assignments and players running the wrong routes. On defense, it’s blown coverage and missed tackles.

I cannot recall watching a State team that more often looked like the players have no idea as to what they’re supposed to be doing. It’s truly just bizarre that an SEC team could be so poorly coached and prepared for game day on a continuous basis
its Coaching

Reactions: wdawg44

patdog

May 28, 2007
I knew you guys would get here eventually. The only reason we're still halfway in the game with Auburn is because they are just as bad as we are. If we were playing Texas A&M or Ole Miss, we would be down 30 or 40 points right now.
I’ve been here since the 2nd game of the season. Really since the first, but I figured I’d give them a 2nd chance before making a judgement.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

lazlow

Jul 9, 2009
Come on, we were down 28-10 at the 1/2 the last time we were in Joran-Hare.

You don't think Wright will throw 6TDs no picks and spread 415 yds amongst 10 Wr's in the 2nd 1/2? ****

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
I’ve been here since the 2nd game of the season. Really since the first, but I figured I’d give them a 2nd chance before making a judgement.
Ditto man. My wife and I left as soon as LSU scored that touchdown in the third quarter. I haven't had any hope for this team or staff since the start of that game. Just depressing

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
But we make up for it by being poorly coached as well. Haven’t felt this hopeless about M-State football since 2008.
Oddly enough, 2008 was also the last time we did what this team is about to do….not have a pick in the following NFL draft anywhere on the field. So you are 100% right on the talent. Coaching is obviously not looking promising either….but I hope there’s a sliver that we at least get to 6 wins if Will gets back out there next week.

Reactions: patdog

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Does anybody have a list of our offensive talent that we lost from last year's 9 and 4 team ?? I can name the 6 guys we lost off the D

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
From another thread below:

We have 6 WRs that are 4 star players and 8 DBs that are 4 star players

Our DL... 4 star DE, 3 DLs that are 4 stars...

4 star LB....

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Does anybody have a list of our offensive talent that we lost from last year's 9 and 4 team ?? I can name the 6 guys we lost off the D
If you’re comparing todays game in particular we lost:

Starting QB

Top two RBs (Woody & DJ)

70% of our receiving yards & TDs (Thomas, Harvey, Ducking, Austin Williams, Woody & DJ)

Starting center

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
We have talent, but it is all geared toward running the MIKE LEACH version of the air raid. THIS is why I never wanted to hire him. Obviously, I didn't expect it to be THIS soon, but he was old for a coach when we hired him. I didn't think it would work here, but even if it had, we wouldn't have had him long. THIS was always going to happen when he was gone. NOBODY, even the modern air raid guys, run what Leach did. Hiring Leach was a lazy hire. I think it is going to be catastrophic for our football program. I said so at the time. I have seen nothing to change my mind. ENJOY him AUBURN. I hope he destroys you too.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
A more accurate statement would be that we have talent, but it was obviously geared toward running the antiquated Leach version of the Air Raid. It is what it is, NOBODY runs that anymore. It's the MAIN reason I did not want to hire Leach in the first place. This was always coming sooner or later from the moment we hired him. This is in no way an endorsement OR a condemnation of the current staff. I have my views, but that is another topic.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
If you’re comparing todays game in particular we lost:

Starting QB

Top two RBs (Woody & DJ)

70% of our receiving yards & TDs (Thomas, Harvey, Ducking, Austin Williams, Woody & DJ)

Starting center
I was speaking in general. We signed Pittman and Lee to replace DJ. Cole seems to be highly graded by PFF and I think Jrob Zavion Tulu and Creed easily replace that talent. I'm not sure it's much of a fall off there.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012

It has been going on all season sadly. How can your starting WRs be running the wrong routes 8 games into a season? How can your safeties miss picking up WRs playing zone coverage 8 games in? It is a bigger coaching issue than player talent issue. We had the talent to beat Auburn this year. That won't be the case next year.
The saddest thing I'm seeing is Arnett blaming the players for not playing the entire game. If they aren't playing the entire game who's at fault? Especially the first half! I'm sure our administration will try to pass it off as an injury issue. If they do they are no better than this coaching staff.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login