We ain't behind yet, Game Thread

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Blame that loss squarely on DJ and Moore. They both shot terribly and DJ gave up points on D and turnovers. And severely dumb @SS charging plays

DJ is not a shooter, sorry. He's just not. He did get 7 boards though.

Last edited:

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I am not happy.

I am not as mad as I usually am. I could nitpick our execution tonight, but we played a hell of a lot better across the board than I thought we would.

I know that doesn't mean a hell of a lot, but I'm done playing shoulda, woulda, coulda.

I'll leave it at that.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Is Cam Matthews taking a wide open three somehow worse than one of our guards doing what they did?

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
Why the hell didn’t Jans call a TO as soon as we got the ball across half court to set up a play?

instead we settle for an idiotic 2 when we’re down 3.

So pathetic…
I’m satisfied with his explanation. Their coaches were yelling foul.

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
“They got a bunch of charge calls” “the refs said they looked at them at halftime and apologized and i appreciate that.”

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
The 1% who bet the $636 to $1 Mississippi State Moneyline win should have got PAID tonight.

Reactions: onewoof

BonzoGoesToCollege

Aug 24, 2012
Blame that loss squarely on DJ and Moore. They both shot terribly and DJ gave up points on D and turnovers.

DJ is not a shooter, sorry. He's just not. He did get 7 boards though.
You can Blame Howland for this loss. Lazy recruiter who left us nothing on his way out the door. He robbed us blind for 7 years. If anyone watches this year’s team and can’t see how much better the coaching and execution are, they don’t know dick about basketball. I’d much rather watch a less talented team that hustles on D and runs offensive sets than watch the **** Howland ran out there for 7 years. 7 million bucks for zero tourney wins.

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
Sometimes your ADs have to be carpetbagged so they can have a learning process to talk about in their interviews with other schools.

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
Don’t get me wrong…I’d much rather watch this team than any “team” Howland put out there.

That said, I don’t care what their coaches or players were shouting…

if you have the ball, down 3, with the last possession to play, you HAVE to call a timeout to set up a play. ESPECIALLY if you’re a first year HC with all new players. They need to understand the plan!

That way, they don’t jack up a desperation 2 when we’re down by 3.

hailstate19

Nov 7, 2015
Okay so the last play was dumb, but that’s tick tac in the overall view of the game. We played about as good as we could. We had a good game plan, and executed really well for the most part (except 3s but what else is new). We SHOULD have won that game, and we deserved to win. Is anyone talking about how bad these ******* refs were? I mean we were getting bad calls all night. The second half was something else though. Bama was in dangerous territory in the second half, then every call imaginable was called against us. Seemed like every time we took a breath on a Bama player it was called a foul. A little bit absurd if you ask me. Essentially we had to play both Bama, and the refs. That’s just incredibly frustrating, and we deserved to win. **** these refs for that display of clear bias, bush league at its finest!

Reactions: WilCoDawg

hailstate19

Nov 7, 2015
Alos Bama was clearly flopping. I think McNair made a bucket in the first half that was reviewed for a potential elbow to the face. McNair barley even touched the guy, and he went down like a truck hit him. Same thing happed with Cam Matthews, and it was called a foul on Cam. That’s WEAK AS HELL BAMA. They just can’t play the physical style of ball that we do without the refs help. Highway robbery

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login