We are -2.5 tonight in Columbia

klong-dog

Aug 22, 2012
Kinda surprising. South Carolina in about the same situation as us, being at home. Maybe they think we've got the monkey off our back, getting our first road win. Or maybe they are looking at our last game against the Cocks.

I give us a 45% chance.

curseddawgs

Jun 16, 2021
Honest question: why do we play South Carolina twice every year? I feel like every year that Howland has been here we have played them in the Hump and in Columbia.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
SEC has permanent opponents in basketball as well.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sp...sets-permanent-basketball-opponents/28093643/

The 2016 men’s basketball schedule will be announced in August.
The permanent opponents are:
Alabama: Auburn, Mississippi State, LSU
Arkansas: Missouri, Texas A&M, LSU
Auburn: Alabama, Ole Miss, Georgia
Florida: Kentucky, Georgia, Vanderbilt
Georgia: South Carolina, Florida, Auburn
Kentucky: Florida, Tennessee, Vanderbilt
LSU: Texas A&M, Alabama, Arkansas
Ole Miss: Mississippi State, Auburn, Missouri
Mississippi State: Ole Miss, Alabama, South Carolina
Missouri: Arkansas, Texas A&M, Ole Miss
South Carolina: Georgia, Tennessee, Mississippi State
Tennessee: Vanderbilt, Kentucky, South Carolina
Texas A&M: LSU, Arkansas, Missouri
Vanderbilt: Tennessee, Kentucky, Florida

patdog

May 28, 2007
Pretty stupid to have more than 1 permanent opponent in basketball. But seeing who our 3 are, I'm not complaining.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
"Poor Vanderbilt" getting "stuck" with anything negative, in my book is a positive. I once felt sorry or those arses but not anymore

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
We won our first road game at Mizzou so this could be our 2nd road win.

On paper we look like we win this one but I fully expect Cousinard to hit a career high 40 points and for him to hit a game winning shot with 2 seconds left. All while playing with 4 fouls the entire 2nd half.

USCe 72
MSU 70

curseddawgs

Jun 16, 2021
Game winning three off a Molinar missed free throw on the front end of a 1 and 1

klong-dog

Aug 22, 2012
We won our first road game at Mizzou so this could be our 2nd road win.

On paper we look like we win this one but I fully expect Cousinard to hit a career high 40 points and for him to hit a game winning shot with 2 seconds left. All while playing with 4 fouls the entire 2nd half.

USCe 72
MSU 70
I can totally see it happening

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
We win by 4 if we get a strong effort from Tulu, and Brooks. If good Jeffries makes the plane ride make it 10 or better. All they have to do is not overplay on offense, pass more, and lock down the lane on defense.

If Molinar takes a half off like he has done a few times we get creamed by 12 or more.

archdog

Aug 22, 2012
We win by 4 if we get a strong effort from Tulu, and Brooks. If good Jeffries makes the plane ride make it 10 or better. All they have to do is not overplay on offense, pass more, and lock down the lane on defense.

If Molinar takes a half off like he has done a few times we get creamed by 12 or more.

Until proven otherwise, we suck. Hope for the best, but obviously count on the worst.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Until proven otherwise, we suck. Hope for the best, but obviously count on the worst.

Guess What? Just turned the game on in time to see you one of our players pass it to his own player in the corner who was instantly trapped and had to call time out. I'm sending Ben and the boys a telegram and this is what it's gonna say.

View attachment 23935

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Need this Quad 2 win.

It Ain't Happening! Since I have started watching we've only made one basket against about nine clanks and they gave up a dunk right at the buzzer.

Nobody can shoot even Molinar and they're hammering him so he's missing everything. At least we got this NCAA **** out of our system quickly and can focus solely bitching about baseball.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Let’s not stop there. We have 3 starters combining for 2 pts, DJ with a nice 0/0/2 stat line, 0% from 3 as a team, and we have a grand total of 4 assisted baskets.

With all due respect to Hadad, this is putrid

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
23 points in 20 mins, just shoot me now.

Is it just me or every other game you our players look like they don't even know who their teammates are on the floor? And when do figure out who's on their team they look like they've never played a game of basketball in their entire 17ing life

garddog

Dec 10, 2008
I really have no clue what we are watching anymore. Big men are soft, try to finesse crap instead of throwing down a dunk. Guards that can't even hit the rim from outside. No assists for easy buckets. Then we just let them have a wide open lane to the bucket. I can hear my old high school coach screaming bloody murder and he passed 20 years ago.

BonzoGoesToCollege

Aug 24, 2012
One of the softest teams up and down the lineup that I can ever remember. Just soft as ****. No 2 ways about it. Even Rick Ray’s players had a bigger set of stones than this bunch.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
I simply laugh at the number of people sucked into believing. There was never a chance. You guys are a glutton for punishment.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I cannot remember a team that performed worse under pressure than this one. We will blow teams away at home but we can't even beat sorry teams on the road

The silver lining is that South Carolina just won the play in game to the NIT. We can now officially know that there is not a single game that we have to suffer through again after the SEC tournament

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login