We did not miss on players. It's coaching

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
I’ve literally posted multiple times we need a change. What are you missing? But it’s not always one thing.
And you have stated that the talent is an issue. So you are saying that we missed on 6 WRs that are 4 star players and 8 DBs that are 4 star players?

Our DL... 4 star DE, 3 DLs that are 4 stars... We missed on them too?

4 star LB.... Missed on him.

We, unlike everybody else in the SEC just some how magically missed on all of those. Maybe it's Saban! Yeah... he got the ratings chaged so we would go get them and they aren't really 4 star players. And that's Why this staff is now going after NO STAR players.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
And you have stated that the talent is an issue. So you are saying that we missed on 6 WRs that are 4 star players and 8 DBs that are 4 star players?

Our DL... 4 star DE, 3 DLs that are 4 stars... We missed on them too?

4 star LB.... Missed on him.

We, unlike everybody else in the SEC just some how magically missed on all of those. Maybe it's Saban! Yeah... he got the ratings chaged so we would go get them and they aren't really 4 star players. And that's Why this staff is now going after NO STAR players.
Don’t ask me. Ask the NFl. If you think we have 8 DBs that are truly 4 stars we will just have to agree to disagree. We start 3 stars on defense. Are we really not starting studs?

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
Nope. I don't hate Arnett. No, last year did not ignore Tulu. In fact, it concentrated on 7 WRs. They all had 34 or more catches. We spread a defense out in many ways.

This staff sucks.
Yea we spread defenses out alright. Right into 3-8.
We had 370 total yards against Auburn, 308 against UGa, 326 against Mississippi, and 390 against Illinois.

Those are pretty damn pedestrian numbers in this day and age for an offensive system that y’all continue to heap praise upon.

Arnett and Barbary suck but can we stop with the charade that they are following some offensive juggernaut?

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
We had 370 total yards against Auburn, 308 against UGa, 326 against Mississippi, and 390 against Illinois.

Those are pretty damn pedestrian numbers in this day and age for an offensive system that y’all continue to heap praise upon.

Arnett and Barbary suck but can we stop with the charade that they are following some offensive juggernaut?
We won 9. Period. Full stop. Go run to your boy C34. You and he are Twinkies.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
We won 9. Period. Full stop. Go run to your boy C34. You and he are Twinkies.
And we aren’t gonna win 9 this year, Ibsuckin. I understand that. But we were moving on regardless due to a tragedy. You Err Raid cultists just can’t drop it. There was no saving the Err Raid at MSU this season. It wasn’t gonna happen.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
And we aren’t gonna win 9 this year, Ibsuckin. I understand that. But we were moving on regardless due to a tragedy. You Err Raid cultists just can’t drop it. There was no saving the Err Raid at MSU this season. It wasn’t gonna happen.
That's right. We aren't going to and it's due to coaching. But like I said C34...

Reactions: josebrown

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Good to know that you are promoting the idea that we are the only team in the SEC that has recruits that are not actually what they are.

OR.... Maybe the common denominator is ... COACHING.
Did you say this after year 1 of Leach? Because we were awful then too.

Reactions: Perd Hapley

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Did you say this after year 1 of Leach? Because we were awful then too.
Back to the year 1.

Did Arnett and company inherit a team where the players were ruling the roost? Remember the bearded one had his eye socket broken by Gay that put him out for the bowl game.

Did Arnett have a full spring to implement his new defense? Wait, It's not a new defense. It was offense and yes he had a full one.

Did Arnett have all summer? I seem to remember that we didn't in 2020.

Did Arnett only get to take 48 players with him to Auburn? See... no..

So no, I did not say anything about Leach in the middle of covid. The circumstances are not the same.

HammerOfTheDogs

Aug 6, 2004
We have 8 four star DBs. 6 four star WRs. We did not miss on all of those. Anybody that thinks that has lost their minds. Put the blame where it goes. The staff can not coach.

The play where Tulu and Thomas ran into each other is nothing more than coaching. That was pathetic.
I bet Vanderbilt has posters who say, "wE CoULd BeAt aLaBaMa iF ThEy WuZ CoAcHeD uP!!!!"

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Back to the year 1.

Did Arnett and company inherit a team where the players were ruling the roost? Remember the bearded one had his eye socket broken by Gay that put him out for the bowl game.

Did Arnett have a full spring to implement his new defense? Wait, It's not a new defense. It was offense and yes he had a full one.

Did Arnett have all summer? I seem to remember that we didn't in 2020.

Did Arnett only get to take 48 players with him to Auburn? See... no..

So no, I did not say anything about Leach in the middle of covid. The circumstances are not the same.
It was coaching and it was atrocious.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
I'm sure that's what you need to believe. Had nothing to do with 46 man Roster or no summer and spring to install.. LOL..

You know what? We still averaged more per game than we are now. We are at 15 points per SEC game. Awesome isn;t it... With a full spring and a full summer and a full Roster.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Stop with the BS. Nobody stated that there are those that run the exact same system as Leach. Nobody has even suggested that. end of it.

We were tooled for AR and he went in a different direction and it's costing us. Had he stayed in the vein of AR we would not be where we are now.
I think we missed on several guys. It's also been noted we relied on recruiting analysts rather than coaches to evaluate talent.

We signed several 4 Star guys who didn't panned out. We sign two 4 star transfer corners that didn't pan out. Part of the problem with portal is many of those guys don't pan out because they weren't good and playing where they came from.

Reactions: She Mate Me

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
I think we missed on several guys. It's also been noted we relied on recruiting analysts rather than coaches to evaluate talent.

We signed several 4 Star guys who didn't panned out. We sign two 4 star transfer corners that didn't pan out. Part of the problem with portal is many of those guys don't pan out because they weren't good and playing where they came from.
Weird how that only happens at MSU. Not Ole Miss. Not Bama. Just at MSU.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Weird how that only happens at MSU. Not Ole Miss. Not Bama. Just at MSU.
It happens there too. Bama is stocked at 4-5 stars. Ole miss gets a ton ton transferee. We get some of bama busts. We get georgias busts. We have sucked at evaluating and at developing players. Will is the same player he was 2 years ago. Several of our defensive players are the same they were two years ago. Same with some of our receivers and line

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016

We had 343 yards yesterday on the road yesterday against Auburn. In that specific one game shot, shows the offensive drop off was not really that severe.

Last year we were at home with a healthy Rogers and Marks. Tulu returned a kickoff for a TD last year against Auburn and Auburn gave us the ball on the 20 or 25 for a short field TD last year as well. And it still took a miracle last second drive to win in overtime.

Edited to add so this is not spun into saying something I’m not. I am saying that Leach’s offense sucked and so does Arnett’s. Both can be true. The biggest WTF this year is how horribly atrocious the defense is. Leach had a pretty solid defense, he gets credit for that whether or not he coached it or not.

• Haha
Reactions: blitz2Win

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Will is near the top of the SEC leaderboard as a QB but as has been pointed out here a few times, a lot of his yards are yards after catch. Because of that, you have to subtract 3 wins from last year. Also, in some games we weren't an offensive juggernaut so that's another 3 losses from last year's team. As a result, and many of you won't admit it, last year's team really was only 3-9, including a bowl loss because the offense didn't look good against Illinois. That's how the truth works on message boards and why Wright should have started sooner.***

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
We had 343 yards yesterday on the road yesterday against Auburn. In that specific one game shot, shows the offensive drop off was not really that severe.

Last year we were at home with a healthy Rogers and Marks. Tulu returned a kickoff for a TD last year against Auburn and Auburn gave us the ball on the 20 or 25 for a short field TD last year as well. And it still took a miracle last second drive to win in overtime.

Edited to add so this is not spun into saying something I’m not. I am saying that Leach’s offense sucked and so does Arnett’s. Both can be true. The biggest WTF this year is how horribly atrocious the defense is. Leach had a pretty solid defense, he gets credit for that whether or not he coached it or not.
We scored 7 offensive points for 2 weeks straight. That's WAY severe in drop off.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Will is near the top of the SEC leaderboard as a QB but as has been pointed out here a few times, a lot of his yards are yards after catch. Because of that, you have to subtract 3 wins from last year. Also, in some games we weren't an offensive juggernaut so that's another 3 losses from last year's team. As a result, and many of you won't admit it, last year's team really was only 3-9, including a bowl loss because the offense didn't look good against Illinois. That's how the truth works on message boards and why Wright should have started sooner.***
LOL!

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
We have 8 four star DBs. 6 four star WRs. We did not miss on all of those. Anybody that thinks that has lost their minds. Put the blame where it goes. The staff can not coach.

The play where Tulu and Thomas ran into each other is nothing more than coaching. That was pathetic.
If that’s true then we’ll surely see at least 5 or 6 of those 14 players in the NFL. We won’t see any. So quit acting like just because someone thought they were great in HS that they are elite physical specimens that we aren’t teaching very well.

It’s talent AND coaching. The two things aren’t mutually exclusive.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
If that’s true then we’ll surely see at least 5 or 6 of those 14 players in the NFL. We won’t see any. So quit acting like just because someone thought they were great in HS that they are elite physical specimens that we aren’t teaching very well.

It’s talent AND coaching. The two things aren’t mutually exclusive.
I believe I will speak my mind. You don;t miss on that many players. It coaching. And they will not be here next year.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I believe I will speak my mind. You don;t miss on that many players. It coaching. And they will not be here next year.
Who said they were misses? For example, is Pickering a miss? He was 4* DL who has played decent at times but not great. He has essentially played like a 3*. Won’t be drafted. That’s a microcosm for the whole roster. We have a lot of guys with some tools, but none who jump out on film and make you gameplan around them. Zero true studs who will play many years at the next level. And we’ve never, ever had a team that won more than 5-6 games without that caliber of player in multiple positions. Its pretty much mandatory to have those kinds of players in order to have success in the SEC.

Last edited:

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Who said they were misses? For example, is Pickering a miss? He was 4* DL who has played decent at times but not great. He has essentially played like a 3*. Won’t be drafted. That’s a microcosm for the whole roster. We have a lot of guys with some tools, but none who jump out on film and make you gameplan around them. Zero true studs who will play many years at the next level. And we’ve never, ever had a team that won more than 5-6 games without that caliber of player in multiple positions. Its pretty much mandatory to have those kinds of players in order to have success in the SEC.
Due to coaching.

For example teaching the WRs to crackback block. Why would we ever teach that? It's illegal.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
You look really silly when you try and say that Mike Leach was a bad coach.

Were there extenuating circumstances with COVID? Yes. Did Mullen (yes Mullen) leave a HUGE hole with recruiting that hit in 2020? Yes. Did we start a lot of freshmen? Yes. Did we have attitude issues that needed to be cleaned up? Yes.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Due to coaching.

For example teaching the WRs to crackback block. Why would we ever teach that? It's illegal.
Due to coaching? Whose coaching?

Pickering has been here six damn years….he’s been the same player under 3 different coaches and 3 different DC’s. He’s a very average SEC DL. We have assorted average to below average SEC DB’s, and others at other positions. Many were highly rated, went to other schools, but couldn’t hack it and came to MSU in the portal when they got exposed for being not as great as the recruiting rankings said they were.

As far as “crack back blocks”, we didn’t teach it. And it just became illegal like 2 years ago. Not saying its OK when it happens, but you have guys that played football for 8-10 years being taught to make that block every time, and then told NOT to do it. Just like targeting, its a lot of muscle memory that has to be deprogrammed. And it still doesn’t get called half the time it happens, either.

I still remember Brandon Heavens completely decleating a Michigan player in the 2011 Gator Bowl on a long LaDarius Perkins run, and that got probably the biggest cheer of the game. Completely illegal play now.

Last edited:

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
You look really silly when you try and say that Mike Leach was a bad coach.

Were there extenuating circumstances with COVID? Yes. Did Mullen (yes Mullen) leave a HUGE hole with recruiting that hit in 2020? Yes. Did we start a lot of freshmen? Yes. Did we have attitude issues that needed to be cleaned up? Yes.
I’ll add another one….did we have an All-American candidate at QB that went full Steve Blass and totally 17ing forgot how to play football after 2 games that season? Yes.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
We didn’t teach it. And it just became illegal like 2 years ago. Not saying its OK when it happens, but you have guys that played football for 8-10 years being taught to make that block every time, and then told NOT to do it. Just like targeting, its a lot of muscle memory that has to be deprogrammed. And it still doesn’t get called half the time it happens, either.

I still remember Brandon Heavens completely decleating a Michigan player in the 2011 Gator Bowl on a long LaDarius Perkins run, and that got probably the biggest cheer of the game. Completely illegal play now.
We 100% do teach it!

Sep 15, 2009
We lost 3 NFL players. So not exactly the same team. And the DC from last year is still here. He isn’t in a closet while Brock coaches.
You sure about that? I watched last year's defense and this one, and someone is definitely in the closet. No, the DC from last year is not still here. He gone.**

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login