We got a pitcher transfer from Miami

Eleven Bravo

Aug 31, 2018
I think this is a possible Saturday or Sunday type guy. We are still on several guys with the stuff to be the Friday night guy at this point. By August 1, I believe that the picture becomes a lot clearer.

Reactions: Tripp McNeely

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I want middle guys who can eat innings or the second coming of Girodo. You have to get lucky to find solid closers.

Msuirondawgs

Mar 18, 2023
Nothing jumps off the screen about his stats but hey, maybe he ends up helping us a ton.

NWADog

Aug 16, 2014
I believe this guys last start against Florida State got him pitcher of the week in ACC and he pitched like 8 innings of 3 hit shutout ball. So he’s got some dominant stuff potential it sounds like. Really hoping Lofton and Cijente progress a lot and Stone Simmons returning helps with depth. Grab Holman kid too and we have a good shot at really turning this around quick.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I believe this guys last start against Florida State got him pitcher of the week in ACC and he pitched like 8 innings of 3 hit shutout ball.

Also got him an extended vacation for most of the rest of the season:

"The Sarasota, Florida native’s sophomore campaign was one that was plagued by injuries. Ligon carried a 4.25 ERA through seven starts and capped off his solid start to the season with eight shutout innings against Florida State on March 31st, but missed the following three weeks with arm soreness.

Ligon returned on April 23rd and helped the Hurricanes to a win over Georgia Tech with two runs allowed in four innings, but missed the following month with shoulder inflammation and wouldn’t get through three innings in his starts against Wake Forest and Texas in the ACC and NCAA Tournaments" BulldogBlitz.com

patdog

May 28, 2007
In my unprofessional opinion, a solid Cade Smith replacement, but he’s got some work ahead of him to land a weekend role. Including staying healthy
If he's healthy, he'll be a weekend starter.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Dr. Linton will fix him right up.
I don't see any "sarcasterisks" so I'll add that he retired didn't he? And now Chad Altmyer that had kind of taken over for Rusty changed from Columbus Orthopedic Clinic to Specialty Orthopedic so he's out now too. Not sure who the new team orthopedist is

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
Correct in that he took a liner to the face, don’t recall who it was against but never was able to fully recover from that mentally.
For anyone that saw it happen, it was a brutal injury. Shattered his jaw bone. Thankfully he did not lose an eye. He was outstanding before the injury but flinched every time he released a ball after that. Never could get past it. I don’t blame him for flinching. I think very few people could get past what happened to him. One of the worst sports injuries I ever saw actually happen.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
We'll also get Brooks Auger & Pico Kohn back next year from UCL injuries

Uhh I certainly wouldn’t count on Kohn for 2024. He didn’t have surgery until April. He’s not likely to be back until 2025, and he’ll be draft eligible before that season, too.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
In my unprofessional opinion, a solid Cade Smith replacement, but he’s got some work ahead of him to land a weekend role. Including staying healthy
Work ahead? Not much returning stars to keep him from being a weekend guy

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Work ahead? Not much returning stars to keep him from being a weekend guy
Not denying the second part, but if our head coach honestly just promised a weekend SEC starting gig to a guy that was shut down for 75% of last season and that was marginally good when he did pitch, I guess this program continues to prove to me that it can find ways to dig a deeper hole

Reactions: Msuirondawgs

patdog

May 28, 2007
Not denying the second part, but if our head coach honestly just promised a weekend SEC starting gig to a guy that was shut down for 75% of last season and that was marginally good when he did pitch, I guess this program continues to prove to me that it can find ways to dig a deeper hole
No question about that. But, if he’s healthy, he’s much better than anyone else we have coming back. I just hope the shoulder doesn’t need surgery.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Uhh I certainly wouldn’t count on Kohn for 2024. He didn’t have surgery until April. He’s not likely to be back until 2025, and he’ll be draft eligible before that season, too.
I doubt Pico gets drafted if he doesn’t pitch this upcoming season.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login