We got a pitcher transfer from Miami

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I doubt Pico gets drafted if he doesn’t pitch this upcoming season.

Possibly not, but really he’s only got to throw a few good bullpen sessions for scouts by mid-June of next year. If he looks good, he could get picked somewhere, and it is his leverage year.

I mean, Eric Cerantola was a 5th round pick. Scouts will overlook a whole lot of things if they see something in a player. EC hardly pitched at all, and never looked good at any point from a competitive standpoint.

Last edited:

ZestyJalapeno

Dec 3, 2021
Possibly not, but really he’s only got to throw a few good bullpen sessions for scouts by mid-June of next year. If he looks good, he could get picked somewhere, and it is his leverage year.

I mean, Eric Cerantola was a 5th round pick. Scouts will overlook a whole lot of things if they see something in a player. EC hardly pitched at all, and never looked good at any point from a competitive standpoint.
Pico will have two leverage years since he redshirted. He’ll be a sophomore eligibility-wise next spring.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Pico will have two leverage years since he redshirted. He’ll be a sophomore eligibility-wise next spring.

Yeah but the true “leverage year” is the Age 21 season. MLB doesn’t like giving huge signing bonuses to 22 year olds unless they are elite players. Still probably will be his best play to try and show something on the field in 2025, but I think its pretty naive to think he won’t at least test the waters in the 2024 draft if he is healthy enough.

Overall, I think him returning to pitch in 2025 is the most likely scenario by far. But its just as likely that he never pitches at MSU again as it it is that he pitches in 2024. Neither of those is particularly likely though.

Reactions: patdog
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login