We have a lead. Smith is dealing early, need middle relief then Sims

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
O.K. It's not last year. Hoping we find a reliable closer and soon. I'm assuming our middle relievers are up to the challenge. We'll see.

Dawgtruc

Sep 8, 2018
O.K. It's not last year. Hoping we find a reliable closer and soon. I'm assuming our middle relievers are up to the challenge. We'll see.

Burning Preston Johnson yesterday might hurt us today.

Brandon Smith maybe? He will get ground ball outs.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I’ve been wondering where Fristoe fits into the pitching situation. Mid-week starter or is he available in a relief spot?

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
I'd be happy with a Cole Gordon type of guy. Dude was fun to watch in a "damn he got out of that" kind of way. There was some suspense involved. Sims was fun to watch because he was totally dominant like Rip from Yellowstone when he gets in a fight.

Quincy A. Wagstaff

May 28, 2020
Brandon is psycho enough to be a closer.

Brandon Smith maybe? He will get ground ball outs.
Brandon Smith said he was done with Tulane talking that noise from the dugout. Inject this into my veins!!! #Dawgs #HailState pic.twitter.com/fITbXkhhJ1— Heath Sellers™ (@CoachSellers) February 28, 2021

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
He and Walling have to be doing mid week right? And then if they look great you’ll move them before sec play

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
Might have to go to the Tulane series after all.

Brandon Smith said he was done with Tulane talking that noise from the dugout. Inject this into my veins!!! #Dawgs #HailState pic.twitter.com/fITbXkhhJ1— Heath Sellers™ (@CoachSellers) February 28, 2021

I don't want to give them any of my money and I don't want to sit in the cheap seats. Turchin is a decent place to watch a game and I wouldn't mind seeing a repeat of that. I hope he's got a little more movement on his fastball this year.

Last edited:

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I can believe we didn’t find an inning for Walling.

That's disappointing. Based on how we used other potnetial starters, I'm assuming that's because he jus thasn't earned it with the way hie pitched and not because they want to see him start a game and see how he responds.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login