Ole Miss-76.5%
At LSU-55.5%
Kentucky-60.3%
At Auburn-14.9%
At Texas A&M-24.3%
South Carolina-74.8%

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Definitely think we need to win the first four. After that I think it’s just a matter of find another win or two at least, doesn’t particularly matter who.

Our second half of the schedule is definitely a little easier than the first half. But still gotta go win games.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Need to go 6-3 at minimum in the second half. Preferably 7-2. 10-8 in the SEC puts us comfortably in the tournament. 9-9 and we might be sweating a little

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Need to go 6-3 at minimum in the second half. Preferably 7-2. 10-8 in the SEC puts us comfortably in the tournament. 9-9 and we might be sweating a little

I think you’re one game off. 5-4 likely gets us in the tourney. 6-3 would be a lock. 7-2 and we’re like a 6 or 7 seed.

Reactions: paindonthurt

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I fully acknowledge that the feelings I'm about to express have everything to do with me and the decades I've been an MSU fan, and little to do with this particular team. But...

I just can't get remotely excited about another MSU basketball team that Is pretty good, may or may not make the NCAAs, and if they do they will definitely be gone by the end of the first weekend.

With what we had returning and some additions, I expected us to be improved and entertaining. It's disappointing.

For the sake of the younger fans and the die hards and the players, I'm glad our years in the Rick Ray basketball wilderness are gone, but I just can't get excited about this.

StumpNewGround

Dec 9, 2022
ESPN BPI Chances for State win
Georgia-77.9%
At Missouri-65.2%
Arkansas-86.9%
Ole Miss-76.5%
At LSU-55.5%
Kentucky-60.3%
At Auburn-14.9%
At Texas A&M-24.3%
South Carolina-74.8%
I think 5-0 over the next 5 is very likely.

This team, other than the crappy performance tonight, is better than they’re getting credit for.

Within a whisker of winning at usc who’s turned out to be pretty damn good. Same for Alabama at home, one that got away. Umiss on the road, same.

Don’t give up on em. They’re coached by the best coach on campus. Who in their right mind thought we would make the tournament last year? Nobody.

Win 5 in a row and **** changes in a hurry.

Last edited:

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I think 5-0 over the next 5 is very likely.

This team, other than the crappy performance tonight, is better than they’re getting credit for.

Within a whisker of winning at usc who’s turned out to be pretty damn good. Same for Alabama at home, one that got away. Umiss on the road, same.

Don’t give up on em. They’re coached by the best coach on campus. Who in their right mind thought we would make the tournament last year? Nobody.

Win 5 in a row and **** changes in a hurry.

Tonight was bad but I do think the difficulty of our first nine games is being lost on some. There are exactly seven teams over .500 in SEC play at the moment and we’ve played every single one of them, including two games against the first place team. Lol.

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
Tonight was bad but I do think the difficulty of our first nine games is being lost on some. There are exactly seven teams over .500 in SEC play at the moment and we’ve played every single one of them, including two games against the first place team. Lol.
So you’re saying the reason they’re the 1st place team is because they’ve played us twice. Lol

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
This team is not very talented basketball wise. When they out hustle the other team they are pretty good bit im right there with shemateme. Not excited at all. Expected better. One and done if they even make it. Yeah the schedule has been tough and they do get some seemingly easy wins coming up. Still gonna lose a few tho. If you are a good team you win some on the road. You beat other good teams. They dont.

TNDawg1

Oct 21, 2023
Our guard play is going to limit us as well as not having an athletic post who defends the rim. We didnt address those factors in the portal for whatever reasons and here we are with a narrowing margin of error. I think Jans is smart enough to know what we need going forward but I’m not sure if he has the contacts or “proof of concept” to get elite transfers wanting to play for him.

I jokingly said in the game thread that he needs to go Nick Nolte inThe portal and it’s true. We need to bring in 2-3 transfers that are so highly thought of we get ranked pre-season. Gotta admit I don’t see how that’s possible with all these other programs crowding the market.

Reactions: Ranchdawg

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
The last two games we quit playing defense. We are not capable of winning with our offense when we give up on defense. Maybe we can get back to playing defense and win a few more games.

Reactions: Leeshouldveflanked

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Got to win the next 4 period. Season is on the line with this stretch. All are quad 3 games I think now. With uga, ole miss, mizzou, and Arkansas all losing on Saturday.

I’ll withhold judgement until the end of this 4 game stretch, however it’s pretty clear that our basketball program still has a long way to go. We might be on the right side of average, but that’s about it

patdog

May 28, 2007
With what we had returning and some additions, I expected us to be improved and entertaining. It's disappointing.
That's what's frustrating about this team. With the players returning, another year in the system, and the players we brought in, we should be better than last year. Instead, we're worse. Something's wrong with this team. I don't know if it's Jan, locker room, lack of leaders on the team or what. But something's not right.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Got to win the next 4 period. Season is on the line with this stretch. All are quad 3 games I think now. With uga, ole miss, mizzou, and Arkansas all losing on Saturday.

I’ll withhold judgement until the end of this 4 game stretch, however it’s pretty clear that our basketball program still has a long way to go. We might be on the right side of average, but that’s about it

Ole Miss is a Q2 game but yes the other three in that stretch are all Q3.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
That's what's frustrating about this team. With the players returning, another year in the system, and the players we brought in, we should be better than last year. Instead, we're worse. Something's wrong with this team. I don't know if it's Jan, locker room, lack of leaders on the team or what. But something's not right.
I do not think we have a floor leader. That's a huge bit of the issue.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
We’ll see what the team is made of very soon. Many possibilities but I could see us either folding and missing tourney OR hitting our stride and gaining confidence when we don’t have to play a murderers row of tough teams. If we do the latter, we’ll be the kind of team that makes deeper than they should tourney runs. Time will tell.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Ole Miss is a Q2 game but yes the other three in that stretch are all Q3.
Ole Miss plays both South Carolina and Kentucky before playing us as well. Think there net is in the 60, but yes should remain a Q2

This stretch is again the season. Honestly can’t afford a loss at all

stateu1

Mar 21, 2016
I don’t think we are worse. We didn’t have the quality UT & Auburn wins last year. I think it’s a matter of the SEC being that much better.

Reactions: FlotownDawg

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
Guy on sec network show said “I’m calling the Miss state bulldogs out. Look at them standing around watching. That is not Miss State basketball.”
you mean you actually believed the players who haven’t won a meaningful game their entire careers here were suddenly going to start being better than swac level players in their 4th & 5th years?

Reactions: Rupert Jenkins

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Not optimistic about going 6-0. I think it's more realistic that this stretch reminds us we're State fans

Reactions: patdog

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
It’s like everyone forgets we started 1-7 in the SEC last season before finishing 7-3 and making the tournament. We have every chance to do that again this season. We have played the toughest conference schedule in the country so far. That is fact. The announcer last night said we are the only team in the country to play eight Quad 1 games in our first nine conference games. If we lose some of these games against Q3 teams, I’ll be right there with you saying this team is a disappointment, but I’m not there yet. Let the season play out.

Austinmsu5

Dec 18, 2023
Guy on sec network show said “I’m calling the Miss state bulldogs out. Look at them standing around watching. That is not Miss State basketball.”

you mean you actually believed the players who haven’t won a meaningful game their entire careers here were suddenly going to start being better than swac level players in their 4th & 5th years?
We’ve beaten 2 top 10 teams this year. Do yall actually watch us play?

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
Apparently, some of our fans had is chalked in at 9-0 to this point, and they refuse to see reality.
Nobody had us at 9-0 but we were a preseason 11-7 team and we aren’t coming close to that. We are 0fer on the road. Swept by Bama, lost to scUM already and probably lose to LSU on the road. For a team with this much returning experience it most definitely is underachieving.
We are the same team as last year with one decent shooter and much less defensive intensity.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login