We have to go 6-0 in these next 6.

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
We’ve beaten 2 top 10 teams this year. Do yall actually watch us play?
How many ncaa tourney wins do your graduate & senior starters have between them combined. Jeffries, Matthews, Moore, and Tolu. I’ll hang up and listen.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
At some point you just are what you are. And what we are is wildly inconsistent.

Reactions: TNDawg1

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
Nobody had us at 9-0 but we were a preseason 11-7 team and we aren’t coming close to that. We are 0fer on the road. Swept by Bama, lost to scUM already and probably lose to LSU on the road. For a team with this much returning experience it most definitely is underachieving.
We are the same team as last year with one decent shooter and much less defensive intensity.
Well, would be right on pace if we took care of USC and Ole Miss on the road. Both were supposed to be terrible.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Regardless of it being at home or not, I have serious questions about any algorithm that gives us a 60% chance against Kentucky
No kidding. People tend to treat computer ranking as if they’re the gospel. But they’re only as good as the algorithm they’re using. And some of those are pretty awful.

Reactions: msudawg1200

Austinmsu5

Dec 18, 2023
How many ncaa tourney wins do your graduate & senior starters have between them combined. Jeffries, Matthews, Moore, and Tolu. I’ll hang up and listen.
UConn had lost in the first round the 2 years before winning last year. I don’t think we’re going to win the national championship but this is a dumb argument.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
How many NCAA Tourney wins does every player who has played for us since 2008 have? Zero. The last two seasons are the best back to back seasons we’ve had since 2008-2009.

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
Regardless of it being at home or not, I have serious questions about any algorithm that gives us a 60% chance against Kentucky
Kentucky has beaten us, Florida, Arkansas, Missouri, and Georgia. They have lost 3 of their last 4. They can’t defend at all. If the game were Wednesday, we would be Vegas favorites at home.

Unfortunately, the game is not Wednesday. I bet they will have things figured out in a month when we get them.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
If making the tournament is your goal then this team is likely to be successful. Is one and done the goal ? Then oh yeah....we are still on track. We just need to most of our remaining games and we are successful. We can probly do that if our injuries don't stop us but at least we have a good excuse if they don't.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
How many NCAA Tourney wins does every player who has played for us since 2008 have? Zero. The last two seasons are the best back to back seasons we’ve had since 2008-2009.

How easily people forget that we have zero NCAAT wins since Gordon and Rhodes were still on campus.

Reactions: FlotownDawg

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
So you’re saying the only person with any rebounds in a real ncaa tournament game(not a play-in game) is when Jimmy Bell Jr had 4 in 11 minutes with 9seed West Virginia playing 8seed Maryland in the 1st round last year?

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
So you’re saying the only person with any rebounds in a real ncaa tournament game(not a play-in game) is when Jimmy Bell Jr had 4 in 11 minutes with 9seed West Virginia playing 8seed Maryland in the 1st round last year?

Our game against Pitt last year was a real NCAAT game, no matter how many times our own fans want to pretend it doesn’t count for some reason.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Our game against Pitt last year was a real NCAAT game, no matter how many times our own fans want to pretend it doesn’t count for some reason.
Its a catch 22 for me.

Its like the NBA playoffs. If you get to the play in game, are you in the playoffs or are you playing your way into a chance to get in.

I mean i know its all about banners and such, so for that reason we made the tournament.... But its long been a 64 team tournament. We had the chance to play our way into the 64 team and didnt.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
PLAY IN game. That extrapolates out to "play to get into the tournament" game. It is not a tournament game. I'm just kinda frustrated cause I expected more this year. We took last year's team and added Bell to give Tolu some relief. Added Taylor, Fort and got Hubbard for some shooting. I, like most folks, assumed we would be much improved. Taylor was a dud, Fort has been ineffective for the most part and I don't know what to say about Bell. Hubbard of course was a huge surprise. Imagine if we didn't have Hubbard. Good Lord.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Its a catch 22 for me.

Its like the NBA playoffs. If you get to the play in game, are you in the playoffs or are you playing your way into a chance to get in.

I mean i know its all about banners and such, so for that reason we made the tournament.... But its long been a 64 team tournament. We had the chance to play our way into the 64 team and didnt.
When 60 teams have a bye and only 8 are playing, that's a play-in game. Not part of the "real" tournament. Back in the old days of the 48-team tournament when 16 teams had a bye and 32 played in the 1st round, that's part of the "real" tournament.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
PLAY IN game. That extrapolates out to "play to get into the tournament" game. It is not a tournament game. I'm just kinda frustrated cause I expected more this year. We took last year's team and added Bell to give Tolu some relief. Added Taylor, Fort and got Hubbard for some shooting. I, like most folks, assumed we would be much improved. Taylor was a dud, Fort has been ineffective for the most part and I don't know what to say about Bell. Hubbard of course was a huge surprise. Imagine if we didn't have Hubbard. Good Lord.

It’s not even called a play-in game. It’s the First Four. The field is 68 teams and has been since 2011. We were in the field of 68. That means you’re in the tournament.

Just because it was 64 the last time our fans gave two sh*ts about basketball doesn’t mean anything. The tournament begins with those Dayton games and has for over a decade.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
It’s not even called a play-in game. It’s the First Four. The field is 68 teams and has been since 2011. We were in the field of 68. That means you’re in the tournament.

Just because it was 64 the last time our fans gave two sh*ts about basketball doesn’t mean anything. The tournament begins with those Dayton games and has for over a decade.

Again technically yes. But you can call it first four, play in, or the march madness kickoff, it doesnt matter what you call it. We all know the tournament is a 64 team deal.

Yes I get you get put it on a banner and all... but its kinda like making the NBA playoffs in the play in game. At the very least there is an asterik by it.

Reactions: patdog

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Its a catch 22 for me.

It's officially a 68 team tournament now. That happened last year. You may have missed it.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
They did away with the "play in" language a long time ago. It's officially a 68 team tournament now.

So yes, it was a tournament game.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022

You got it. Sorry I duplicated this later, didn't see your reply.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
It's officially a 68 team tournament now. That happened last year. You may have missed it.

Again it can be called whatever you want to call it. The name doesnt matter to me. 60 teams are in the touranment 8 team play 2 days before while the other 60 get byes.

Getting into the play in round and losing.. is b/t the NIT and actually making the tournament IMO.

Reactions: Rupert Jenkins

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Again technically yes. But you can call it first four, play in, or the march madness kickoff, it doesnt matter what you call it. We all know the tournament is a 64 team deal.

Yes I get you get put it on a banner and all... but its kinda like making the NBA playoffs in the play in game. At the very least there is an asterik by it.
The NBA calls those "PLAY IN GAMES". The NCAA no longer has those.

Do you consider the wildcard games in NFL to be playoff games? The NFL does. That's the first round of the playoffs.

How about MLB? Yep, they do too.

The NCAA official site calls the First Four games part of their national championship tournament. It's OFFICIALLY a 68 team tournament.

"We all know" isn't a reason. It's just wrong. This is a ridiculously stupid topic, because it doesn't matter what happened last year. But please keep trying hard to come up with reasons Mississippi State is terrible. You and baddawg11 are putting in a lot of hard work and dedication lately to prove how ****** our team is. Maybe it will pay off for you someday.

Reactions: FlotownDawg

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Again it can be called whatever you want to call it. The name doesnt matter to me. 60 teams are in the touranment 8 team play 2 days before while the other 60 get byes.

Getting into the play in round and losing.. is b/t the NIT and actually making the tournament IMO.
This isn’t directed towards anyone in particular, but I’m smiling while reading through a 24-hr semantics debate about a game that we didn’t even win

Reactions: Rupert Jenkins

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
The NBA calls those "PLAY IN GAMES". The NCAA no longer has those.

Do you consider the wildcard games in NFL to be playoff games? The NFL does. That's the first round of the playoffs.

How about MLB? Yep, they do too.

The NCAA official site calls the First Four games part of their national championship tournament. It's OFFICIALLY a 68 team tournament.

"We all know" isn't a reason. It's just wrong. This is a ridiculously stupid topic, because it doesn't matter what happened last year. But please keep trying hard to come up with reasons Mississippi State is terrible. You and baddawg11 are putting in a lot of hard work and dedication lately to prove how ****** our team is. Maybe it will pay off for you someday.
lol. Sure thing buddy. Let’s give them all rings like we do the winners of the consolidation tournaments in travel ball.

Too early in the morning to start drinking. Might want to put the beverage down.

also I’m one of the more positive people on these boards when it comes to basketball

• Haha

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
We don't have to win another regular season game. We should just focus on the sec tournament. Win that, and we a lock.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Some of our fans never miss an opportunity to schitt on our team and players. Of course those people don’t want to admit we made the NCAA Tournament last season. It would be some positivity and they hate that.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Let’s give them all rings like we do the winners of the consolidation tournaments in travel ball.
Give them all rings? That makes no sense. We didn't win a ring, or get any type of consolation prize that I know of.

We did, however, make the tournament last year. If we had won our tournament games, we would have won a ring. But we lost.

Athletics is a merit-based system. Win and advance (get rewarded), lose and you don't. We won enough last year to get an entry ticket into the tournament. Nothing more. Not sure why you would want to disguise that fact just to make State look bad. Are you really a fan of another team, or just a baby throwing a tantrum because we lost 2 games on the road to 2 good teams this week? I can't think of a third reason.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022

Again, you can tell yourself all you want it’s a 64 team tournament, but it’s been officially considered a 68 team tourney for almost 15 years now. The NCAA and MSU recognize us as qualifying for the tournament last year.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Every sports league in America has expanded their postseason in some form or fashion in the last 25 years. Should the extra NFL or MLB Wild Card teams not claim to have made the playoffs just because it used to be a smaller field? Heck no.

We made the 2023 NCAA Tourney. It’s not a matter for debate.

TNDawg1

Oct 21, 2023
Well, would be right on pace if we took care of USC and Ole Miss on the road. Both were supposed to be terrible.
Both of those programs had much better off seasons than we did. Yeah they looked very winnable at first glance.

TNDawg1

Oct 21, 2023
We don't have to win another regular season game. We should just focus on the sec tournament. Win that, and we a lock.
Think About It GIF by Identity

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
People on this board sh*t on our teams when they underperform expectations. If you have lowered expectations I guess thats you. This team is suppose to be improved from last year but it isn't. You can pretend it is if you want but the facts are they are not improved. I'm sure Jans would agree with that observation. Very similar to last season in football.

Reactions: patdog

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
You and baddawg11 are putting in a lot of hard work and dedication lately to prove how ****** our team is. Maybe it will pay off for you someday.
The webels had their own coaches make fake accounts to talk trash so it would motivate their players against Penn State.

We have our own fans who do that by wanting more out of the team.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login