We let 15 single handily beat us tonight.

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
No offense, but Honestly it was refreshing to see diversity flourish in the hump again. There are a lot of good players on the Mississippi high school level from a variety of different backgrounds and there’s no reason Miss State University shouldn’t incorporate more diversity into their basketball team.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
No offense, but Honestly it was refreshing to see diversity flourish in the hump again. There are a lot of good players on the Mississippi high school level from a variety of different backgrounds and there’s no reason Miss State University shouldn’t incorporate more diversity into their basketball team.

It has to suck to be so focused or concerned with skin color that it even bleeds into a sports message board discussion about a game where you declare it was refreshing to see a white player(s) get meaningful minutes on the court.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Like I said before… There's a difference between Mississippi State talent and Kentucky talent.

We will get one of those types of players every 10 years they get them every season.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Sheppard was unconscious tonight. Ton of points, highly efficient, bunch of assists, bunch of rebounds.

Claiming MSU let him singlehandedly win is a bit absurd because if you double him it would result in someone else feasting on the mismatch.
He was really frustrating to watch. I imagine him for us was Hubbard for UK fans.

Reactions: KentuckyDawg13

TNDawg1

Oct 21, 2023
If we edged them there would be a UK counterpart mad about “allowing” Hubbard to beat them.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Our team played their hearts out last night, but whatever plan we had for Sheppard, teams can use that tape to make sure they do the opposite in the future. He’s a 3 pt shooter that averages two FGs per game inside the arch, yet we let him do whatever he wanted in the paint all night long.

He’s not quick, he’s not overly athletic, and he got about 6 inches off the ground on that game winner. Barring a 10-10 performance from 3, giving up 32 to that guy is ridiculous, and I could not understand why we kept letting him cut towards the lane to continuously take wide open jumpers and layups.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012

It has to suck to be so focused or concerned with skin color that it even bleeds into a sports message board discussion about a game where you declare it was refreshing to see a white player(s) get meaningful minutes on the court.
What a racist post!

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
We don't want too much of the type of diversity you speak of. Remember that basketball was invented by a white male and for decades college and pro-basketball were segregated. Thus, the institutions, NBA and college basketball, are by definition structurally racist, something that limits the ability of non-whites to successfully compete. I'm not surprised Sheppard dominated that game. The game is designed for people who look like him to succeed.

• Haha
Reactions: NashLA

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
We just don’t guard the dribble well against most teams that aren’t terrible. It’s been an issue. And I’m sure we were dog tired down the stretch bc we had to take Rams out bc he couldn’t guard.

Reactions: Seinfeld

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
We just don’t guard the dribble well against most teams that aren’t terrible. It’s been an issue. And I’m sure we were dog tired down the stretch bc we had to take Rams out bc he couldn’t guard.
Neither could hubbard. Kentucky attacked him all night with their guards.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Neither could hubbard. Kentucky attacked him all night with their guards.
Yeah. Thats what I was saying. Rams just happens to be the worst of them. He gets bet off the first dribble sometimes.

Oct 17, 2023
Our team played their hearts out last night, but whatever plan we had for Sheppard, teams can use that tape to make sure they do the opposite in the future. He’s a 3 pt shooter that averages two FGs per game inside the arch, yet we let him do whatever he wanted in the paint all night long.

He’s not quick, he’s not overly athletic, and he got about 6 inches off the ground on that game winner. Barring a 10-10 performance from 3, giving up 32 to that guy is ridiculous, and I could not understand why we kept letting him cut towards the lane to continuously take wide open jumpers and layups.
Well, your opinion is a little different than calipari's. He has said several times that Sheppard is the best freshman he has had.

Reactions: HuntDawg

tcdog70

Sep 24, 2012
as great as Hub is on offense--they went after him . hard for 5'7" to guard 6'4". If Cal had called a timeout we could have put DJ on 15.

Reactions: HuntDawg

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
as great as Hub is on offense--they went after him . hard for 5'7" to guard 6'4". If Cal had called a timeout we could have put DJ on 15.
No doubt. Smart move by Cal. Others have done it too, just showed up more last night because of the closeness of the game. Alabama went right at him as did Auburn as well.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Well, your opinion is a little different than calipari's. He has said several times that Sheppard is the best freshman he has had.
Best freshman this year or as in ever? If this year, I mean, it’s possible. He may be one of the best spot up 3 pt shooters I’ve ever seen in college. 52% in a conference like the SEC is just insane. He’s not even average inside the arch, though, and that’s what made me so angry last night. We let him do things all night that he’s not particularly good at doing.

If Cal is talking about all time, though, that’s a ridiculous quote even for him

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Best freshman this year or as in ever? If this year, I mean, it’s possible. He may be one of the best spot up 3 pt shooters I’ve ever seen in college. 52% in a conference like the SEC is just insane. He’s not even average inside the arch, though, and that’s what made me so angry last night. We let him do things all night that he’s not particularly good at doing.

If Cal is talking about all time, though, that’s a ridiculous quote even for him
You havent watched him play if you think he's average inside the arc. What he did last night he's been doing all year. You dont shoot 55% from the field and not be good inside the arc or in the lane, or finishing the rim. He's got over a 2 to 1 assist to turnover ratio as well, while being in the top 5 in assists in the league. Leads the SEC in steals by a wide margin and rebounds well for a guard...all things he did well last night

Last night was his best games numbers wise, but thats because thats how kentucky plays. They dont funnel shots to one guy and they expect the offense to be ran. Its why they are as efficent as they are.

I too was shocked when i heard the best freshman line. But cal has said it multiple times. Got to take the coach at his word, and based on last night. Hard to argue.

Reactions: Anon1697564126

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
You havent watched him play if you think he's average inside the arc. What he did last night he's been doing all year. You dont shoot 55% from the field and not be good inside the arc or in the lane, or finishing the rim. He's got over a 2 to 1 assist to turnover ratio as well.

Last night was his best games numbers wise, but thats because thats how kentucky plays. They dont funnel shots to one guy and they expect the offense to be ran. Its why they are as efficent as they are.

I too was shocked when i heard the best freshman line. But cal has said it multiple times. Got to take the coach at his word, and based on last night. Hard to argue.
He’s averaged two 2-pt FGs/gm for the season. Two

He lives outside the 3 pt line, and the numbers back up what I said

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
He’s averaged two 2-pt FGs/gm for the season. Two

He lives outside the 3 pt line, and the numbers back up what I said
Because he drives and dishes. And he only shoots 8 shots a game. Again its how kentucky plays the game. You dont have to score from 2-point land to be good inside the arc. He has effected the game the same way he has all season to anyone that has watched kentucky play 4-5 games.

He takes what the defense gives him and runs the offense. Not hard to tell on the games the defense gives him the lane, he takes advantage of it very well. Much like he did last night. The numbers back this up.

We didnt handle the high ball screen well nor was hubbard good enough to handle him off the dribble. He ate our lunch. Had we adjusted, im sure his numbers wouldnt have been as good, but we didnt and he and kentucky were smart enough to continue to let him eat.

In other games, kentucky has won in other ways. They are very much a team that adjusts to what is happening in game. They were missing one of their best players last night and hardly missed a beat. They have a team concept, and a offensive system.

chuckster.sixpack

Mar 26, 2015
Because he drives and dishes. And he only shoots 8 shots a game. Again its how kentucky plays the game. You dont have to score from 2-point land to be good inside the arc. He has effected the game the same way he has all season to anyone that has watched kentucky play 4-5 games.

He takes what the defense gives him and runs the offense. Not hard to tell on the games the defense gives him the lane, he takes advantage of it very well. Much like he did last night. The numbers back this up.

We didnt handle the high ball screen well nor was hubbard good enough to handle him off the dribble. He ate our lunch. Had we adjusted, im sure his numbers wouldnt have been as good, but we didnt and he and kentucky were smart enough to continue to let him eat.

In other games, kentucky has won in other ways. They are very much a team that adjusts to what is happening in game. They were missing one of their best players last night and hardly missed a beat. They have a team concept, and an offensive system.
They had their best three players last night - Reeves, Sheppard and Dillingham. Anybody else is pretty much filling the other two boxes. It’s probably the best three guard combo in college basketball yet they are headed for a 10 loss season.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
They had their best three players last night - Reeves, Sheppard and Dillingham. Anybody else is pretty much filling the other two boxes. It’s probably the best three guard combo in college basketball yet they are headed for a 10 loss season.
Trey Mitchell leads the team in minutes when healthy. Averages 12 and 8. Is that 6-9 wing, that can slash, bang, and shoot the 3. He's defintely a top 3 player for them when healthy.. and obviously a guy that Cal leans heavily on

They are the youngest team in college basketball. Being 20-8, with only 1 real bad loss. Is pretty dang good. They'll finish the regular season 22-9 at worst.

chuckster.sixpack

Mar 26, 2015
Trey Mitchell leads the team in minutes when healthy. Averages 12 and 8. Is that 6-9 wing, that can slash, bang, and shoot the 3. He's defintely a top 3 player for them when healthy.. and obviously a guy that Cal leans heavily on
He is not one of their top three players. When he went out, he was in a bad funk.
Kentucky hasn’t won’t more than two in a row since Jan 13. If they bow out the first weekend again, it’s going to get interesting.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
He is not one of their top three players. When he went out, he was in a bad funk.
Kentucky hasn’t won’t more than two in a row since Jan 13. If they bow out the first weekend again, it’s going to get interesting.

Ok. If you say so. He leads the team in minutes. Defintely isnt just a box filler that you described. Weird that a guy getting 34 minutes isnt one of their 3 best players. He gets nearly 10 minutes more a game than dillingham. Guess Cal doesnt like to play his best players the most minutes.

• Haha

chuckster.sixpack

Mar 26, 2015
Ok. If you say so. He leads the team in minutes. Defintely isnt just a box filler that you described. Weird that a guy getting 34 minutes isnt one of their 3 best players. He gets nearly 10 minutes more a game than dillingham. Guess Cal doesnt like to play his best players the most minutes.
Calipari plays a lot of guys more than he should. That’s why they are sitting at eight losses. But you be you.

• Sad

chuckster.sixpack

Mar 26, 2015
Calipari plays a lot of guys more than he should. That’s why they are sitting at eight losses. But you be you.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018

Again Matt Jones is nothing more than a radio guy paid to have opinons. I'll trust Cal. Its like trusting Robbie Faulk over Jans.

Analytics are funny. They can only tell you certain things in a vaccuum. The exact problem with our baseball team.

If you dont think Edwards is a big piece of the success of UK then ok... again i'll trust cal... Also skewed by those numbers is they've dealt with injuries and people out a good bit.

chuckster.sixpack

Mar 26, 2015
Again Matt Jones is nothing more than a radio guy paid to have opinons. I'll trust Cal.

Analytics are funny. They can only tell you certain things in a vaccuum. The exact problem with our baseball team.

If you dont think Edwards is a big piece of the success of UK then ok... again i'll trust cal... Also skewed by those numbers is they've dealt with injuries and people out a good bit.
Jones didn’t generate the data.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login