We look like ole miss under Matt Luke

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Defense getting gashed by an fcs team. Offense no rhythm aggression or blocking.

they are pushing us around on defense.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
This is why we got no respect preseason. This what you get with no experience as a head coach. And making a quick hire. Arnett talked good but I don't see blue collar. We look weak and slow. Getting pushed around.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Second half defense was much better. However it's still fcs that's what we expect. We are sec. We have to play lsu auburn ole miss bama Kentucky TAMU. We should be marching the field on fcs and not allowing it to be a 13 point game at half.

sad part Is bama is struggling but they will still find a way against us.

maybe saban will hang it up

Reactions: AFDawg and patdog
Aug 22, 2012
Luke vs FCS:

2017 UT Martin: 45-23, 334 yards for UTM
2018 SIU: 76-41, 629 yards for SIU
2019 SLU: 40-29, 375 yards for SLU

State allowed 208 yards today. 79 came on one drive.
Thank you for doing the research so I don't have to.

These snowflakes overreact to absolutely everything.

First half was a little shaky, but these people are clowns.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
So we lost today?
You post game post ******* are something else. Don't understand anything of posting during the game. Hindsight after a game is always 20/20. During the 1st half we looked like dog ****. That's when the post was made. Joined aug 2nd. Come back when you been around a while.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Thank you for doing the research so I don't have to.

These snowflakes overreact to absolutely everything.

First half was a little shaky, but these people are clowns.
Yes we also were playing fcs school. You act like we started out with a sun belt team like southern or aac. Those conferences might have had a 7-14 game the way we played in the first half. This is the sec not the big 12 or mountain west. We are going to have to play much better or next week might be more of a close game that nobody would expect.

facts our line got pushed around by an fcs school until mid third. That's not shaky. That looks like TAMU and Arkansas last couple of years. Have to realize your opponent.

it's also a post during the game. At that time. The stats were not that great.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Second half defense was much better. However it's still fcs that's what we expect. We are sec. We have to play lsu auburn ole miss bama Kentucky TAMU. We should be marching the field on fcs and not allowing it to be a 13 point game at half.

sad part Is bama is struggling but they will still find a way against us.

maybe saban will hang it up

You are spending way too much time analyzing this game. And if you want to continue analyzing it, at least do it honestly. We completely dominated the 2nd half. Covered the spread by 10 points.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
It looked like a shaky start for an all new scheme. It wasn’t ideal but whatever. Special teams came through with a score so it’s nice to see Melee is still doing good work. I liked the wrinkles on offense I saw today. It was nice to see new guys getting stuff done. We’ll know more after Arizona.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
So we lost today?
Congrats we are fcs champs.

I'm not concerned about today. I'm concerned about week 2 and 3 judging by our first half play today. Our offensive line and qb have a lot to work on before then.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Congrats we are fcs champs.

I'm not concerned about today. I'm concerned about week 2 and 3 judging by our first half play today. Our offensive line and qb have a lot to work on before then.
It was the first game of our coaches career and our new offense. We had one bad series with our defense, otherwise, we did just fine. Why don't you pay any attention to the things we were able to accomplish that we normally don't?

298 yds Rushing - 3 TDs
227 yds Passing - 3 TDs
Blocked punt for a TD
Two field goals over 40 yards
0 Turnovers

Our defense gave up 83 yards rushing in 125 yards passing through the air for one score.

You are right in the fact that if we were playing anyone else we would've got our butts handed to us.

But we weren't and we won. We are not going to win the SEC but we're going to have a decent season.

Make sure you got fries with your order before you leave.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
It was the first game of our coaches career and our new offense. We had one bad series with our defense, otherwise, we did just fine. Why don't you pay any attention to the things we were able to accomplish that we normally don't?

298 yds Rushing - 3 TDs
227 yds Passing - 3 TDs
Blocked punt for a TD
Two field goals over 40 yards
0 Turnovers

Our defense gave up 83 yards rushing in 125 yards passing through the air for one score.

You are right in the fact that if we were playing anyone else we would've got our butts handed to us.

But we weren't and we won. We are not going to win the SEC but we're going to have a decent season.

Make sure you got fries with your order before you leave.
I am I'm also focused on what would make us better and give more hope for something more than 7 win season.

One of my other posts I mentioned the specialty teams being the best it is in years. We had 300 yards rushing thanks to Marks, Creed, and Mike. Will did have a couple nice throws and didn't turn it over.

Trojan is spot on. This is the worst team since croom.
I didn't say anything close to that.

I said in the first half we looked like a Matt Luke team. Soft and unprepared. It got better I. The second half. But I do expect better against fcs and first game. Expect a good sec team to come out and dominate start to finish. But we looked like a mediocre sec team today at least in first half. Second half we looked like a good sec team

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
I am I'm also focused on what would make us better and give more hope for something more than 7 win season.

One of my other posts I mentioned the specialty teams being the best it is in years. We had 300 yards rushing thanks to Marks, Creed, and Mike. Will did have a couple nice throws and didn't turn it over.

I didn't say anything close to that.

I said in the first half we looked like a Matt Luke team. Soft and unprepared. It got better I. The second half. But I do expect better against fcs and first game. Expect a good sec team to come out and dominate start to finish. But we looked like a mediocre sec team today at least in first half. Second half we looked like a good sec team
First half we did not look like an sec team, I disagree

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login