We may not can fire Lebby, but we can fire Selmon

patdog

May 28, 2007
If we could fire Arnett last year, we could fire Lebby this year. I know all the reasons not to. But I’ve never seen head coach & staff look so clueless what they’re supposed to be doing.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
If we could fire Arnett last year, we could fire Lebby this year. I know all the reasons not to. But I’ve never seen head coach & staff look so clueless what they’re supposed to be doing.
And you’re going to end up with the same pool of candidates. Guys no one is coming here if you keep firing coaches every year.

patdog

May 28, 2007
And you’re going to end up with the same pool of candidates. Guys no one is coming here if you keep firing coaches every year.
We had a candidate pool of 1 last year. Selmon was always going to hire his friend from Oklahoma. I do agree we probably have to give him a 2nd year. But the rest of this season could be historically ugly.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
We had a candidate pool of 1 last year. Selmon was always going to hire his friend from Oklahoma. I do agree we probably have to give him a 2nd year. But the rest of this season could be historically ugly.
We have no choice. We are stuck with it. We will have to live with the pains of hiring a green horn.

Reactions: Maroon13 and patdog

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Everybody knows this. The mistake was made last year. Well, and the year before that by Keenum too.

Just because we aren’t firing anyone doesn’t mean we won’t bltch and make it miserable for the morons who created this nightmare.

Reactions: patdog

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Honestly, should have just kept Arnett & given him 1 more year. We did win 5 games last year.
We probably decrease this year too. But at least our defensive staff was more experienced. We weren't recruiting well with him on defense either.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Honestly, should have just kept Arnett & given him 1 more year. We did win 5 games last year.
In hindsight, not a terrible idea. But…..definitely hindsight after seeing this trainwreck.

Better idea would have been to get a real, sure thing experienced coach last year.

Reactions: patdog

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
This is so 17ing stupid.

Using this logic, you’re saying Selmon never wants to elevate his position in college football. Just wants to hire his “friends” and watch them fail and say, “hey, I was a real AD once!!”

We had no choice but to fire Arnett. The problem was that he never should’ve been hired. And no sitting coach is going to walk into a situation where we just fired a coach after one year and literally lost every 17ing starter from the year before.

You truly suffer from Lebby Derangement Syndrome.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
This is so 17ing stupid.

Using this logic, you’re saying Selmon never wants to elevate his position in college football. Just wants to hire his “friends” and watch them fail and say, “hey, I was a real AD once!!”

We had no choice but to fire Arnett. The problem was that he never should’ve been hired. And no sitting coach is going to walk into a situation where we just fired a coach after one year and literally lost every 17ing starter from the year before.

You truly suffer from Lebby Derangement Syndrome.
I think Salmon really thought Lebby would work here. He’s that dumb to the real world.

And nobody dislikes Lebby. By all accounts he’s a nice guy. Certainly don’t want him to fail. But this is about business, and he’s a big softie like Moorhead and we all know how that ends.

Bulldog from Birth

Jan 23, 2007
Lebby just needs to learn his lesson, fire the DC, and hire someone who has done that job before. He can get the offense going in time. Having an offensive minded head coach who has never done the HC job before and then also hiring a DC who’s never done that job before was a recipe for what we are seeing now. Mullen knew to hire a proven DC, even if it’s an average or below average one, is fear was needed in his Year 1.

DawgieDust

Nov 6, 2017
We are the worst football program in the SEC by far. No competitiveness, toughness, cohesiveness, ect.. Alot of what are we doing moments, look lost, out of position, bad penalties.

Reactions: Maroon13

bulldognation

Jan 26, 2004
Lebby just needs to learn his lesson, fire the DC, and hire someone who has done that job before. He can get the offense going in time. Having an offensive minded head coach who has never done the HC job before and then also hiring a DC who’s never done that job before was a recipe for what we are seeing now. Mullen knew to hire a proven DC, even if it’s an average or below average one, is fear was needed in his Year 1.
This is the correct answer. We need a competent DC and bring in better OL and things will improve. Just not this year. They’ll have to take their scheduled beatings this season.

I 17ing hate that we’re the new Vandy though.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
He’s a problem. But he’s not THE problem.