We need a good sports discussion. Who is your favorite all-time bulldog?

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
Michael Davis is far and away my all-time favorite Bulldog. Dude was just a beast on the field and a super nice, down to earth guy off it.

If I had to pick a separate basketball player, it would have to be Darryl Wilson.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
"Basketball only because of his ability to buckle down and hit the books over the summer when he needed to** "

I added the asterisks for you because you seem to have forgotten them! What was it, 21 hrs in one summer?
c'mon man! you could tell by his interview prowess that he coulda done 42 hours easy!***

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
My favorite players are the ones who got the most out of their ability. I always feel like Dicenzo Miller was that guy.

Ask me this same question next week - I'm sure I'll pick another person but for today - it's Dicenzo.
I thought you have always been a ringer for the larger guys

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
Jerious Norwood - kid gave it all when the chips were down and never complained. And he was fun to watch.

Reactions: kired

Anon1688673906

Jul 6, 2023
Regardless of sport, who is your all-time favorite athlete to wear the maroon and white?

Little kid me would have said Will Clark. Before the CWS title me would have said Dak. But, that national title team and run is the most fun I’ve ever had as a bulldog fan. While that team had some studs like TA and Rowdy, nothing will ever get me as hyped again as sitting in the dude with 12k+ fans and hearing Still of the Night drop. Landon Sims is and will always be my dude. You can make a case that he is the most dominant bulldog ever in any of the 3 big sports. Sims is my most favorite bulldog of all time.
SMOOOOOOOT!

Mayor of Little London

Dec 26, 2016
JJ Johnson
AD
Timmy B
Landon Sims
Dicenzo Miller
Ashley Cooper
Charles Rhodes
Will the Thrill
Jack Crystal
Fred Smoot
Relf and Fits in the egg bowl

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
For me, the answer lies in this question, What Mississippi State player continues their passion for Mississippi state now as they did when they played? It's Bailey Howell and Jake Mangum.
I would put Boobie, Dak and Smoot on this list too.

Reactions: EarlDawg

prdubya

Nov 29, 2017
I don’t think you guys understand the question.
NAME ONE FUCKlNG PLAYER.
It’s not supposed to be an easy decision. Pussies
No love given for Nick Fitzgerald? Guy left it all out there, demolished my two most hated teams, ole miss and tamu, multiple times each (with no mercy). Was the first QB to beat LSU at home in a generation. He had ole miss literally break his leg and he came back and hung two rushing TDs on them in a 35-3 beatdown the next year. Had they not broken his leg in 2017, we'd be talking about how he was the first MSU QB to dunk on ole miss so hard 3 years in a row.

You gotta go Fitz. Say what you will about his passing ability and struggles in the JoMo "offense" (emphasis on the " " because it was so bad), he was made of steel and loved him some MSU / dunking on ole miss.

Honorable mentions to Jake Mangum, Will Clark, and my guy Winsome Frazier who was just so much fun.

Reactions: EarlDawg

msstatelp1

Aug 21, 2012
I know we're only supposed to pick one but I go back and forth between our own Bulldog Bruce and Johnie Cooks. Guess it's because I was at State when they were and got to see them play numerous times in person.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Football: Chris Relf. Dude did more with less and really laid foundation for change of our program. dude was a beast running the option. Plus he beat ole miss three years in a row. Now many dogs did that.

basketball: have to be Dampier. Final four and was a beast under the goal

baseball: that's tough because of the stronger history. What Bednar did in m CWS is insane. Mangum is hits king and was a strong leader that held that the program up. Clark and Palmero were a part of the group that started the legacy. Refroe and holder were dudes in 13. Moreland will always probably be mine though. Was a bright spot for the program in a low spot. He had a long pro career too. Good dude too.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Norwood

Fitz gets honorable mention. If I could pick other sports, I’d go Varnado for basketball and TA for baseball

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Dak, tanner Allen, rowdy, mangum, bowers, Norwood, paplebon… just to make a few.

I also have to mention Richard Lee too. I started wearing #10 in little league baseball all because of Lee

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
No love given for Nick Fitzgerald? Guy left it all out there, demolished my two most hated teams, ole miss and tamu, multiple times each (with no mercy). Was the first QB to beat LSU at home in a generation. He had ole miss literally break his leg and he came back and hung two rushing TDs on them in a 35-3 beatdown the next year. Had they not broken his leg in 2017, we'd be talking about how he was the first MSU QB to dunk on ole miss so hard 3 years in a row.

You gotta go Fitz. Say what you will about his passing ability and struggles in the JoMo "offense" (emphasis on the " " because it was so bad), he was made of steel and loved him some MSU / dunking on ole miss.

Honorable mentions to Jake Mangum, Will Clark, and my guy Winsome Frazier who was just so much fun.
Don’t forget how hard Relf dunked on them. And three times in a row.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
Johnnie Cooks would be my favorite. Always treated everyone nice and funny as hell even though he didn't speak English back in the day. It was a special Cooks language.

Bulldog from Birth

Jan 23, 2007
Great question. Been thinking all day about it. As a kid, Sleepy Robinson, Daryl Wilson, and Eric DuBose come to mind. As a college student, it was definitely Fred Smoot. Almost the perfect embodiment of late 90’s Jackie Sherrill Bulldog Football. As a graduate, it’s Dak and Jake. Overall, there were two on this list that drew tears from me, so that’s where my mind goes. I shed a couple when Dak fell short in Tuscaloosa in 2014. I was pretty sure that was our year for an SEC Football Championship. And I shed more than a couple after Jake fell short in Omaha in 2019. I was SO sure that was our year after the Auburn comeback that I already had bought tickets for the Finals. That hurt for days. Little did I know in those days in 2019 that the ground he laid would lead us there in 2021. So for me….it’s definitely Jake Mangum.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Starts thread asking for something, gets pissy when people answer

Sounds like you are the puzzy
He said he wanted to start a discussion and then got pissed that we were discussing it. I cannot name just one because I have old-school and new-school players from various sports to discuss. If you can only have one, I'll say Jack Cristil.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login