We need a William Liston

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
honestly, if it takes me helping to buy a championship? I’m out. Being a fan is something I do for fun. It doesn’t define me. I’m not going to take money away from my family to help buy a tight end.

I really do hate where sports are now
At this point we are just trying to buy our way into a bowl game.

Reactions: patdog

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
Another one of these threads? We get it some folks hate and will never give to NIL. Which is their right. Some folks donate. Good for them. Once you start basing your fandom on how much money you do or do not give I am out. For the record, I give and it is the 200 bucks a month kind of giving. I also do not look down on people that can’t and do not want to give to what they see as a corrupt system. I stated all my points in a previous thread, but can we just let this go. Mississippi State is never going to be a huge NIL school, but that also doesn’t mean those who can give shouldn’t.

Also I will say exactly what I did in a previous thread about this. The truth is the money should be coming from the millions and millions (to steal from the Rock) these schools get in tv money and not from the normal everyday fan. Asking the lowest man on the totem pole to pay more is just a hard sell given how much money is being thrown around in college football that does not come from the normal fan.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maroon Eagle

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I'm beginning to miss when you could just be a fan of college football. Television and conference presidents have turned College football into big business. Think back to the days when you first decided to follow Mississippi State football, baseball, and basketball Way back in the 70s you didn't have to give a damn about an NIL. The problem is going to only get worse now that the NIL and pay-for-play have been legalized. It really is the wild wild West.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login