We need to go after Chadwell.

Evilchicken

Mar 25, 2022
Nope. Beaner has an iron clad 4 more years, AS LONG AS he doesn’t have any 2-10, 1-11 type seasons. Tanner will be ok with 5-7’s for a few more years.

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
I'm beginning to think that it doesn't matter who the coach is here . . . other than Spurrier's short run, we've had nothing but mediocrity for 100+ years.
People need to become more familiar with our history. We were on our way with Jim Carlen before he was fired by Holderman because he would not give Holderman free reign over athletic department monies. Joe Morrison had us on the way before he died. Admittingly, I do not know what would have happened due to the steroid situation. But Morrison produced our first nationally ranked teams (2). Holtz produced our next nationally ranked teams (2). But Lou was at the tail end of his career. SOS produced our first Top 10 teams (3). But Steve was at the tail end of his career, too. Hire a young, proven Head Coach who has won at the FBS level, a coach with an offensive background. Do that and I believe you will be pleasantly surprised at the results. Of course, there are never "sure things". But that kind of hire gives you a realistic chance. Right now, we are going to war in the SEC with squirt guns led by a nepo baby hire who excells at only hugging players, patting them on their rear ends and clapping his hands. That is no way to compete in the shark-infested waters of the strongest college football conference in the nation. Look, we have won big in baseball and women's basketball, sports that the SEC has traditionally excelled in. We can do the same in football, with a smart hire.

Cocky704

Jan 23, 2022
I'm beginning to think that it doesn't matter who the coach is here . . . other than Spurrier's short run, we've had nothing but mediocrity for 100+ years.
We make terrible hiring decisions. Kiffin, Heupel, Sarkisian, Dan Lanning were all available when Mischamp was floundering. We hired a failed defensive coach to follow a hall of fame offensive coach and then a Tight Ends coach with sparce experience. What did we expect to get? Stupid is as stupid does.

USCEE82

Feb 17, 2024
NOPE. That bridge was burned by Tanner. He was the perfect hire and Tanner said no, in part due to arrogance of USC influencers who couldnt tolerate someone “who aint got SEC experience”

That decision will haunt us for a long time
Yep. That ship has sailed.

Oct 8, 2022
Chadwell makes $4 million/year. Offer him Beamer's salary and, I guarantee that ship, will sail into Charleston Harbor.
No it wont. I have a couple friends who work/worked for him. Hes always said he wants to stay in the TN/NC/SC/VA mountains area. Dream job Tennessee, second Va Tech. He knows Va Tech will open sooner rather than later. His family loves SC and especially our coasts, so USC was an obviously appealing job. We had our chance to land him and Tanner bombed it. He will wait out Va Tech, or even Tennessee if Heupel falls apart in a couple years. Chadwell is an East Tennessee guy

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
No it wont. I have a couple friends who work/worked for him. Hes always said he wants to stay in the TN/NC/SC/VA mountains area. Dream job Tennessee, second Va Tech. He knows Va Tech will open sooner rather than later. His family loves SC and especially our coasts, so USC was an obviously appealing job. We had our chance to land him and Tanner bombed it. He will wait out Va Tech, or even Tennessee if Heupel falls apart in a couple years. Chadwell is an East Tennessee guy
That's too bad. He then better wait on VT and the ACC because I doubt that Heupel will "fall apart".Regardless, there are other good lower or mid-level FBS Head Coaches who would love the chance to coach in the SEC for $6 million plus annually. We just have to wait out the "hiring authorities" here to admit to themselves they screwed up giving the keys to a nepo baby.

Sweetwatergolf

Jan 20, 2022
People need to become more familiar with our history. We were on our way with Jim Carlen before he was fired by Holderman because he would not give Holderman free reign over athletic department monies. Joe Morrison had us on the way before he died. Admittingly, I do not know what would have happened due to the steroid situation. But Morrison produced our first nationally ranked teams (2). Holtz produced our next nationally ranked teams (2). But Lou was at the tail end of his career. SOS produced our first Top 10 teams (3). But Steve was at the tail end of his career, too. Hire a young, proven Head Coach who has won at the FBS level, a coach with an offensive background. Do that and I believe you will be pleasantly surprised at the results. Of course, there are never "sure things". But that kind of hire gives you a realistic chance. Right now, we are going to war in the SEC with squirt guns led by a nepo baby hire who excells at only hugging players, patting them on their rear ends and clapping his hands. That is no way to compete in the shark-infested waters of the strongest college football conference in the nation. Look, we have won big in baseball and women's basketball, sports that the SEC has traditionally excelled in. We can do the same in football, with a smart hire.
You make good points here. I just can't understand everyone's love for Chadwell. Not saying you want that to be clear.
I wish someone would offer him, let him accept, then we will see.
Some on this board think he's the second coming of Saban.

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
You make good points here. I just can't understand everyone's love for Chadwell. Not saying you want that to be clear.
I wish someone would offer him, let him accept, then we will see.
Some on this board think he's the second coming of Saban.
It does not have to be Chadwell. It can be another young, proven, offensive-minded Head Coach. A proven winner does not guarantee success. But, it improves the odds. The only football coaches who have ever had any decent success over multiple years here were those who previously were successful FBS Head Coaches.... Dietzel, Carlen, Morrison, Holtz and Spurrier. No, they were not successful every season here. But, they made us respectable (conference championship, 8-win seasons in 11-game schedules, national Top 20 finishes and national Top 10 finishes). Why the hiring authorities here did not study our history to see what worked in the past before hiring Beamer and Muschamp, is a head-scratcher.

One other thing: the hiring authorities here often make the mistake of thinking we can hire a recruiting magician to win here. Bell, Woods, Scott, Muschamp and Beamer all were hired with reputations of being strong recruiters. We need to get it through the hiring authorities heads here that this is a tough place to recruit to. We share a relatively small state with national brand Clemson. We are a short drive from traditional powers Georgia, Tennessee and Florida. The ONLY way to win here is if we have a proven winning coach, someone who has shown he can win more with less.

Sweetwatergolf

Jan 20, 2022
It does not have to be Chadwell. It can be another young, proven, offensive-minded Head Coach. A proven winner does not guarantee success. But, it improves the odds. The only football coaches who have ever had any decent success over multiple years here were those who previously were successful FBS Head Coaches.... Dietzel, Carlen, Morrison, Holtz and Spurrier. No, they were not successful every season here. But, they made us respectable (conference championship, 8-win seasons in 11-game schedules, national Top 20 finishes and national Top 10 finishes). Why the hiring authorities here did not study our history to see what worked in the past before hiring Beamer and Muschamp, is a head-scratcher.

One other thing: the hiring authorities here often make the mistake of thinking we can hire a recruiting magician to win here. Bell, Woods, Scott, Muschamp and Beamer all were hired with reputations of being strong recruiters. We need to get it through the hiring authorities heads here that this is a tough place to recruit to. We share a relatively small state with national brand Clemson. We are a short drive from traditional powers Georgia, Tennessee and Florida. The ONLY way to win here is if we have a proven winning coach, someone who has shown he can win more with less.
Concur 100% with your statement.

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login