We needed this loss

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
No college teams can shoot anymore. I watched the Memphis v Ole Miss game awhile back and watched one 6-8 guy miss a 4 foot shot 3 times in a row and he was not getting hit.
It really bothers me when I see the inability to use the backboard for a simple layup or put back right at the goal. I know they can jump higher than the goal, but they don't have to prove it every time to make a basket. If that's the case, just dunk the damn thing.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
No team ever needs a loss
Nick Saban and I disagree. It's good to (a) take the unneeded pressure of 'staying unbeaten' off; and (2) refocus the players when they aren't playing up to standard.

It seems objectively true to me (and Nick) that a meaningless loss can help a team at times in the long run. We've seen it thousands of times. I don't see how this is even debatable.

SLUdog

May 28, 2007
We've played terrible the past three games and almost lost to a pathetic Nicholls team. We needed this come to Jesus game before SEC season.

Those dudes outplayed us. We missed too many close shots, we turned the ball over at critical times, we let Drake get too many offensive rebounds and second chance shots, and our offense looked lost at times. They just had us on our heels all night and we're not used to playing that way.
While I'd prefer to win a close game again, I agree with your assessment of the game. I was there.

3407Dewey

Jun 4, 2014
While I'd prefer to win a close game again, I agree with your assessment of the game. I was there.
I was there too. I don’t care what Drake’s record is or who they’ve played, they played good ball last night. I was especially impressed at their defensive intensity. While I know that we struggle on offense, we got NO easy uncontested shots last night.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login