We should be ranked; Theres not 25 better than us

Oct 8, 2022
Our defense is elite. Special teams are pretty good overall. Offense, inconsistent but at times ok. We are the best 4-3 team in America and there arent 25 teams who would beat us. 15 sure, probably 20. Id put us 21-25 range

Reactions: Rsnell

Blues man

Joined Jul 1, 2009
Jan 22, 2022
Yeah not that I disagree, but UF is a pretty good 3-3 team as well that is also trending upward. In a way I'm glad we're not playing them but on the other hand, probably would be a good game. Be interesting to see how they do against UK tonight. Point is there are some pretty good unranked teams out there. Nice to be among them

Reactions: Rsnell
Oct 8, 2022
Yeah not that I disagree, but UF is a pretty good 3-3 team as well that is also trending upward. In a way I'm glad we're not playing them but on the other hand, probably would be a good game. Be interesting to see how they do against UK tonight. Point is there are some pretty good unranked teams out there. Nice to be among them
True. I just wonder how many 4-3 teams have 2 losses so close to teams like Bama and LSU. We are seriously 2 plays away from being 6-1 and probably ranked top

LonghornsGamecocks

Feb 24, 2024
Yes. Looking at your username, I bet you were wishing we had poured on the points.
For so many reasons.

To clarify, I'm a Gamecock first. 8th generation South Carolina native and 4th generation Gamecock alum. Graduate degree from Texas and 19 year resident of Austin. Guest lecturer at both universities.

I bleed garnet, burnt orange is secondary.

Sleepyhead

Jul 23, 2023
Talent wise yes. I feel like they’re more like top fifteen when they’re playing well. But. Top 25 teams win games and have the record and resume to validate that. A talented team can play well with Bama and LSU, but this team didn’t win those games. Showed today they were able to hold the gas and win.

Maccmaine12

Joined Oct 19, 2020
Jan 31, 2022
Talent wise yes. I feel like they’re more like top fifteen when they’re playing well. But. Top 25 teams win games and have the record and resume to validate that. A talented team can play well with Bama and LSU, but this team didn’t win those games. Showed today they were able to hold the gas and win.
I’m sorry but no top 25 team has played a better schedule than us through 7 games. Ole Miss, LSU, Bama, UK, and OU have been thought to be top 25 teams. Good offenses and defenses. We’re a ref call away from being 4-2.

SkyCock

Joined Oct 2, 2017
Jan 21, 2022
I’m sorry but no top 25 team has played a better schedule than us through 7 games. Ole Miss, LSU, Bama, UK, and OU have been thought to be top 25 teams. Good offenses and defenses. We’re a ref call away from being 4-2.
You mean 5-2!👍

SkyCock

Joined Oct 2, 2017
Jan 21, 2022
You mean 5-2!👍💪

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login