We should be watching Carolina's National Championship celebration for the 3rd time

Jan 21, 2022
I think yes. I actually think it should be the fourth time. We had the best team last year, I thought.
You might be right about last year, but when you have a basketball season finish the regular season and conference championship, just to have the season cancel because of COVID and not come back, then the NCAA should have awarded teams that finished first in the polls as champions. They did it for years under football before starting the BCS series...

I think UNCarolina finished first that year for the men's...

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
You might be right about last year, but when you have a basketball season finish the regular season and conference championship, just to have the season cancel because of COVID and not come back, then the NCAA should have awarded teams that finished first in the polls as champions. They did it for years under football before starting the BCS series...

I think UNCarolina finished first that year for the men's...
I don't think so. Basketball has always had a tournament process and lots of teams have won the championship coming from other than #1. It's terrible the way it turned out, but the process must maintain. It takes away all protestations.

AllinGamecock

Jan 30, 2022
Question on Dawn and the ladies team. My brother said some of his gamecock fan friends were upset that Dawn and the team don't stand for the national anthem. I don't follow them, is this true?

CCUIrmo

Mar 21, 2022
Question on Dawn and the ladies team. My brother said some of his gamecock fan friends were upset that Dawn and the team don't stand for the national anthem. I don't follow them, is this true?
They stood locked arm in arm last night on the sideline in the same manner as UConn so that is crap that needs not be said. Its time to stop listening to people telling things that are not true just to cause issues.

If any issue, it was ashame that Boston was wanting to hug her parents but the security refused to let them come to the floor to see her even though she was asking for them. Its not like an average joe fan trying to trick security. Boston was asking for them. Then when Holly Rowe introduces Final Four MOP she says Aliyah Edwards, who just walked off the court playing for UConn. I know, honest mistake but it does take a little joy out of it when they get the name wrong on national TV in a big moment for you. I think that truly bothered Boston.

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
Political BS (on either side) is not welcomed here, THANKFULLY. There are non-sport forums for that.

Reactions: GamecockWarrior

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
I'm glad for the women and all, but I'd trade it all for a men's tournament appearance. Just me! I'm sure we have fans who don't give a hoot about men's sports.

Whiterockcock69

Joined Sep 12, 2010
Jan 31, 2022
Exactly. Had the refs called that kicked ball on Stanford right there at the end , I have always felt we would have won that game.
The “extra point” try by Lexie. That and the push in the back by Brink. Both plays were huge in terms of impacting the outcome. Don’t know who to be more upset with. The intentionallydirt plays or the cowards who were looking right at the plays and didn’t make the obvious and correct calls.

Uscg1984

Jan 28, 2022
There are several more national championships in Dawn's future . We are VERY lucky to have her.
I hope so. Looks like UConn has another #1 class coming in, so they don't look to be exiting stage left anytime soon.

Jan 21, 2022
Just like any other college football, men's and women's basketball teams, they pretty much stay in the locker room...

Just the game against Louisville, they stayed in the locker room, instead of coming out for the national anthem...
The ladies stood locked arm in arm last night for the national anthem...

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
I think yes. I actually think it should be the fourth time. We had the best team last year, I thought.
No we didn't. We have the exact same roster as last year, except add Cardoso, Hall and Rivers. Boston is leaps and bounds better than she was last year. This team is much better than last year's.

Stanford really missed Williams this year.

Great coaching job by Dawn to have us in that game with a limited bench (we lost Lele before the tournament started)

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
No we didn't. We have the exact same roster as last year, except add Cardoso, Hall and Rivers. Boston is leaps and bounds better than she was last year. This team is much better than last year's.

Stanford really missed Williams this year.

Great coaching job by Dawn to have us in that game with a limited bench (we lost Lele before the tournament started)
OK, we didn't, then.

• Haha
Reactions: GamecockWarrior

AsTheCockCrows

Joined Jan 10, 2019
Jan 28, 2022
YAY. As a red blooded American male Gamecock fan, that is what I always wanted, alas, have lived for - for my beloved Gamecocks to be known as a dynasty - in women's basketball.
Sigh.

Psycock

Joined Jan 20, 2001
Jan 29, 2022
Agree! I have no doubt we would have won in 2020. I believe we were 32-1 but now all is good. So proud of the team and the coaching staff. Fans as well! Great job ladies!!!

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Agree! I have no doubt we would have won in 2020. I believe we were 32-1 but now all is good. So proud of the team and the coaching staff. Fans as well! Great job ladies!!!
"What's wrong can never be made right". - Ronnie Cammareri

Forkcock

Jan 21, 2022
I'm glad for the women and all, but I'd trade it all for a men's tournament appearance. Just me! I'm sure we have fans who don't give a hoot about men's sports.
You'd trade a WBB national championship for a mere MBB appearance in the NCAA?

bayrooster

Jan 21, 2022
I wouldn't have watched Korean pro baseball for 2 months if it wasn't for COVID in 2020 :).

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Absolutley agree. I took it as a "what if" kind of comment.
As was my response. "What if" we had the right coaches in place? In that case, these "I'd rather be good in _____ than _____" would not have occasion to arise.

Reactions: Lurker123
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login