Week 1 - No Better Time to be a Football Fan Forecast NSFW

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
I’ll start with the official forecast from the NWS.

Saturday
A slight chance of showers before noon, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms between noon and 4pm, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 4pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 89. Calm wind becoming southeast around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Saturday Night
A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 72. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Based on their thinking the majority of the day should be dry with a few showers moving in just before kickoff.

While I can’t argue with their timing, I am not so sure I agree with their giving it a 60% chance. It looks like two separate possible rounds of storms that will be spotty in nature. Per the latest Hi Res model, a batch of storms is set to develop around noon and not move very much…maybe a slight drift east. The overnight run had this over the I-55 corridor around Winona, but the morning run had it right over the Golden Triangle area. It will be very hard to nail down an exact spot, but keep in mind there could be some storms around early afternoon. These look to dissipate by mid to late afternoon as a second round tries to develop over the northwest part of the state and push southeast. At this time, they look to have a hard time sustaining themselves and fizzle out before making it into our area. Other pop up storms could develop over the central and southern part of the state, but at this time don’t look to be a threat to game day activities. So to sum up, I would pack a poncho and be prepared for possible off and on storms beginning by lunch time. Not everybody will see rain. Will be a typical summer set up where the campus may not see a drop, but Starkville gets over an inch. I will update again this afternoon when the noon run comes in.

So those are my thoughts. Now on to the hot women. The first two are of meteorologist Yanet Garcia and the other is just some random smoke show from twitter.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
This is going to be a tremendous game week feature. Awesome stuff.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
Afternoon Update....

Very little change except to say during 10:00am to 6:00pm things may be trending towards more widely scattered instead of isolated storms. But still far from a washout. The HRRR is showing campus staying dry but three miles away getting 2" of rain and then another two miles from there being dry. All going to come down to where do the storms form tomorrow and there is just no way of nailing down exact locations.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login