Week 11 - Grilling, Smoking, & Drinking ENTRY Thread

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I did it again. Sorry all, I completely missed last week due to being off the grid in Mountain View, AR. I somehow had this idea that the family and I would drive over Friday night, and once we got there, I'd fire up the cabin WiFi to post a thread. However, that didn't even come close to happening.

Also, before I forget, a special shout out to MeridianDog for going above and beyond week after week by not only posting great submissions, but tossing recipes in there for us too.

Anyway, thanks for carrying on as SixPack always does, and here's where things stand:

LA Tech - Anything goes (Winner - klc90)
NC State - Anything goes (Winner - PBRME)
Memphis - Pulled pork and/or ribs (Winner - mcdawg22)
LSU - Cajun (Winner - MeridianDog)
A&M - Beef (Winner - JoeLee'sSocks)
Bama - Anything goes (Winner - MeridianDog)
Vandy - Anything goes (Winner - mcdawg22)
Kentucky - Chicken/bourbon (Winner - MeridianDog)
Arkansas - Pork (MeridianDog)
Auburn - Seafood (MeridianDog)
TN State - Anything goes
OM - No contest (Thanksgiving)

With this being the last official grilling week of the football season, let's finish strong!

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Inspired by another thread, I just went and picked up an SRF wagyu boneless ribeye.

Kickoff is at 10 am my time, not cooking this beauty that early. I will wait until later in the day and post the update then.

View attachment 23019

View attachment 23020

1 minute each side at 1500° on the Inferno. Then rest for 3-4 minutes to let the proteins caramelize.
View attachment 23043

Back on for another minute each side to lock in that ultimate sear but no burn since all the moisture/juice/flavor is already locked in... Drip pan in the bottom catching any good stuff that gets out and has a blue cheese and shallot compound butter melting in for a little pan sauce at the bottom of the plate.
View attachment 23037

Here's the pan sauce.
View attachment 23039

Rest 8-10 minutes.
View attachment 23040

Check for doneness.
View attachment 23041

Serve on top of the pan sauce with roasted brussel sprouts and carrots. Paired with a Little Book Chapter 4 bourbon.
View attachment 23042

Last edited:

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
For the tailgate tomorrow, I have red beans, sautéed trinity plus a pablano pepper, smoked sausage, andouille and ham hocks stewing in the crockpot to get ready for the rice tomorrow. My buddy will be deep frying a gator he killed and another member of the tailgate is bringing the best tater salad I've ever eaten. I'm almost looking more forward to the feast post-game than I am the game itself.

Aug 3, 2019
Keeping it simple- Sausage balls
Some to eat during the game, the rest going over to a Friendsgiving party.
Turkey sausage, cheddar cheese, jalapenos, and Bisquick.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Delay of game.

Was getting ready to fire up the Inferno and was rudely interrupted by a couple of nymphomaniacs. It looked like they were going to get after right on my back porch until they saw me. They proceeded to start acting a little aggressive towards me and I had to run them off... Twice. Freaking teenagers and there hormones.

View attachment 23033

View attachment 23034

View attachment 23035

Last edited:

MeridianDog

Sep 3, 2008
Had good plans and then my Mom (94 years old) had to go into the hospital in Starkville so we have spent the weekend with her. Did buy a half pound of Little Dooey's pulled pork and eat it out of the to go tray with a fork. last night, washed down with a diet Dr. Pepper.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login