Weekend pitching rotation....

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
The tried and true formula in the SEC is to pitch your ace on Friday, next best on Sat and then next best on Sunday with it often devolving into a bullpen battle. We seemed to be following that formula until Sims went down. Now we are saving our best starter statistically for Sunday and our worst statistically going on Saturday. I can see Johnson on Friday just based on his experience but I really don't get going with Stinnett on Sat instead of Smith. Seems like a guy like Stinnett who has good stuff but struggles with control would be a better fit on Sunday but then what do I know. Is Stinnett perhaps a placeholder until Hunt comes back? With that said, is Hunt coming back? Any other thoughts?

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
The tried and true formula in the SEC is to pitch your ace on Friday, next best on Sat and then next best on Sunday with it often devolving into a bullpen battle. We seemed to be following that formula until Sims went down. Now we are saving our best starter statistically for Sunday and our worst statistically going on Saturday. I can see Johnson on Friday just based on his experience but I really don't get going with Stinnett on Sat instead of Smith. Seems like a guy like Stinnett who has good stuff but struggles with control would be a better fit on Sunday but then what do I know. Is Stinnett perhaps a placeholder until Hunt comes back? With that said, is Hunt coming back? Any other thoughts?

Hopefully Hunt comes back....but we're going to need Stinnett to step up regardless. I have no problems running him out there in a pressure spot and seeing if he can figure it out.

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008

Yep, our best chance to win more series in the SEC would likely have us pitching backwards by throwing out Stinnett against the other team's ace and then going Johnson and Smith on Saturday and Sunday.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
I think the only argument for Stinnett on Saturday is a fresher bullpen than Sunday. No one has said that but it makes some sense

Most every staff has a Stinnett so they could all try to pitch backwards.

Last edited by a moderator:

basedawg

Aug 22, 2012
If and when we get into the regionals, u will see a different starting rotation. Also I'm all in keep Cade in for now as our Sunday starter, only probably I see is a rainout for the Sunday game. I'm thinking if forecast for bad weather then him moving up a day.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login