Is it True?

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Was Sark going to be our new head coach after Moorhead, but the douchebag Keenum said no because of Sark's previous drinking problems?

1000015419.png

"Football Scoop writes" doesn't inspire a lot of confidence, but if it's true Sark was on board and Keenum vetoed it then 17 that piece of shìt.

The embarrassment of our academics and athletic mettling is too much. It's time for that shiny faced tool to resign. Or be told to..

Reactions: LimaoCabeca

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Was Sark going to be our new head coach after Moorhead, but the douchebag Keenum said no because of Sark's previous drinking problems?

View attachment 668988

"Football Scoop writes" doesn't inspire a lot of confidence, but if it's true Sark was on board and Keenum vetoed it then 17 that piece of shìt.

The embarrassment of our academics and athletic mettling is too much. It's time for that shiny faced tool to resign. Or be told to..
We already have a baseball coach with an eating problem, why add to it?

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Keenum meddles too much in the football program. He is the reason we didn’t fire Moorhead after the Egg Bowl when Cohen wanted to. He’s also the reason we made Arnett permanent head coach after Leach died. Two horrible decisions made by a man who shouldn’t be making athletic department decisions.

BirdPuppy

Aug 5, 2023
Keenum meddles too much in the football program. He is the reason we didn’t fire Moorhead after the Egg Bowl when Cohen wanted to. He’s also the reason we made Arnett permanent head coach after Leach died. Two horrible decisions made by a man who shouldn’t be making athletic department decisions.
I agree with you; however, he was responsible for Rick Ray getting fired, and for that, I’m thankful. Stricklin fully intended to give him another year.

Curby

Aug 23, 2012
Yeah, I was about to say Lebby is a Lardass on a 4-game Losing streak

Lemonis has dropped some pounds

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022

View attachment 668988

I don’t see y’all’s fascination with Sark. He’s ok but nothing special.

Reactions: Perd Hapley

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
You won’t find someone who is less of a fan of Mark Keenum than me. That being said, it takes quite a bit of revisionist history to assert that Sark was a more desirable candidate than Mike Leach in January of 2020, especially for a program like MSU. And it takes even more revisionist history than that to assume that Sark would have anywhere close to the level of success at MSU as he has had at Texas.

I also just don’t think he had much interest, because he knew he’d have bigger opportunities in the near future, and he couldn’t afford to gamble away his one shot at redemption at a disadvantaged program. Similar situation to Ryan Day, who turned down the MSU job when he was just a position coach at Ohio State. Urban, in turn, promoted him to co-OC, and he got the big job there less than a year later.

Reactions: Dawgg

Fighting Irish.sixpack

Oct 26, 2012

View attachment 668988

100% true

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Sark would have been gone by the end of the 2021 season. He would have either taken a bigger job or would have flamed out in a blaze of glory.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
You won’t find someone who is less of a fan of Mark Keenum than me. That being said, it takes quite a bit of revisionist history to assert that Sark was a more desirable candidate than Mike Leach in January of 2020, especially for a program like MSU.

Obviously he was... 12 months later he was offered the biggest college football job in America. One that after more than a decade of medicority in a pushover conference, he has since rebuilt into the top program in the SEC and possibly country in 3 seasons. I don't think it's revisionist history to say that snagging a great one on the rebound while you could get him would have been smart.

Hate to be Captain Obvious, but Mississippi State is only going to get a top 10 coach on the comeuppance. By many accounts we could have had him. Not sure how long he would have stayed or if it would have worked out at all, but if the president of the University can't keep his 17ing shiny nose out of athletics and let his AD run stuff, he needs to pound sand.

fedxdog

Dec 7, 2008
I just asked a connected donor who said it was Cohen’s call…so Keenum haters can try something else.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login