Well, this is what we have with Leach. It's time to either go or get off the pot with him.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
In fairness, finishing #15 in 2010 should qualify as a great season.
Get your point, and certainly consider that a good season, but 2014 rose above that (and that type of 10 win season is what these clowns are comparing 2022 against).

And not only that, we should let this season play out before we declare that it's not a similar season to 2010. Before Kentucky we were top 10 in FEI and F+ power rankings.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Guess you forget 2010. That was year two. 9 wins 8 in regular season. That's a great season for state especially after the rebuild we had to do. Will Leach get to 8-4 or 9-3 in year 3 technically year 2 for him. Going to have to beat both auburn and ole miss and not m **** the bed anymore or have a monster upset against Alabama or Georgia. He gets to 9-4 this year I'll shut up.

Walkthedawg

Oct 3, 2022
How in the world have you forgotten about Dak Prescott's greatest moment as a Bulldog?

I mean, am I just an oddball for having the 2013 Egg Bowl as literally my #1 favorite/unforgettable game I've ever attended?
I meant as a starter. He didn’t start the 2013 egg bowl.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
In fairness, finishing #15 in 2010 should qualify as a great season.
Not to mention we didn't **** the bed except to a really good lsu team on the road. We lost in double over time to Arkansas that year when Ballard fumbled out the endzone and auburn by 3 the eventual champs and bama. That team was very close to being a 10 win regular season team. We didn't lose any games we were favored to win where we just got whipped.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Thank goodness Mullens never lost a game we were supposed to win.

This is truly a first.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Your hero Mullen didn't have a great season until Year 6. We've been over this countless times but you are willfully ignorant. It didn't "look likely" that he'd have that 9/10-win regular season either, until he was allowed time to build up to it.

There is hard evidence from Texas Tech and Washington State that Leach will get there. You are simply wrong with your assumptions right now.
This is just a complete **** post.

Mullen had us one win away from bowl eligibility in year one and we won nine games in year two with Chris Freaking Relf at QB. He won 8 games in his 4th season.

And Leach historically had his turnarounds by year three in those other stops.

Swings and misses here. Take a few plays off.

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
What are ya'll arguing? That we should have won the game even with our C+ effort? Or that we should never have a C+ effort?
C+ effort?

Don't you mean a C+ performance (or, execution)?

A football team's performance/execution depends upon many variables that cannot be completely controlled, whereas effort depends only upon a player's motivation/determination and is completely controllable by each individual football player.

Thus, a player's effort (or, collectively, a team's effort) should always be A+, because it's the one thing in a football game he CAN control.

Concerning performance/execution, isn't every play in a football game essentially one-on-one matchups between individual players on each team? During each play, an individual player either makes the play or gets the play made on him.

To win a football game, each of our individual football players have to beat the guy in front of him on each play (or, most plays).

Winners make plays. Losers don't.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Thank goodness Mullens never lost a game we were supposed to win.

This is truly a first.
Go back and look how many games we were favored in or opponents that weren't ranked higher than us that we lost to by more than a touch down and going through all the seasons there are very few games in the 9 years that were games we should have won that we lost. South Alabama being the most notable in 16 when Mullen couldn't make up his mind on qb. Rarely did we lose those games when we had a veteran qb. Northwestern gator bowl being one. Egg bowl rivalries we lost. Rarely did we lose by 2 touchdowns if we were favored. 2014 egg bowl and orange bowl I blame on collins leaving. Our defense lost those games. 2015 egg bowl was a bad game but ole miss was also sugar bowl team. We also came back snd blew the doors off of NC State. 2016 was a rebuilding year and we weren't expected to beat a lot of people.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
He did come off the bench, despite being injured, and finish the game with a W. That's clear a win by Dak over Ole Miss.

Its also worth noting that the 2013 Egg Bowl was without question the greatest defensive performance of the Mullen era. Defense going against a good SEC offense allowed 3 points total in all 4 quarters and overtime, and forced 4 turnovers including one to win the game.

Had we not gotten a punt blocked in our own end zone right before halftime, there is a good chance that we win a 7-3 Egg Bowl with our 3rd string QB and Dak never seeing the field.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Except he didn’t prevent them

The South Alabama game at home in 16
He never beat UM with Dak
Northwestern in the Gator Bowl
The we believe and then those 3 in 2012
The Orange bowl loss to a purely one dimensional GT.
BYU in 16
UM loss in 17.
The South Alabama is really the only wtf loss there. Maybe BYU, but '16 was mainly about us figuring out our identity after Dak. I don't think BYU was so bad that we should obviously be able to handle them on the road early in a down year.

You list four games from 2012. We just weren't that good that year. We did **** the bed against Northwestern, but it's not like they were garbage. And it wasn't even really that we got out coached. Tyler Russel just had a ****** game for the most part. It happens to every QB.

We lost the Orange Bowl because we didn't have a DC. That Georgia Tech team also won 10 games in the regular season. Even against an ACC schedule, that's not nothing (and they beat a 9-3 UGA).

UM was a rivalry game where our QB got hurt. Still should have won, but not exactly a crazy loss.

Now in fairness, neither of Leach's losses this year are wtf losses. LSU is more talented than us and UK is similarly talented. It's just disappointing we looked so ****** in them. Not sure if that's leach or if this team is just one of those teams that is going to fold on the road.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Ya'll understand Jackie did the exact same thing, as far as dropping some games he shouldn't? Every...single...year.

Yes, some of it is Leach but no matter who the coach is, the only way to prevent it is to elevate the talent. So, the question is, what's the best way to do that? Is it Leach or somebody else? At this point, 2.5 years in, I say ride Leach until retirement, because we know we won't suck. And I don't see any other innovative coach out there that's worth firing Leach to get.
Yes, hut they wanted Jackie fired after a year too.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login