Well this just got worse.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
The regional draw is ok.

However the potential Super regional draw v Arkansas is BS.

patdog

May 28, 2007
St. John's might be pretty tough.

Beat Florida in Gainesville. Winning record in Quad 1 games. Winning record away from home.
Yeah. They’re a team that could definitely put us in the losers bracket early. We should win. But it won’t be an easy game.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
We were good enough to sweep the pigs, and I guess the NCAA factored that in for ratings. There’s no way we deserved this low of a 2 seed, but then one we really did deserve would’ve been opposite the Knoxville super. We are plenty good enough to beat both of these teams if our “best” hitters show up.

patdog

May 28, 2007
We were good enough to sweep the pigs, and I guess the NCAA factored that in for ratings. There’s no way we deserved this low of a 2 seed, but then one we really did deserve would’ve been opposite the Knoxville super. We are plenty good enough to beat both of these teams if our “best” hitters show up.
I think we deserved to host. But no, we’re not good enough to sweep Arkansas. If we were, we would have. But we weren’t. We’re not as good as a lot of our fans think we are.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
I think we deserved to host. But no, we’re not good enough to sweep Arkansas. If we were, we would have. But we weren’t. We’re not as good as a lot of our fans think we are.
Not sure what you weren’t seeing when we played them, but we blew that series. I know you hate Lem, though….

Reactions: Anon1697564126

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
I saw us lose two games. If we were good enough to sweep, we wouldn’t have lost two games. It’s pretty simple.
Same with Florida, Old Miss and LSU? If all it takes is you seeing something, I guess we weren’t good enough to sweep those series?

This team has 17’d around and done everything they could to make sure a bunch of dumb asses in Naptown decide our fate for us. We are a 17ing good team game to game, even with critical pieces not showing up. I know Lem has to ultimately answer for that, but he also has to be a head coach and let his assistant coaches do their jobs, successfully or not…. Then evaluate after their job status after the season.

Reactions: ThreeDawgNight

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Same with Florida, Old Miss and LSU? If all it takes is you seeing something, I guess we weren’t good enough to sweep those series?

This team has 17’d around and done everything they could to make sure a bunch of dumb asses in Naptown decide our fate for us. We are a 17ing good team game to game, even with critical pieces not showing up. I know Lem has to ultimately answer for that, but he also has to be a head coach and let his assistant coaches do their jobs, successfully or not…. Then evaluate after their job status after the season.
We’ll have a chance to show how good of a team we are moving forward. We played an awful non conference schedule and got a fortunate sec schedule.

we are a good team when 2 guys pitch. We haven’t shown to be anything more than average when they don’t… and before we jump on the auger train.. ole Miss plain stinks.

patdog

May 28, 2007

Nope. Not good enough to sweep any of those. Give the other teams some credit. They don’t suck.

patdog

May 28, 2007
We’ll have a chance to show how good of a team we are moving forward. We played an awful non conference schedule and got a fortunate sec schedule.

we are a good team when 2 guys pitch. We haven’t shown to be anything more than average when they don’t… and before we jump on the auger train.. ole Miss plain stinks.
The one thing we have going for us is a 1st round draft pick potentially pitching in the winners bracket game. It won’t be an easy regional, but I know Virginia didn’t want this draw.

Reactions: ThreeDawgNight

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
The one thing we have going for us is a 1st round draft pick potentially pitching in the winners bracket game. It won’t be an easy regional, but I know Virginia didn’t want this draw.
Yeah but what were the Virginia alternative?

couldnt have gotten wake or duke

South Carolina, lsu, vAndy all crazy hot.… wanna play dallas Baptist or Indiana state?

there are a few lesser 2 seeds, but any of those teams listed above aren’t really teams anyone wants to play. Is what it is this time of year.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I saw us lose two games. If we were good enough to sweep, we wouldn’t have lost two games. It’s pretty simple.
That’s a pretty obtuse view point. Sports are variable, in games that close, luck can play a factor.

We are absolutely good enough to take 2 from Arkansas in Fayetteville. Will we? Maybe, maybe not. But to say we can’t is ridiculous.

Tall Dawg

Apr 11, 2016
Ok, y’all help me out with something here.
If we were “supposedly” 1 of like the last 5 teams who didn’t get to host, why are we in a #12 seeded bracket at UV?

If they “seeded” the #2 seeds “for each of the 16 brackets” in order of their overall final rankings, should we have not been a #2 seed in say the 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th overall seeded bracket??

I’m fine with going to UV and then ARK. However, it appears we should’ve been a much higher seeded #2, much higher than in the #12 overall bracket, if that makes sense.

I’m probably totally missing something on how the teams are seeded. So, someone please explain how the seedings of #2 teams work.

IF Jordan and Hines come out of their crazy slumps and our pitching continues to do well we can make it to Omaha regardless of who we play.

patdog

May 28, 2007
If we were “supposedly” 1 of like the last 5 teams who didn’t get to host, why are we in a #12 seeded bracket at UV?

If they “seeded” the #2 seeds “for each of the 16 brackets” in order of their overall final rankings, should we have not been a #2 seed in say the 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th overall seeded bracket??

I’m fine with going to UV and then ARK. However, it appears we should’ve been a much higher seeded #2, much higher than in the #12 overall bracket, if that makes sense.

I’m probably totally missing something on how the teams are seeded. So, someone please explain how the seedings of #2 teams work.

IF Jordan and Hines come out of their crazy slumps and our pitching continues to do well we can make it to Omaha regardless of who we play.
I think combination of geography, having to fit 19 SEC and ACC teams in regions where they don’t play anyone in their conference, and we weren’t as close to hosting as we thought.

Reactions: Maroon13
Nov 20, 2023
Seems like one week we look like we can beat anyone but then like in the sec tournament some of our best hitters disappeared for the most part. Especially two. Hopefully they get it going. What was our last recruiting class ranked does anyone know? Simply curious because Kids should definitely want to come to play for State I feel like. In the best Stadium, Facilities, and Huge Crowds. Great baseball fans for the most part in Dudy Noble. I sure love it there

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I like our placement and believe we can make it to the CWS this year. Pitching is king when you get in the tournament and I think the puzzle pieces are in place for us to be successful. DJ and HH will be back this week. They needed some time away from baseball. The campaign for baseball dominance begins this week.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008

If I understand you correctly, I think you're kinda missing something on the seeding.

We're the #2 seed in the overall #12 seed's regional. If everything laid out perfectly seeding wise, that makes us the #21 national seed (although that isn't announced that way). Basically, the 5th ranked #2 seed.

Clear as mud??

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008

Is it average to play the #1 national seed to a closely contested 1 run game at a neutral site with your 4th best starter.

I say no, opinions will differ.

Reactions: Darryl Steight
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login