Welp, it's been a great 3 years.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
....ever since the election, COVID, riots, masks, etc. died down around spring 2021, we seemed to get normal again for a while. People got back into their jobs, hobbies, etc. Social media was even about food and one-upping each other yet again.

And then, with one fell swoop - we are back to chaos, and news/media becoming unreadable. I cannot believe some of these people live among us, and the hatred we are now seeing again. What some of you believe scares me. Cheers to the future of this country.

I just wish we had college football to distract us, but we've ruined that too.

Last edited:

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Nah, this stuff ain’t normal. Didn’t go down like this with Bush vs Clinton

Or maybe we just didn’t have social media to expose of the dipshittery
It's happened before. Ever heard of 1968? Teddy Roosevelt?

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I clicked thinking you were announcing your departure from The Pack
Jimmy Fallon Wow GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Living in the present day US is an enormous privelege. Be glad you didn't suffer through Mao's reign or Stalin's Russia or Nebuchadnezzar's Israel. This is a Sunday picnic compared to numerous historical eras throughout history.
No doubt. Things can always get better but we've lived in an era of prosperity and luxury in this country relative to historical global standards for many decades - top down. We are blessed to live here and now. Americans by and large have taken that for granted.

My theory is we've gotten so comfortable and privileged here that we've resorted to creating persecution stories / irrational fears out of boredom. All classes. Like some kind of human desire to manufacture drama to feel alive. We are creating fictitious enemies out of next door neighbors and bringing ourselves down for no good reason at all from within. It's very sad.

Again- there are things that need fixing and we should discuss and agree/disagree on what to fix and how to fix it. The dramatics must stop or we will go down in the history books as the prosperous nation that dismantled itself because of the bogie man.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
No doubt. Things can always get better but we've lived in an era of prosperity and luxury in this country relative to historical global standards for many decades - top down. We are blessed to live here and now. Americans by and large have taken that for granted.

My theory is we've gotten so comfortable and privileged here that we've resorted to creating persecution stories / irrational fears out of boredom. All classes. Like some kind of human desire drama to feel alive. We are creating fictitious enemies out of next door neighbors and bringing ourselves down for no good reason at all from within. It's very sad.

Again- there are things that need fixing and we should discuss and agree/disagree on what to fix and how to fix it. The dramatics must stop or we will go down in the history books as the prosperous nation that dismantled itself because of the bogie man.
Yes we are rich compared to Somalia but living standards in the US are collapsing. It’s not where the country is now, it’s about where it’s heading. There is an instability right now in the culture, political system and discourse that is not healthy.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Politics are permeating every aspect of kids lives. From media, social media, to The Scouts, to school teachers, and parents who just ignore it. We're doing a great job at division and anger. This shooter was only 20. Hell, I wasn't paying much attention to politics at 20 and we were in a "war". Both sides of the isle need to look in the mirror. Social media needs to be hammered by regulation and parents need to get kids to talking face to face in social settings without a damn phone. Let kids be kids again!
But we'll just get a divisive, angry reaction out it.

Last edited:

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Yes we are rich compared to Somalia but living standards in the US are collapsing. It’s not where the country is now, it’s about where it’s heading. There is an instability right now in the culture, political system and discourse that is not healthy.
But just 4-5 years ago I was told we had the strongest economy the world has ever seen. If that was true (no comment if true or not) and we regressed that quickly to where you describe it to be now (no comment if true or not), we can quickly revert back.

That sort of wild swing sounds like nonsense. It's more likely people are just feeding you fear- based rhetoric to scare you for their own gain. Don't fall into that trap. The opportunity for a helluva life was, is, and will be here as long as we don't force the error upon ourselves. Give me leaders that drive home that message instead of this "it's going all the hell if the other guy wins" schtick that our lovely political parties rely on to keep their jobs

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
I did see someone tweet that it took Biden so long to reply because he had an early copy of College Football 25. Made me chuckle.

• Haha
Reactions: WilCoDawg

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Collapsing? LOL.

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
I think it's time people started facing historical facts that all great empires fell and start analyzing why they crumbled. Most times it's been gradual. Complacency, apathy and forgetting what made them great seems to be common traits. Free Market American Capitalism with a huge help from fossil fuels improved the human condition on a global scale previous historians never dreamed of yet both are being attaxked now more than ever.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
....ever since the election, COVID, riots, masks, etc. died down around spring 2021, we seemed to get normal again for a while. People got back into their jobs, hobbies, etc. Social media was even about food and one-upping each other yet again.

And then, with you fell swoop - we are back to chaos, and news/media becoming unreadable. I cannot believe some of these people live among us, and the hatred we are now seeing again. What some of you believe scares me. Cheers to the future of this country.

1720978340016.jpeg

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
A lot of this is contrived by our rulers. The news/social media makes it out like we're at each other's throats. In my day-to-day life, it work with, interact with and live around folks of many different races and demographic groups. I have yet to run into anyone rude or hateful, in fact most are cheerful. Most of the restaurants and retail stores in central MS are full and very peaceful.

Our overloads want to pit us against each other, they want us divided. It's easier to control a divided population than a united population.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Go look back at the mid slinging in the 1700s and 1800s. Candidates or people close to them would pay “journalists” to make up stories about their opponents. The presidential race in 1800 between Adams and Jefferson is regarded as one of the dirtiest in history.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
You might should check the Covid death rates over that time period. Things didn't get better, people just shoved their heads back in the sand. Human nature. They'll do it again, rest assured.
And then, with you fell swoop - we are back to chaos, and news/media becoming unreadable. I cannot believe some of these people live among us, and the hatred we are now seeing again. What some of you believe scares me. Cheers to the future of this country.

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
Politics are permeating every aspect of kids lives. From media, social media, to The Scouts, to school teachers, and parents who just ignore it. We're doing a great job at division and anger. This shooter was only 20. Hell, I wasn't paying much attention to politics at 20 and we were in a "war". Both sides of the isle need to look in the mirror. Social media needs to be hammered by regulation and parents need to get kids to talking face to face in social settings without a damn phone. Let kids be kids again!
But we'll just get a divisive, angry reaction out it.
I agree with the dangers of social media, at the same time I get my news from it because it isn’t as whitewashed as MSM.

There must be a balance reached, and that balance must be found by each individual. Censoring SM isn’t the answer, but basing your knowledge from MSM makes people idiotic sheep.

Reactions: 85Bears

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Nah, this stuff ain’t normal. Didn’t go down like this with Bush vs Clinton

Or maybe we just didn’t have social media to expose of the dipshittery
Or maybe one (or both!) of the candidates is a contributing factor?

Our political system is broken, and the consequences will keep getting worse.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
This shooter was only 20. Hell, I wasn't paying much attention to politics at 20 and we were in a "war".
Hell at that age I was carrying a weapon in a foreign land and I still wasn't paying attention of politics. Poon tang yes, politics no.

I'm almost 60 and don't pay attention to politics. I hate we have so many folks who make politics their identity. The 24 hours news cycle kicked it into high gear, social media kicked it in overdrive.

Reactions: The Cooterpoot

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
God is in control. Is my comfort.

But here in the USA..... could you imagine if social media and an endless news cycle was around in the 60s?

JFK, Vietnam, sexual revolution, music changed, civil rights riots, MLK, RFK and Vietnam raging on. I imagine they thought the ends times were upon them.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
In referance to something yesterday, the shooter wasa registered Republican.

Well, since those were two sperate questions .............
People can blame social media or the mainstream media or the democrats or some combination of those for ruining our country, but the real downfall of our country has been the ******** that don’t understand sarcasterisks.**

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
American politics is a pendulum swinging and it gets pulled back further and further until it swings back and starts acting like a wrecking ball.
Not really. A pendulum swings freely and is equally balanced to both sides. That has never been the case in America. It's more like a pendulum where a stop was put in to keep things from moving more left than just past center. And that screwed the whole thing up, and it's just bouncing more and more out of control until the whole thing breaks. Without leftward balance, the right swung further right out of control.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022

Bill Mahr had a good take last night.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022

Honest question: Have Democrats compiled a video of elected Republicans/media personalities using similar rhetoric? If so, I haven’t seen it. I’d like to see it if it exists. Anyone using this kind of rhetoric should be called out.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Not really. A pendulum swings freely and is equally balanced to both sides. That has never been the case in America. It's more like a pendulum where a stop was put in to keep things from moving more left than just past center. And that screwed the whole thing up, and it's just bouncing more and more out of control until the whole thing breaks. Without leftward balance, the right swung further right out of control.
Yeah that’s it. Seriously dude shut the 17 up.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
1720981386037.gif
Both sides need to stop referring to each other as the ultimate evil that’s trying to destroy America. It’s time to stop making other Americans the enemy. We are all Americans for God sake. We are allowed to have different opinions. That’s actually what makes America great there are bad people worldwide, who love the fact that we are tearing ourselves apart from the inside.

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
A lot of this is contrived by our rulers. The news/social media makes it out like we're at each other's throats. In my day-to-day life, it work with, interact with and live around folks of many different races and demographic groups. I have yet to run into anyone rude or hateful, in fact most are cheerful. Most of the restaurants and retail stores in central MS are full and very peaceful.

Our overloads want to pit us against each other, they want us divided. It's easier to control a divided population than a united population.
Good Post.
God's main desire is for us to try and show the same love for our fellow man as he loves us. He instilled a moral compass in us all and wants us to use it. He created us with different cultures, races and different opinions yet with this huge beautiful world we STILL don't wanna share it peacefully. There are other aspects but I think Love is the most important. I don't see how anybody can trash Christian Concepts after reading 1st Corinthians Chapter 13.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login