Welp, it's been a great 3 years.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Hell at that age I was carrying a weapon in a foreign land and I still wasn't paying attention of politics. Poon tang yes, politics no.

I'm almost 60 and don't pay attention to politics. I hate we have so many folks who make politics their identity. The 24 hours news cycle kicked it into high gear, social media kicked it in overdrive.

View attachment 610058
Both sides need to stop referring to each other as the ultimate evil that’s trying to destroy America. It’s time to stop making other Americans the enemy. We are all Americans for God sake. We are allowed to have different opinions. That’s actually what makes America great there are bad people worldwide, who love the fact that we are tearing ourselves apart from the inside.
I can’t remember if it was here or somewhere else, but someone pointed out
Only a Sith Deals in Absolutes is itself an absolute. Was Obi Wan a Sith this whole time.

Pars

Oct 11, 2015
“It’s just horrible, so surprising to see it here. But have to get over it, we have to move forward,”

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
I agree with the dangers of social media, at the same time I get my news from it because it isn’t as whitewashed as MSM.

There must be a balance reached, and that balance must be found by each individual. Censoring SM isn’t the answer, but basing your knowledge from MSM makes people idiotic sheep.
75F6213A-C09F-4D43-A666-182CF4A8342F.jpeg
MSM as your primary information source ?

Reactions: T-TownDawgg

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Hell at that age I was carrying a weapon in a foreign land and I still wasn't paying attention of politics. Poon tang yes, politics no.

I'm almost 60 and don't pay attention to politics. I hate we have so many folks who make politics their identity. The 24 hours news cycle kicked it into high gear, social media kicked it in overdrive.
First, appreciate your service, sir.

2nd, definitely agree with the identity part. Politics should be policy based. Crazy right? Nope. But it's ever further than that now. Most people are generally dissatisfied with Congress and other elected leaders. I don't think most of us generally don't like any of them. I think we just identify the side that repulses us more and say "well I'm not having any of that" and slap ourselves the label of the other party and feel better that we aren't supporting the ungodly left or nazi right.

I'll own it. I voted 100% republican until Trump. I couldn't and still can't stand the man or the politicians that have turned themselves into human pretzels to explain the guy. That made me want to support the other guys simply bc they were the opposition. Found some things I agreed with in the process and some things that blow my mind. Now I just feel homeless politically and wish we could all just call good things good, bad things bad, and stick to arguing on how to make good things better and bad things go away. You can do that without making it a matter of eternity, life/death, and labeling those you disagree with as evil.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
Right there with you. You have to follow the company line 100% or you hate America or are obviously an evil Lib Or MAGA. I am legitimately a moderate. The thing about moderates is we don’t scream our opinions, so we don’t get much news coverage. Both sides are right about some things. Both sides are wrong about some things. My opinion changes frequently about what those things are as the situations change. Liberals are supposed to be the dreamers. Conservatives are supposed to be the responsible ones. They are supposed to work together to make this country work. Instead they are trying to kill each other and seem to be enjoying every minute of it. I hate everything about it.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Right there with you. You have to follow the company line 100% or you hate America or are obviously an evil Lib Or MAGA. I am legitimately a moderate. The thing about moderates is we don’t scream our opinions, so we don’t get much news coverage. Both sides are right about some things. Both sides are wrong about some things. My opinion changes frequently about what those things are as the situations change. Liberals are supposed to be the dreamers. Conservatives are supposed to be the responsible ones. They are supposed to work together to make this country work. Instead they are trying to kill each other and seem to be enjoying every minute of it. I hate everything about it.
Whenever I take those political tests I get labeled a centrist. I usually voted 75/25 Republican In the past just because I identified with their views a bit more. Now I don’t really have a party. If you aren’t lockstep with Trump then you’re just basically a liberal in their mind which is dumb and makes it more difficult to be electable on a national stage. The loons in both parties have a lot of pull now where in years past they were kind of sideshow that would pop up every once in a while. Now they’re the show runners and that’s dangerous.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Whenever I take those political tests I get labeled a centrist. I usually voted 75/25 Republican In the past just because I identified with their views a bit more. Now I don’t really have a party. If you aren’t lockstep with Trump then you’re just basically a liberal in their mind which is dumb and makes it more difficult to be electable on a national stage. The loons in both parties have a lot of pull now where in years past they were kind of sideshow that would pop up every once in a while. Now they’re the show runners and that’s dangerous.
We need another party for the moderates. We’ll be the only adults in the room.

Reactions: HailStout

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Been getting a good laugh out of all of the talking heads calling for the need to tone down the rhetoric ..... with a straight face. Keep thinking, great idea, why don't you start things off and stick to it.
They won't. It's how they are programmed to run campaigns. They don't have actual ideas to share aside from "Dey took our jerbs!" Or "you're racist!" Yet we reward them with multiple terms. Sigh.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022

Honest question: Have Democrats compiled a video of elected Republicans/media personalities using similar rhetoric? If so, I haven’t seen it. I’d like to see it if it exists. Anyone using this kind of rhetoric should be called out.

If you even have to ask that, you should reconsider some things. That's like asking if Biden has ever made a verbal gaffe.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
They won't. It's how they are programmed to run campaigns. They don't have actual ideas to share aside from "Dey took our jerbs!" Or "you're racist!" Yet we reward them with multiple terms. Sigh.
It makes them too much money not to use that rhetoric.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
If you even have to ask that, you should reconsider some things. That's like asking if Biden has ever made a verbal gaffe.
Video?

Again, I’m not saying it doesn’t exist. If it does, I want to see it.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Good stuff, but maybe ditch the bolded part. That's more personal preference on your part than reality.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Living in the present day US is an enormous privelege. Be glad you didn't suffer through Mao's reign or Stalin's Russia or Nebuchadnezzar's Israel. This is a Sunday picnic compared to numerous historical eras throughout history.
Or Carter…

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007

Honest question: Have Democrats compiled a video of elected Republicans/media personalities using similar rhetoric? If so, I haven’t seen it. I’d like to see it if it exists. Anyone using this kind of rhetoric should be called out.

It's reprehensible. I hope you also call out the rhetoric on the other side as well. Please and thank you.

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
No doubt. Things can always get better but we've lived in an era of prosperity and luxury in this country relative to historical global standards for many decades - top down. We are blessed to live here and now. Americans by and large have taken that for granted.

My theory is we've gotten so comfortable and privileged here that we've resorted to creating persecution stories / irrational fears out of boredom. All classes. Like some kind of human desire to manufacture drama to feel alive. We are creating fictitious enemies out of next door neighbors and bringing ourselves down for no good reason at all from within. It's very sad.

Again- there are things that need fixing and we should discuss and agree/disagree on what to fix and how to fix it. The dramatics must stop or we will go down in the history books as the prosperous nation that dismantled itself because of the bogie man.
Charlie Munger’s take was that an elaborate political and media system was our less violent surrogate for warfare, but that’s humans wanted to fight

Reactions: ckDOG

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
No doubt but was more referring to the "news anchors" and commentators (now arguably also part of the campaigns). "Everybody hates" negative campaigning but as they say, they do it because it works. Up there with all of the shouting ESPN/FS1 shows that "nobody watches".
Sigh indeed to just about all of it.

Reactions: ckDOG and Boom Boom

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
It's reprehensible. I hope you also call out the rhetoric on the other side as well. Please and thank you.
I’d like to see video of elected Republicans or Fox News personalities using the same rhetoric.

For the third time: Not saying it doesn’t exist. I just want to see the video.

• Haha

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
First, appreciate your service, sir.

2nd, definitely agree with the identity part. Politics should be policy based. Crazy right? Nope. But it's ever further than that now. Most people are generally dissatisfied with Congress and other elected leaders. I don't think most of us generally don't like any of them. I think we just identify the side that repulses us more and say "well I'm not having any of that" and slap ourselves the label of the other party and feel better that we aren't supporting the ungodly left or nazi right.

I'll own it. I voted 100% republican until Trump. I couldn't and still can't stand the man or the politicians that have turned themselves into human pretzels to explain the guy. That made me want to support the other guys simply bc they were the opposition. Found some things I agreed with in the process and some things that blow my mind. Now I just feel homeless politically and wish we could all just call good things good, bad things bad, and stick to arguing on how to make good things better and bad things go away. You can do that without making it a matter of eternity, life/death, and labeling those you disagree with as evil.
If this is true, then you aren’t voting based on policy. You are just voting anti-Trump, which is the opposite of what you say you want.

No offense here, but to me, Republicans who get on this moral trip about Trump are hard to respect, and irritate the shlt out of me. There’s only one real option, and if it’s the lesser of two evils, so be it. Trump’s America was better than Biden’s America, that can’t really be debated, regardless of if you like Trump.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
If this is true, then you aren’t voting based on policy. You are just voting anti-Trump, which is the opposite of what you say you want.

No offense here, but to me, Republicans who get on this moral trip about Trump are hard to respect, and irritate the shlt out of me. There’s only one real option, and if it’s the lesser of two evils, so be it. Trump’s America was better than Biden’s America, that can’t really be debated.
Give me a break man. You totally ignore where I specifically acknowledged that. "I'll own it..."

Would be nice to find politicians I feel speak for me. Haven't really found many good ones at the national level.

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
Apparently you never learned the meaning of rhetorical. Thst 2.5 minute Ms was not rhetoric. It was instructions from the left on how to intimidate and threaten conservatives. But since you agree with the left on "everything", then I see no helping you.

• Haha

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
. Trump’s America was better than Biden’s America, that can’t really be debated, regardless of if you like Trump.
By what metrics? If it's so nondebateable, show me in the numbers. It should be very clear and easy for you to provide, given your statement, right? Or maybe there's bias at play?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login