We're Sacrificing the UConn Game...

Horseshoe04

Joined Jan 5, 2014
Jan 21, 2022
To make up the Ole Miss game. Probably the right move and UConn is probably glad to do it. But I hate to give up any opportunity to beat them. They aren't usually this vulnerable.
I suppose I understand the business of the conference but the TV ratings loss will be ESPN’s to deal with

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky

atl-cock

Jan 18, 2022
Since they've already signed another two-year home-and-home starting next year, I imagine that this game will be rescheduled for early in 2025.

ConwayGamecock

Jan 20, 2022
We've already beat them this year, so it doesn't remove any potential match-up scenario for the season. We also beat them when they were much more healthier than they would be had the game at CLA would've gone ahead as scheduled.

It just takes away from South Carolina the possibility of routing an out-matched and weak CT team, like the many times in the past CT was able to enjoy against our Gamecocks - albeit those times we weren't hampered with injuries and/or illness, we just didn't match up with their talent levels.

There will still be the possibility of another game once the NCAAT comes around, although CT is exposed to several teams taking them out before we have a chance to. By that time much of CT's injured will have returned, including Beuckers, so they will be a formidable lower seed for any bracket quad #1 to reckon with....

King Ward

Jan 20, 2022
We've already beat them this year, so it doesn't remove any potential match-up scenario for the season. We also beat them when they were much more healthier than they would be had the game at CLA would've gone ahead as scheduled.

It just takes away from South Carolina the possibility of routing an out-matched and weak CT team, like the many times in the past CT was able to enjoy against our Gamecocks - albeit those times we weren't hampered with injuries and/or illness, we just didn't match up with their talent levels.

There will still be the possibility of another game once the NCAAT comes around, although CT is exposed to several teams taking them out before we have a chance to. By that time much of CT's injured will have returned, including Beuckers, so they will be a formidable lower seed for any bracket quad #1 to reckon with....
Two of the teams I've seen this year that worry me the most, we've already beaten. But they still worry me a lot. Tennessee worries me considerably also. They seem to have found a coach over there who is capable of exploiting that heritage.

Horseshoe04

Joined Jan 5, 2014
Jan 21, 2022
Two of the teams I've seen this year that worry me the most, we've already beaten. But they still worry me a lot. Tennessee worries me considerably also. They seem to have found a coach over there who is capable of exploiting that heritage.
Time to own them

King Ward

Jan 20, 2022
Time to own them
Yes. That game with Auburn diminishes Tennessee in my view - although I do believe they have upgraded their coaching situation. Didn't they sustain a key injury last week? It could signal trouble for them.

That loss UT took at Auburn hearkened back to our football loss at Georgia Tech in 1988. Totally terrible and out of the blue.

Last edited:
Reactions: Horseshoe04

Horseshoe04

Joined Jan 5, 2014
Jan 21, 2022
Yes. That game with Auburn diminishes Tennessee in my view - although I do believe they have upgraded their coaching situation. Didn't they sustain a key injury last week? It could signal trouble for them.

That loss UT took at Auburn hearkened back to our football loss at Georgia Tech in 1988. Totally terrible and out of the blue.
I was at that game in 88, still scarred deeply.

Latest posts