What’s the best MSU uniform you’ve seen?

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
Whatever the ones were when we played at UMASS in Gillette Stadium some years ago. When a few of our players emerged from the dressing room, we kind of looked like the NE Patriots.....eerily similar. Thought they were very nice looking. I think they had silver helmets and silver pants with a white jersey and nice looking maroon piping in all the right areas.

Last edited:

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I am an interlocking MSU guy and always will be.

Though I may be in the minority, I did not mind the early Mullen era jerseys from 2009-2011. They look dated now but I was totally into them. I thought maroon helmet with maroon face mask was a good look, until they totally ruined it with all the ribbon nonsense in 2012.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Whatever the ones were when we played at UMASS in Gillette Stadium some years ago. When a few of our players emerged from the dressing room, we kind of looked like the NE Patriots.....eerily similar. Thought they were very nice looking. I think they had silver helmets and silver pants with a white jersey and nice looking maroon piping in all the right areas.
Get some matching maroon jerseys & roll with it.

Beretta.sixpack

Oct 29, 2009
Bowl game against NC State a few years back.....Dak was QB.......maroon lids, tops, and grey pants......not sure of the trim, but what they wore that day still sticks in my head as the best 21st century uniform we've ever had....

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
Though I may be in the minority, I did not mind the early Mullen era jerseys from 2009-2011. They look dated now but I was totally into them. I thought maroon helmet with maroon face mask was a good look, until they totally ruined it with all the ribbon nonsense in 2012.

I would take the early Mullen era uniforms today.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
That's the one tradition MSU football has - constant change. That's why I say lean into it and do it the Oregon way, just be the flashy team. Change it up.

I really wish people would wise up and accept the blocked banner M-State for the helmet, with no stripes. Doesn't matter the color. It's the only recognizable logo we have, and we need it for that ONE piece of consistency. It was there during our most successful run. I'm sorry for you interlocking guys, but the Kang simply killed that logo. And &tate absolutely sucks. Even Oregon keeps the O, which is also their official university emblem.

I was riding in the car with an Auburn guy the other day, in Orlando. Came across a car with &tate on it. I pointed it out and he said he didn't even know that was our logo. I showed him the banner M-State and he said oh yeah I know that one.

This stuff matters, and our leadership SIMPLY DOES NOT GET IT. Neither do many of our fans.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Goat, whatever would our leadership and fans do if we didn't have such a smart guy like you around? Not sure if I'd have the confidence to get out of bed in the morning without knowing you will be there to push us through ANY obstacle we might encounter

Last edited:
Reactions: uptowndawg

Anon1717806835

Jun 7, 2024
For reference:
Combine the following and you have the best uniform of ALL TIME...

1. Grey pants with maroon piping from 2018.
2. Maroon jersey from 1991,
3. The maroon helmet with the NIke era interlocking MSU, including the dog bone "Buckeye stickers" that we wore in 1996.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
That's the one tradition MSU football has - constant change. That's why I say lean into it and do it the Oregon way, just be the flashy team. Change it up.

I agree with you when it comes to leaning into our tradition of change.

My one issue is this — and you know it too: Maroon isn’t Flashy

Reactions: STATEgrad04

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I agree with you when it comes to leaning into our tradition of change.

My one issue is this — and you know it too: Maroon isn’t Flashy
Flashy may be the wrong word.....but we can do things like the 2017 Alabama uniforms. Incorporate silver. Then the gold helmets from time to time, and it doesn't even have to be for the Egg Bowl. I like chrome, matte, etc.

I understand we're an Ag school, cowbells and all that.....but we don't want to be boring like aTm. We need to get away from stripes....those are boring.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

MStateU

Nov 15, 2009
I really like the 98 throwbacks from last year. I would love for that to be full time.

Would like to see them with gray pants as an alternate.

No white helmets unless it is all white. Stormtrooper alts.

The absolute worst for me is maroon pants. Just never ever EVER do that. Good gracious it's ugly.

Second worse is matte helmets. Can't stand them.

AtomicDog

Sep 16, 2023
No white helmets unless it is all white. Stormtrooper alts.

The absolute worst for me is maroon pants. Just never ever EVER do that. Good gracious it's ugly.
These are my only two requests. White helmets with all white. And no maroon pants ever. That’s it.

This thread also shows we’ll be discussing uniforms until the end of time. Everyone has an opinion and there’s no right answer unless you pick the 98’s.

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
2015. Best uniforms we’ve worn over all. Maybe possibly change the chest logo to STATE. Also like the idea of the M over S as the helmet logo as well. These pants should be the most worn home and and away.

Attachments

• IMG_0392.jpeg
    IMG_0392.jpeg
    207.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0393.jpeg
    IMG_0393.jpeg
    113.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0394.jpeg
    IMG_0394.jpeg
    59.8 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: Rockymountaindawg

dudehead

Jul 9, 2006
Can't leave out JB and their duds back then. He has to be one of the fastest and most effective running QBs we've had and damn he could party and roll with the late krewe on Friday nights before a Saturday 11:00 am game.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login