What’s the brass tacks on recruiting budgets?

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
You and others are missing the bigger picture…..ordinary fans who became enamored with the emotional connection of college football don’t want to win that way. If college football has simply been reduced to a giant fundraising competition, what’s the 17ing point? It used to be at least somewhat about rooting on your peers, fellow students, those who chose YOUR school / city / region to showcase their talents. Its now just a giant bidding war. In the overwhelming majority of cases, these athletes don’t care about MSU, Starkville, or school in general. It’s just a means to an end.

If my annual income was $100 billion per year, you know how much of that I’d donate to NIL? Zero. And the reasons above are why.

I just want those who are profiting from MSU football to be the ones who are putting up the cash to produce it. That’s how the sport came to the state it’s in today but I’m ok with that. The product on the field is better than it was twenty years ago and money has a lot to do with that.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Why not shoot for 100,000 alumni giving 1000 a month? Gotta get over this small minded thinking

Surely this will not interfere with any current strategies going on over at the Hunter Henry Center

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
I just want those who are profiting from MSU football to be the ones who are putting up the cash to produce it. That’s how the sport came to the state it’s in today but I’m ok with that. The product on the field is better than it was twenty years ago and money has a lot to do with that.

Is it?

Last edited:

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Why not shoot for 100,000 alumni giving 1000 a month? Gotta get over this small minded thinking

I have probably would have agreed with this 5 - 10 years ago but circumstances have suddenly made $1000 pretty stiff monthly contribution. You might target this amount with the right incentives that inspire lower levels to aim for it.

You might want to start with the same ol' BC levels but new multi-sport incentives other than just reserved seats. You can also take this opportunity to create some gifts, prizes, or private incentives for large contributions without doing anything underhanded like X number of special passes to multi sport events for a high, high price.

ETA Example - special seating/access before/during/after different specific games for football, basketball and baseball from the upcoming season.

Last edited:

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
This is 2022 — not 2012 — so we’re talking late Jackie instead of early Jackie.

dannyripms

Sep 3, 2013
I can see how people might feel this way. Heck I do to a degree. I hate that it's becoming a bidding war. It should've never come to this, we have the NCAA to thank for this. Hopefully it'll change but right now this is what we have and I want our team to be the top team.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login