What do you hate the most about OM?

NawlBennyDawg

Jan 23, 2023
We all hate Ole Piss, but what is one thing about them that you hate above everything else?

For me, who is one county over from Oxford, I would probably be an Ole Miss fan if it weren't for their fans. Their fans are the absolute worst. There is no other fanbase on this planet that acts as entitled, pompous, or boujee as they do. I yearn for the day that they are not allowed to be called "Ole Miss" or the "Rebels" anymore just to watch their fanbase squirm and to show their true old money colors that are stuck in 1962.

Anyways what do y'all hate about them?

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
im better star trek GIF

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
I don't hate the fratboy fights. Those are mildy entertaining in a stereotype accuracy kind of way.

Reactions: LocalBeachBum

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
We all hate Ole Piss, but what is one thing about them that you hate above everything else?

For me, who is one county over from Oxford, I would probably be an Ole Miss fan if it weren't for their fans. Their fans are the absolute worst. There is no other fanbase on this planet that acts as entitled, pompous, or boujee as they do. I yearn for the day that they are not allowed to be called "Ole Miss" or the "Rebels" anymore just to watch their fanbase squirm and to show their true old money colors that are stuck in 1962.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
When I was a kid we moved to Mississippi and I didn’t know anything about the rivalry. I was in class and was asked by the teacher who was asking all the kids in PE, which team I was going to be cheering for in the Egg Bowl.

I didn’t know what to say because I really didn’t know much about the schools. Then I noticed that the kids that were Ole Miss fans were asshats. The State fans were the kids who were friendly to me even though I was from another state and did not grow up with them or have a big and important Daddy in town. That made my decision really easy.

I announced that I was a State fan and immediately heard things like, “That figures!”, or something snarky. One boy who was a States fan walked over to me, smiled and shook my hand and said, “Welcome!” The Snarky versus Welcome attitude from the fans never changed all the way through school and adulthood.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
The fans who act the way, well, their fans always act. From there the rest of my list actually stems from them too i.e.

-The Groveeeee (every campus has a bunch of trees)
-The Square (Calhoun City, Grenada, Canton, Hernando, and more have them.)
-Powder Blue (its a 17in color typically known as Baby Blue, get over it)
-Hotty Toddy (where to begin, what a corny arse little jingle that sounds like a middle school cheer)
-"The Vaught" (looks like a shrine to the God of Aluminum, a copycat version of the Weed Eater Bowl in Shreveport or a nice HS stadium in Texas)
-Swayze Field (what a freakin joke, drains about as well as a cypress swamp, the beer throwing, just stop)
-David Kellum (I'll be nice like my momma said and just not say anything)
-The mythical self proclaimed National Championships from the 50's and 60's

I could go on and on but its almost lunch time and I'm ruining my appetite making this list so I'll let others vent as well

Ddawg69

Dec 27, 2019
For me its the gear. It is an identity.

School? Ole Miss polo
Work? Ole Miss polo
Store? Ole Miss polo
Church? Ole Miss polo
Kid's activity? Ole Miss polo
Out to eat? Ole Miss polo
Somewhere where college allegiance means absolute ****? Definitely will be wearing an Ole Miss polo

Airport? You bet your ***, fully decked out

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
The fans who act the way, well, their fans always act. From there the rest of my list actually stems from them too i.e.

-The Groveeeee (every campus has a bunch of trees)
-The Square (Calhoun City, Grenada, Canton, Hernando, and more have them.)
-Powder Blue (its a 17in color typically known as Baby Blue, get over it)
-Hotty Toddy (where to begin, what a corny arse little jingle that sounds like a middle school cheer)
-"The Vaught" (looks like a shrine to the God of Aluminum, a copycat version of the Weed Eater Bowl in Shreveport or a nice HS stadium in Texas)
-Swayze Field (what a freakin joke, drains about as well as a cypress swamp, the beer throwing, just stop)
-David Kellum (I'll be nice like my momma said and just not say anything)
-The mythical self proclaimed National Championships from the 50's and 60's

I could go on and on but its almost lunch time and I'm ruining my appetite making this list so I'll let others vent as well
but do other campuses have OAK TREES? I'll hang up and wait...

Reactions: LocalBeachBum

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
Even though there aren’t many NCAA rules left to violate, over the years they have been about the most crooked, corrupt bunch you can imagine. They don’t think the rules apply to them and they openly brag about it. We used to be in a Sunday School class that was about half State and half UM. Every Sunday the class would just chat for a bit before class started and one Sunday they got on a roll and made all sorts of snide comments about State and State people. I wanted to take a swing at a couple of them but out of respect for where we were my wife and I just sat there in silence. When the class was over we walked out and never went back. That was 10 years ago and we had been attending that Church for over 30 years. We ran into a couple of them around town later on that wanted to know why they had not seen us in Church lately and I let them have it with both barrels. No one else dared to ask after that.

LocalBeachBum

Dec 8, 2021
Seeing ole missy fans on the streets. I work in New Mexico. I don’t see the tags and one rare occasions see a 17er wearing scUM gear.
farkem

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022

Their stupid face.

Reactions: dorndawg

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Even though there aren’t many NCAA rules left to violate, over the years they have been about the most crooked, corrupt bunch you can imagine. They don’t think the rules apply to them and they openly brag about it. We used to be in a Sunday School class that was about half State and half UM. Every Sunday the class would just chat for a bit before class started and one Sunday they got on a roll and made all sorts of snide comments about State and State people. I wanted to take a swing at a couple of them but out of respect for where we were my wife and I just sat there in silence. When the class was over we walked out and never went back. That was 10 years ago and we had been attending that Church for over 30 years. We ran into a couple of them around town later on that wanted to know why they had not seen us in Church lately and I let them have it with both barrels. No one else dared to ask after that.
I know that situation. I was not in the same place as you but it was a very similar scenario in my social life. I’m sorry that you had to go through that in your church, but I saw a similar thing happen to my church that eventually became a split.

Reactions: Pilgrimdawg

HomeBoyDawg

Oct 22, 2013

I, too, hate that they are boujee! (I learned a new word!)

Reactions: NawlBennyDawg

Pookieray

Oct 14, 2012
For me it's that many that I know seem to feel like it gives them an identity or some form of "status". Also, they seem to think that what happened before 1970 matters in the current form of athletics. They haven't been relevant in more years that a majority of their fans have been alive.

rem101

Jan 22, 2008
For me its the gear. It is an identity.

School? Ole Miss polo
Work? Ole Miss polo
Store? Ole Miss polo
Church? Ole Miss polo
Kid's activity? Ole Miss polo
Out to eat? Ole Miss polo
Somewhere where college allegiance means absolute ****? Definitely will be wearing an Ole Miss polo

Airport? You bet your ***, fully decked out
And for the ones that I know like this:
Game? Not going

Reactions: Darryl Steight

NawlBennyDawg

Jan 23, 2023
For me it's that many that I know seem to feel like it gives them an identity or some form of "status". Also, they seem to think that what happened before 1970 matters in the current form of athletics. They haven't been relevant in more years that a majority of their fans have been alive.
It's hilarious how they will always bring up the all-time Egg Bowl record and their "championships" that they "won" when JFK was still living (which, according to the NCAA, they only share a national championship with Minnesota in 1960. Ole Miss claims 1959, 1960, and 1962).

That old history at that school must be kept intact, but any of the other history before 1970 at Ole Miss has to be wiped from the history books like it never happened because "oh, we would NEVER do something like that again!!" says Cornelius Fitzcovington, 46, who still thinks rebel flags should be allowed in the stadium like he did with his KA frat brothers back in 1995.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

NawlBennyDawg

Jan 23, 2023
When I was a kid we moved to Mississippi and I didn’t know anything about the rivalry. I was in class and was asked by the teacher who was asking all the kids in PE, which team I was going to be cheering for in the Egg Bowl.

I didn’t know what to say because I really didn’t know much about the schools. Then I noticed that the kids that were Ole Miss fans were asshats. The State fans were the kids who were friendly to me even though I was from another state and did not grow up with them or have a big and important Daddy in town. That made my decision really easy.

I announced that I was a State fan and immediately heard things like, “That figures!”, or something snarky. One boy who was a States fan walked over to me, smiled and shook my hand and said, “Welcome!” The Snarky versus Welcome attitude from the fans never changed all the way through school and adulthood.
Sounds familiar...

Richard Holmes (first African-American to ever enroll at State in 1965) had an article written about him in 2005 where it said this:

"Yet, Holmes' peaceful admission for summer classes at Mississippi State caused little more than a blip on the state's racial radar screen. Some 200 whites greeted his campus arrival in quiet resignation at what then was the dirt-floored animal husbandry facility (still the Newell-Grissom Building, but now the wood-floored home of the women's volleyball team).

'There were no catcalls, no racial slurs,' recalls Holmes, who was 21 at the time. 'It was quiet and serene. Nothing happened; there was just curiosity and disbelief.'"

Compare this to when James Meredith enrolled at Ole Miss where... you know.

Reactions: Ranchdawg
Aug 15, 2011
Their "pretentious stuck up think they're better than you" snobbery. You'd think they had 20 national championships and were a blue-blood when you hear them talk. Even the "normal" Ole Miss fans are infected with the delusion. I know lots of smart people from their fanbase who become complete idiots when they start to talk about football. They truly think they're a top 5 program and we're beneath them even though we lead the series since it went back to campus in 1991. Congratulations, you had one good decade PRE INTEGRATION that occurred over 50 years ago where they avoided Bama like the plague. They're a bunch of idiot A@#holes. Why did they have to be our rival? I HATE playing them, and even when we blow them out it still isn't enough because we have to play them again next year.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login