What does the Pack think about

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I can promise this school ain't paying Zach 4 mill to go away, 25 mill buyout and then 6 a year for a coach. I'm not sure how a buyout works from another school
Those things are negotiated. I highly doubt Kansas (or any school) would make a coach pay whatever the full fee to break a contract is. That wouldn’t be a good look for Kansas going after another head coach.

BreckyBratt

Nov 5, 2022
I don’t understand what Gus has done to impress some of you guys so much. He recruited much better at auburn than he likely would here and had fairly mediocre results, except for one year.
It's the sweater vest he wears in 90 degree weather with 90% humidity. Other than that all I got is Why not fall at Chizik's feet and beg him to come to Vegas?

Reactions: Captain Ron

patdog

May 28, 2007
Those things are negotiated. I highly doubt Kansas (or any school) would make a coach pay whatever the full fee to break a contract is. That wouldn’t be a good look for Kansas going after another head coach.
Why the hell would Leipold leave Kansas for Mississippi State. He’s already in a P4 conference and will win a lot more games at Kansas than he would here. And have a better chance to make the 12-team playoff. It’s just not gonna happen.

StumpNewGround

Dec 9, 2022
Why the hell would Leipold leave Kansas for Mississippi State. He’s already in a P4 conference and will win a lot more games at Kansas than he would here. And have a better chance to make the 12-team playoff. It’s just not gonna happen.
I respect you. I’ve watched you for a long time. You’re smart. You missed a gap here.
Do we need to delve into the coaching narcissism or do we just need to get straight to the money?

Be real. This is a business.
He’s just proven he can go toe to toe with Oklahoma with less resources and they’re coming into a conference where he will have access to talent he’s never had before with money he’s never had before.

Don’t be so easy to give up the ship captain

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Oh I agree. I think he can stay and have a better job available if he wins a few more years. Honestly I think Kansas could be a good program. Lawrence is a pretty cool town, not far from Kansas City. Seems like Kansas is starting to invest in the program too.

Reactions: patdog
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login