What has to occur this football season where you worry about Lebby?

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Totally agree but the thing none of us can get away from was that he died. It sucked, but it happened.

Where I lost faith in our leadership is when we hired Arnett instead of Spurrier Jr, or at minimum hiring Arnett with the caveat that he keeps the entire staff. Leach deserved that much. Instead, we hired out of fear (that Arnett would leave), and to pacify the RuNdAbAwL mouth breathers. And we got what we got. I mean we had grown men around here saying it was Arnett’s program etc, we need to let him run it, and only a lame brain couldn’t see that this was a stopgap thing. And stopgap is ok, as long as you continue what you were being successful with, which we didn’t, and apparently Arnett told us he wouldn’t, and our leadership agreed, because muh RuNdAbAwL.

We will see on Lebby but it sure certainly SEEMS that we made the easy hire to again, try to mimick Ole Miss.

Remember - that same leadership wanted to keep Moorhead because we won the Egg Bowl over a shltty Ole Miss who essentially gifted us the game.

We literally couldn’t have handled it any worse. At one time, our leadership was great, just what we needed. But we lost track and went back to the same ole Miss stake.
Yep, Mason Miller or Spurrier could have just run the system the players had been running for four years and coasted to 8-9 wins with that schedule. just insane blunder after insane blunder.

The key result is Arnett and the mouth breathers nuked the program at its most vulnerable time with the NIL and Portal, momentum etc. it dug a hole thats Going to take years of effort just to get back to 6-6.

the Writing is on the wall.

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
Most of the problems last year, to me, came from nobody from the coaching staff to players really seeming to understand what our offensive identity was suppose to be. So I will be worried if the offensive side of the ball does not all seem to be on the same page as to what we are trying to do. Have a plan,execute that plan, be able to adjust when nessecary. Do those simple things.

mcfly.sixpack

Mar 21, 2009
Again you make zero sense and your basing off some website that’s telling you who and what will be drafted from our roster todays 10 months from isn’t really doing research. Add to that I laid out in the post who we brought in from the portal not all freshman. I swear some on here think we have had multiple years of losing seasons and our roster is bare. The lack of knowledge this board in this team is very disappointing. We are not upper echelon talent but we have enough to win 6-8 games this year.
Our roster is pretty bare. We lost just about every productive player on defense, a record setting QB, our best RB, and most of the OL. You’re expecting a lot from a pretty mediocre ranked portal class and a bunch of young inexperienced coaches. 1st year head coach & special teams coach for a DC.

Ok let’s examine this
QB.. Shapen better arm better athlete Shapen fits the offense beter than noodle arm Will. Shapen >Will
RB. Woody is at USC good for him. But woody stayed hurt a lot. We replaced him with Lee(transfer from Penn State 23 class) and Davin Booth 800 yd rusher from Utah state. Add in Pittman and Daniel’s its say our RB room is better this year.
OL. Miner is the highest ranted returning center in college football according to PFF. Added pounders from Memphis one of the top AAC left tackles last year. One sack against 400 pass attempts. Added Marlon Martinez from LSU, added Texas tech starting guard Jacoby Jackson and return Albert Reese and RS Leon Bell. I’d say this OL has a chance to be very very good.
WR.. Kelly A 1000 WR from UTEP. Outstanding player with speed. Kevin Coleman incredibly fast and shifty. SWAC freshman of the year in 22 tranfers to Louisville last year 872 career yds
Added Trent Hudson who PFF again rated as one of the top WR in the SEC coming into this year. WR room. Much better than last year
TE. Traore is an NFL player both Ball brothers will play this season as well. There is zero comparison to TE room last year
This staff on offense is light year ahead of that absolutely awful staff last year

Hutzler was DC at Texas in 2020. He has a really solid resume but all anyone on here seems to care about is defense defense defense. We will take a few lumps but we have some talent in the front 7. Adding broomfield and miller from portal will help at corner but that’s the weakest position. I can give you a defensive breakdown later
We don’t have a sec caliber defensive line, it’s borderline G5, and that’s what really matters in this league.

Reactions: patdog

RopeDawg

Feb 24, 2023
EKU W
ASU. W. This team lost a lot off of a very bad team last year
Toledo W lost there QB to the portal and had there up year last year
UF W. It’s sunbelt Billy last ride
TX L but closer than you might think
UGA L
ATM. W I like this game for us. Not counting last year we always play them tough especially at home. Even Peter sirman defense beat them in 16
Ark W. They are not going to be good and petrino will cause more problems
Umass W
UT L. But this could be a shoot out
Mizz W. I like us here at home. The have a good QB and WR but lost RB and lost a lot on defense. They were crazy good in one score games last year
OM. Hard to say. Could they have the year some expect maybe. I know some of those portal kids have been injured and may not be able to play this year. Could they be like Ark basketball and implode with all the ports kids not buying in.

Nothing I posted is outlandish. Of course health is big but we ain’t as bad some want to point out and some games could swing the other direction but that’s my path to 6-8 wins
Let’s do this, you think we win 8 games this year so I’ll do you one better- if we win 7 I’ll donate $5,000 to the BI and show proof on here. If we win 6 or less you donate $5,000 (or $1,000 if that works better). What do ya say?

RopeDawg

Feb 24, 2023
So everyone improved but state. Okay. Sure
You and others act like we are a sunbelt program. And I didn’t say we would win against OM but I do think we will play that game close and yes I do think we can beat Mizz and AM. Will we who knows but it’s not out of the realm of possibility. Not sure why yall think that we can’t. Last time I checked AM has had talent and we have proven time after time we can beat them. We are far superior talent wise but to Toledo come on. They won’t be as good as they were last year and even then they lost to ILL. ASU will be one of the worst teams in P5 this year. They are still having problems with the penalties from Herm tenure and lost players to the portal. But again I guess we didn’t get any better but everyone else did.

Something I don’t understand is why do some of our fans just **** on our program. When did it become the norm to be be Fing miserable and negative on State athletics. I and others have tried to explain that we ain’t as bad as some won’t to make it out to be yet you have others that just want to cherry pick the negative BS. From we have no talent to we have no resources to we are going to get left out of the big league, oh and our NIL sucks. Really I think it’s that we are making moves to play in the future to put MSU in a positive light and it scares the fucjk out of these posters. They would rather be negative and miserable than to enjoy and be optimistic about the future
I’m genuinely want to know the person who runs this account. I just don’t think you’re real.