What I saw in the game (Sorry, late to the party)

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
We were traveling last week and I was disconnected from technology until this morning, so I've missed all discussion.

I was happily romping around New Hampshire with the family, enjoying a fine autumn New England day on Saturday. I intentionally kept my phone put away so as to not be distracted in general, and to not think about our game specifically. Just wanted to focus on having fun with the fam.

As cruel fate would have it, we stopped for supper about 5:30 at a random restaurant in a rural area and were seated at a table directly underneath a TV that had our game on. In New Hampshire. What are the odds? Not knowing it was our game, I glanced up to see who was playing and saw we were getting ransacked 24-3. It was midway through the 3rd quarter. I tried not to watch but couldn't help glancing up.

What I saw was disturbing. My observations:

1. We looked VERY poorly coached. Almost like we were playing playground football. We just looked totally discombobulated...like 11 guys just running around in no discernably coordinated effort.
2. From the part I started watching until early in the 4th, I think I saw us commit 5 penalties. Several of them with impeccably bad timing. Terribly, terribly undisciplined. It seemed that just about anytime it looked like things might start going our way, we committed a penalty.
3. Beamer consistently looked confused/frustrated/perplexed on the sidelines. This is all-too-often an occurrence.
4. Some were saying on here last week that Ole Miss was soft. From what I saw in the game, they looked like grown men tossing little boys around.

Granted, I saw a snippet of the game (from about 9 minutes left in the 3rd quarter to the first few minutes of the fourth), but what I saw turned my stomach. Perhaps that was not representative of our performance on the day.

Edit: I'm way too far behind to read all the other threads related to the game, but a quick skim seems to suggest that what I saw in my brief snippet of the game was, sadly, pretty much representative of our day.

Last edited:

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Sounds fantastic. I hope you and the family had an awesome time. This has been the best year so far for us and our kids doing stuff together; y'all keep it up and we will too.
I see no scheduling conflicts in the near future! :ROFLMAO:

This was my first ever visit to that area (Vermont and New Hampshire). I think we missed peak leaf color by maybe a week, but what it lacked intensity, it made for in volume. We see nothing like that at all around here in Maryland.

Reactions: LonghornsGamecocks

LonghornsGamecocks

Feb 24, 2024
I see no scheduling conflicts in the near future! :ROFLMAO:

This was my first ever visit to that area (Vermont and New Hampshire). I think we missed peak leaf color by maybe a week, but what it lacked intensity, it made for in volume. We see nothing like that at all around here in Maryland.
We get zero color in Austin. Gonna be 96 today woof šŸ„µ

We did a road trip to Aspen a couple years ago with the kiddos for fall colors. I wish we could do a fall colors trip every year.

Reactions: 18IsTheMan

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Oh, and I forgot to add: I saw Sellers throw two of the worst passes you'll see. On the same drive.

After putting together a fairly decent drive down to the Ole Miss 11 or so, we had a receiver out of the backfield streaking down the sideline, 100% wide open into the end zone for the easiest 6 you'll ever see. Sellers threw several yards in front of him. I assume that receiver had to be the target, though the ball was nowhere near him.

Then, on the same drive, he threw what I can only assume was intentional interception. The "intended" receiver in the end zone was double covered and not even 1% open.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login