What if: Leach had spring ball in 2020

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
The team would have gained that experience before 2020 season and would have been ahead coming into this season. Would it have changed 2020 record? What about this year?

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
The team would have gained that experience before 2020 season and would have been ahead coming into this season. Would it have changed 2020 record? What about this year?
Likely would have been better. System coaches need repetition.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012

We would have been better in 2020. But I think Costello survives longer in 2020 with a spring, and I'm not sure if Will is as far ahead now if he doesn't take over when he does last year.

Sep 9, 2012
Still would have struggled in 2020 but maybe not quite as bad. But I think you are on to something about us this year.

IMO, we would have been a decent amount further along at the start of 2021. We may not have dropped Memphis and/or LSU if we have a full spring and summer workouts the year before.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
We would have been better in 2020. But I think Costello survives longer in 2020 with a spring, and I'm not sure if Will is as far ahead now if he doesn't take over when he does last year.

I thought Costello could not transfer until he graduated and it would have been summer before he arrived. I could be wrong.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I thought Costello could not transfer until he graduated and it would have been summer before he arrived. I could be wrong.

No, I think you're right. So my point is probably incorrect. You would have receivers that presumably understood the offense better, so maybe that helps Costello some, but he wouldn't have been there. Can't remember if Will was an early graduate (I think he was?), but if he had a spring, then he possibly would ahve passed Costello at the same time.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Yeah and the summer as well some of us talked about that but were ignored totally. We are still going to have bad games but Saturday was a perfect example of what happens when the quarterback in all of his wide receivers start thinking on the same page against any defense even the drop eight. He starts saw his throw or fakes away then throws before or while they make their move and it drops right in their hand where the defense can't stop it.

It could get only better from here since we're gonna have the same quarterback until he either graduates or goes pro because now even the players can see just how well it can work when they all are on the same page and have worked their *** off to get there.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login