What is BBQ to you?

KirbAppeal

Jan 6, 2022
I know these three letters mean something different to people from different regions of the US. For some it’s a method of cooking, but for some weirdos, it’s what they call a grill.

What is BBQ to you and what’s your go to BBQ dish?

For me, BBQ is a method of cooking.. low and slow.

My favorite thing to eat that falls under the BBQ umbrella is a pulled pork sammich.

Reactions: PsYcho BLaNco

Tuamuchspeed

Jul 15, 2022
BBQ is defined as a method of cooking something low and slow in the dirtiest, grimiest, seasoned-by-bacon-grease pit that you can possibly find.

Favorite BBQ dishes in order:
  1. Smoked Ribs, full-rack MF
  2. Smoked Brisket, injected and sliced
  3. Pulled Pork Sandwich
  4. Smoked Chicken, pulled
  5. Smoked Wings, seasoned no sauce

KirbAppeal

Jan 6, 2022
BBQ is defined as a method of cooking something low and slow in the dirtiest, grimiest, seasoned-by-bacon-grease pit that you can possibly find.

Favorite BBQ dishes in order:
  1. Smoked Ribs, full-rack MF
  2. Smoked Brisket, injected and sliced
  3. Pulled Pork Sandwich
  4. Smoked Chicken, pulled
  5. Smoked Wings, seasoned no sauce
Smoked wings are so underrated. Can’t eat them any other way after ya have them smoked.

PsYcho

May 18, 2023
Smoked corn and Mac n cheese is pretty damn good too! But nothing beats a slab of ribs, dry rubbed and glazed.

Reactions: KirbAppeal

Tuamuchspeed

Jul 15, 2022
Smoked wings are so underrated. Can’t eat them any other way after ya have them smoked.
Big-time underrated. I like them fried and tossed, of course, but seasoned and smoked is superior. No doubt.

Smoked chicken reigns supreme in North AL. With the white sauce of course.

Reactions: KirbAppeal

crayon

Sep 18, 2022
Hot dogs (glizzys) on a charcoal grill and friends coming over to choke them down.

SmarterBudweiser

May 2, 2022
Mozzarella stuffed, bacon-wrapped jalepenos, added to the smoker the last few hours of a 12 to 16 hour brisket point effort.

FIFO

Apr 28, 2022
Anything Low and Slow. 4th of July I did a Brisket, Boned out Chicken thighs Marinade in my Jerk recipe for the children. Of course Brisket was gone before I could even have any, so I had to "settle" for the Chicken.

I have been missing out on good ole Charcoal cooking (bored with the ease of Pellet) so I purchased an Old Smokey love that grill easy to take camping as well.

Reactions: Man_A_War

dp rtr

May 1, 2023
Low and slow. It’s changed a lot over the years, but I’m a big fan of 321 Ribs, or a pork shoulder for larger items. Lately I’ve been doing a lot of wings or boneless, skinless chicken thighs. So tasty.

also, if I’m buying BBQ, Lewis BBQ’s giant beef spare rib or brisket is my favorite to buy. Not matter what I do, I can’t make my stuff taste like theirs.

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login