What is the potential of Rogers in this offense?

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
What kind of numbers is he capable of putting up in a season and his career assuming he gets to play 13 games a season the next 3 years?

Can he hit 5000 yards?
What’s the ceiling?
What about passing touchdowns?

I know there are many unknowns like OL protection but it’s an interesting topic to ponder.

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
2020 Totals
1976 yards
11 TDs

2021 Totals through 10 games
3722 yards
29 TDs

Career Totals
5698 yards
40 TDs

Career Leaders
Case Keenum 19,217 yards
Case Keenum 155 TDs

I’d think he could get there if this season is his floor. Easily could get top five in both.

131 TDs and 15,031 yards is 5th place for each category. Seeing a State player on those lists that high regardless of the offensive system that was being run is something I never thought would be imaginable.

Last edited:

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Assuming the offense doesn’t regress I think it is likely he will hit 5K in a season, maybe even more than once.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
If he throws for 4500yds and 35tds this season (both will easily happen), and if he stays healthy, plays for 3 more seasons, and averages 4500 and 35, + his 2020 stats, he will beat Case Keanum and be the all time passing and passing td leader in NCAA history

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Has anyone checked on Finebaum or C34 tonight? One said the gimmick offense of Mike Leach would never work in the SEC and the other one said not only was the Air Raid no good but the quarterback would never work either

Crazy Cotton

Aug 26, 2012
Monday I might actually tune in to Finebaum. Looking forward to hearing those Auburn people loosing their minds on the Paul show.

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
No one is taking into account Rodgers losing 3 o-line starters after this year, with one being possibly a top 5 pick.

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
No one is taking into account Rodgers losing 3 o-line starters after this year, with one being possibly a top 5 pick.

I literally said in the original post that OL protection will be an unknown but something to ponder. Did I need to be more specific than that?

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
I literally said in the original post that OL protection will be an unknown but something to ponder. Did I need to be more specific than that?

You said, “There as many unknowns like o-line protection”. So I was making known the specifics for you. You’re welcome.

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
You said, “There as many unknowns like o-line protection”. So I was making known the specifics for you. You’re welcome.

What you stated was taken care of with my original post. If you don’t care to ponder, don’t post. You added nothing to the discussion. That you think you did is laughable. Carry on.

SheltonChoked

Feb 27, 2008
What kind of numbers is he capable of putting up in a season and his career assuming he gets to play 13 games a season the next 3 years?

Can he hit 5000 yards?
What’s the ceiling?
What about passing touchdowns?

I know there are many unknowns like OL protection but it’s an interesting topic to ponder.

If we keep an OL that can give him time, This offense can average 450 yards a game passing. So, ceiling would be 5,900+ yards a season. Which would be 23,000 yards passing career.... if he stays for 4 years.

Minshew averaged 452 for leach, and our WR are/will be better than his at WSU.

We could see CRAZY numbers.

Sep 9, 2012
Truthfully no one knows what the potential is for Will Rogers. He can certainly continue improving. People forget that when Dak Prescott was at this same point in his career, he was a redshirt freshman who we used exclusively as the Tim Tebow 3rd down battering ram.

Meanwhile Will is routinely lighting up good SEC defenses in an offense that requires a lot from the QB in terms of decision making, accuracy, reading defenses, and checking to the right play at the LOS. This is a very demanding offense for a QB, which is why Leach likes older guys.

I guess if you wanted an idea of what he COULD be in terms of numbers if we can continue to play well on the OL, see Graham Harrell. That guy ran this offense better than probably anyone ever.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/graham-harrell-1.html

patdog

May 28, 2007
You'd have to think 5,000 is very attainable for him. He may even hit that mark this year.

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
What you stated was taken care of with my original post. If you don’t care to ponder, don’t post. You added nothing to the discussion. That you think you did is laughable. Carry on.
I don't have any dog in this hunt, but in fairness, Bulldoghair is correct. You may have meant your "unknown" comment to include the detail he provided, but it didn't. You appear to have assumed it did no doubt because you were thinking it when you posted.

But your actual post was vague enough to make Bulldoghair's reply reasonable. He did give relevant detail not made clear in your OP.

Not sure why this generated such an acrimonious response from you. It's not as if he insulted or remotely disparaged your post.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login