What is your favorite plain potato chip?

What is your favorite plain potato chip?

• Lays

Votes: 72 43.6%
  • Ruffles

Votes: 44 26.7%
  • Pringles

Votes: 21 12.7%
  • Other(please name them)

Votes: 28 17.0%

• Total voters

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Golden Flake has the best plain chips

They also make good barbecue chips

Zapps Creole Onion chips are excellent

Cheddar Jalapeño Cheetos are outstanding too.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I can't eat a plain chip without some dip. Ranch and sour cream dip helps but I prefer ruffles jalapeño ranch dipped in ranch and sour cream dip

MaxwellSmart

May 28, 2007
As I get older - I enjoy the plain potato chip more and more. Please vote and discuss.

Haven't had a potato chip in a long, long time but if I had to go plain I'd say ruffles. Flavored would lead me to a whole tube of Pringles so I avoid them altogether.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
If I got to go plain, I go Ruffles. But I need the jalapeno flavored chips. Snyders may be my favorites, then Kettle, Cape Code, or Miss Vickies. All the rest are just playing at it.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Lays Kettle plain are best. Wavy Lays Funyon flavored are fantastic. They’re new, highly suggest you try them.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I love potatoes, so I've always loved simple plain potato chips.

And my comfort chip is the thin, crispy good ole Lays. But I'll never turn down most any tater chip. I'm not a lover of the thicker, harder chips, but I'll never turn them down.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
I went Lays then I totally forgot about Cape Cod chips
Less fat and sodium in those and they taste just as good to me and because they’re better than Pringles with French onion dip.
Utz now owns Golden Flake. May still call them GF tho ?
Utz’s crab chip is pretty tasty.

Augustus McCrae

Aug 25, 2012
I prefer kettle cooked chips. I’m not particular about brand but if I had to pick I’d pick Ms. Vickie’s.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I voted Lays. It's a rare treat but when I do, It's Lays. I've been cutting down on salt to the degree that here soon, they may taste too salty in the near future for me to like them much anymore. Would advise my fellow Boomers to cut back on the salt as well. One of my other food vices has always been bacon but the last time I tried some about 2 months ago I didn't care too much for it because it tasted overly salty. First time that's happened to me. Haven't had any since.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Plain Lays and sometimes vinegar and salt. I don't care for the flavors. Europe, France in particular, has some weird potato chip flavors.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
if it’s with French onion dip, slight nod to wavy lays. By itself,slight nod to lays.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I voted Lays. It's a rare treat but when I do, It's Lays. I've been cutting down on salt to the degree that here soon, they may taste too salty in the near future for me to like them much anymore. Would advise my fellow Boomers to cut back on the salt as well. One of my other food vices has always been bacon but the last time I tried some about 2 months ago I didn't care too much for it because it tasted overly salty. First time that's happened to me. Haven't had any since.
You’re going to get awful lonely in that nursing home all by yourself and your back is gonna hurt from toting everyone you know from the Cadillac to the grave!

• Love
Reactions: Cantdoitsal

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
You’re going to get awful lonely in that nursing home all by yourself and your back is gonna hurt from toting everyone you know from the Cadillac to the grave!
Thanks but none of us ever know when the Richard Pryor "Ultimate Test" comes along and none so far have passed that test. At least I've passed 60 years of it now cuz remember "You don't grow old bein' no fool". "And don't wait till yo time is up cuz they ain't no such thing as a recharge; so in the Meantime, might as well keep yo self happy."

maroonmadman

Nov 7, 2010
Back in the '80's I worked at the Frito-Lay plant in Jackson. We put out those Delta Gold chips for a few years back then and they were the bomb. They were fried in a combination of palm and coconut oils which made them very high in cholesterol which is why they were discontinued. Damn they were good though. Best part of that job was endless samples.

Wavy Lays and Charle's chips are the best IMO but I do like Zapp's and Cape Cod chips.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
As I get older - I enjoy the plain potato chip more and more. Please vote and discuss.
My favorite plain is going to be Ruffles. My favorite potato chip is Lays Bbq. Lot of sentimental value to that chip. When I was a small boy my grandparents would go to their old church on 5th Sunday where'd they'd have dinner on the grounds. My grandmother would make homemade pimento and cheese and other things, and they'd always have bbq Lays. Now those grandparents, along with my dad and other family members, are in that church cemetery and those chips bring back memories of the innocence and fun of youth.

Nov 6, 2015
My go to when I’m sitting in a beanbag neeked watching Jerry Falwell on tv is Cheetos
2nd to that is any king of pork rinds

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login