What is your favorite plain potato chip?

What is your favorite plain potato chip?

• Lays

Votes: 72 43.6%
  • Ruffles

Votes: 44 26.7%
  • Pringles

Votes: 21 12.7%
  • Other(please name them)

Votes: 28 17.0%

• Total voters

InTheIttaBenaHotSun

Jan 9, 2016
I'm with you DS...as I've gotten older I've started going more and more to plain potato chips. Ruffles is #1 with dips. Baked Lays is #1 with a sandwich.

As for BBQ chips Golden Flake - Sweet Heat are my favorite.

Last edited:

gdawg1229

Oct 8, 2013
I haven't seen them in a while, but Which Wich used to have a sea salt and cracked pepper chip that were fantastic.

Poppy IV

Nov 24, 2016
Plain Lays
Zapps
Cape Cod
Kettle brand
side note: put your chips in the freezer. Keep fresh plus taste better with that chill.

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
Certainly a random topic. Never been a big flavored chip guy, even in my youths. Cape Cod sea salt.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Pretty sure it's a Delta thang, but some running plain Lay's through some Shady Nook bbq sauce is high society.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Pringles are a joy in my life. However, they are not potato chips.
*adjusts tin foil hat*

Inflation not only is seen in the form of higher prices. Has anyone else noticed that chips are thinner? No one chip is more adversely affected here than the pringle. They're not as good, because they're thinner.

MSUDAWGFAN

Apr 17, 2014
As I get older - I enjoy the plain potato chip more and more. Please vote and discuss.
WTH? After almost 2 pages noone has mentioned the greatest chip ever with Stax? Yes I know they are Lay's but it's different than Lays in a bag. Stax are the undisputed king of the chip. Love sour cream and onion and original.

Augustus McCrae

Aug 25, 2012
Slight hijack, but since Golden Flake has been mentioned several times I think it’s worth mentioning that their pork skins are great as far as store bought goes. I really like the Louisiana hot sauce flavor.

Reactions: Theconnormead

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
*adjusts tin foil hat*

Inflation not only is seen in the form of higher prices. Has anyone else noticed that chips are thinner? No one chip is more adversely affected here than the pringle. They're not as good, because they're thinner.
If you ever come across them, The Good Crisp Company is like if Pringle's got their sh-t together. In the same tennis-ball can shaped container. They used to just be at bougie grocery stores but I think Walmarts carries them now.

vhdawg

Sep 29, 2004
*adjusts tin foil hat*

I never eat Pringles one at a time so I haven't noticed. I would SMOKE Brian Scott Rippee in a Pringle eating contest.

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
As I get older - I enjoy the plain potato chip more and more. Please vote and discuss.
Lays is the Budweiser of plain potato chips. Some people love Bud...some people don't much care, as long as it is cold...others like their craft-brews. But I've not heard of anybody turning their nose up at an ice-cold Bud on a sweltering hot day.

Lays is consistently really good with plain. For me, since I was a kid until today, I've liked Lays plain chips, but never cared at all for Ruffles. Cape Cod are great. Granny Goose are also very good. Used to love Pringles, but as I have gotten older, they no longer taste that good to me.

Gimme some Cape Cod with a container of French Onion dip and I'm good. As another noted, they hold up better to dip. But when the choices are open, I go for Hot Pork Rinds...the kind that are light & puffy and have a nice light crisp...not the hard ones. That's the kind that are hardest for me to put down and stop eating.Pork rinds.jpg

Last edited:

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
Not a plain chip by any stretch of the imagination, but have any of you been stupid...I mean brave enough to try one of these?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login