What is your prediction on Bama going forwards this season?

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I think the light bulb got turned on in the second half yesterday. They could go on a run.

Reactions: Mr. Cook

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
They have been improving every week. They lack experience and are young on the OL. But they have a great coaching staff that is progressing them weekly.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
They will peak at the right moments as the season reaches a crescendo. The 2nd half of that game against Tennessee yesterday looked like an unholy version of them being prepared, having an epiphany, getting pissed off, and believing in themselves...all rolled into one. (In other words, Saban being Saban)

Kirby Smart probably wishes he had Saban's defense right about now

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
It all came down to Milroe being more of a passing threat. He is starting to figure it out some.
Looks like a few of the WR's are starting to figure it out as well. They got open and Milroe found them. Them getting open has been a problem.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Super Troopers Yes GIF by Searchlight Pictures

• Haha
Reactions: knock him out john

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
They’re winning out in the regular season. I don’t think LSU has the defense to beat them and nobody else has the offense.

We’ll see on Georgia.

Reactions: Dawgg

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
I predict Bama gets by LSU by a gnat on a flies ***....err a hair. OM will lose to UGA to have no chance at the SECCG.

UGA v Bama for the SECCG and UGA wins

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
They are starting to turn a corner. Certainly not the Bama of old, but they can obviously win. I see them headed to Atlanta at 11-1.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Regular season:
LSU - I think they could fool around and lose this one. It's the only one in doubt until the SECCG. It's in Tuscaloosa, so I guess I'll say narrow Tide win.
Kentucky - I think they win this by about 20.
UT-Chattanooga - I think they win this by about 40.
Auburn - Yeah, yeah, Iron Bowl/Freeze history vs Saban/trap game... I think Bama wins this one. It could be close at the end, but Tide win.

Postseason:
SEC CG - Georgia skull drags them for 60 minutes and it could end up being the worst Saban loss since Clemson in the 2018 CFP.
NY6 Bowl - Depends on the opponent, but they'll have a number of opt-outs and without the depth of past seasons, I think they lose this.

STATEgrad04

Mar 3, 2008
I predict Bama gets by LSU by a gnat on a flies ***....err a hair. OM will lose to UGA to have no chance at the SECCG.

maybe a stupid question, but does om losing to Georgia affect them not getting to the SECCG? Yes, it would be a SEC loss but it would be an East loss, so their west record would still hold right? So if om only other loss is GA and LSU beats Bama, wouldnt om have the tie breaker? And just for nightmare fuel, GA is beatable esp with om offense. Here's hoping that both GA and aTm can humble umiss.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
maybe a stupid question, but does om losing to Georgia affect them not getting to the SECCG? Yes, it would be a SEC loss but it would be an East loss, so their west record would still hold right? So if om only other loss is GA and LSU beats Bama, wouldnt om have the tie breaker? And just for nightmare fuel, GA is beatable esp with om offense. Here's hoping that both GA and aTm can humble umiss.

SEC losses are SEC losses. 7-1 > 6-2 no matter who lost to who. OM absolutely has to beat Georgia for any chance at Atlanta.

Reactions: STATEgrad04

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
SEC losses are SEC losses. 7-1 > 6-2 no matter who lost to who. OM absolutely has to beat Georgia for any chance at Atlanta.
I’d be curious to know how an OM / LSU / Bama three-way tie at 7-1 works out for who goes to Atlanta. LSU would of course have to win in Tuscaloosa, and OM would have to do the same in Athens. Long shot of that happening.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
I’d be curious to know how an OM / LSU / Bama three-way tie at 7-1 works out for who goes to Atlanta. LSU would of course have to win in Tuscaloosa, and OM would have to do the same in Athens. Long shot of that happening.
I’ve actually looked bc I don’t think it’s ever happened and realized it was possible Its total wins (it says win percentage but same thing ) of East opponents. OM would end up with 7 bc Georgia would win 7 and Vandy 0. So KY/TN or Mizzou/FL would need 8.

Theconnormead

Jan 26, 2023
I think the light bulb got turned on in the second half yesterday. They could go on a run.
It's fascinating to me to watch someone who is at the top of their game / field / work. It's not often you get to see the greatest work. In my opinion watching Saban is much like watching MJ and Tiger in their prime, he is just that much better than everyone else. One can hate Bama all they want, but you should enjoy watching NS for however long he coaches, because I don't know that we will see someone like him for anytime soon.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
They will PROBABLY win out, unless maybe LSU outscores them. But they still aren't the same Bama the last era, and while Saban is the best, HIS actual best was in that very last era. I personally think their schedule is what has helped them. Texas smoked them at home, so we have that data point, even if it was week 2. They got Ole Miss, Tennessee and LSU at home. Auburn's bad. They barely beat an average aTm team on the road and an average Arkansas team (at the time), at home. I haven't even mentioned USF, since Milroe didn't play. And they weren't that great against us, that game was more competitive than it looked.

They may beat Georgia, I don't know, depends on how good Georgia really is, especially now without their TE that was friggin' being mentioned for the Heisman. All that said, this SEC may be like 2014, which was actually down and we didn't know it. Remember, that Bama team played an average West Virginia team OOC, where they had Texas this year.

This might be the year that Michigan finally gets it done again. Either them or Florida State. I still don't know about those PAC-12 teams. To me, Michigan is in that tier with Tennessee and Nebraska, who maybe just can't get over the hump in the new era, but while Nebraska is still in the wilderness and really no longer considered a power, Michigan/Tennessee have kinda come back, and Michigan has the benefit of a B1G schedule. They'll probably lose in the playoff though, yet again.

Coin flip. It's what we want as fans, right? Bama may be there at the end, but at least we don't have to go ahead and concede it to them like we most of the last decade.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012

I predict Ole Miss will lose to A&M and us, too. They'll go out losing 3 of their last 4.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
SEC losses count the same.

Also, Bama has to lose twice for Ole Miss to go to Atlanta, because Bama has the head to head tiebreaker with them. It would get more interesting in a three way tie scenario.

Reactions: STATEgrad04
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login