What type defense?

Nov 20, 2023
If it’s basic vanilla 4-3 scheme that works when you have Alabama and Georgia talent, and you try to do the same here, it’s not going to be great. Again, on both sides of the ball we have only been successful when we go against the grain. Gorilla war fare. I might would have heavily considered keeping Brock as I have been saying. He seemed much better after Arnett was gone and he was calling it on his own.
I agree your spot on about a basic 4-3 what’s your opinion scheme/formation wise that’s best for us, in the past years we have had some great Defensive players and some pretty good Defense except for last year in quite a few games we played poorly, several games good D, For a basic 4-3 We need 4 good lineman as well as 3 good LBs, and I don’t want our LBs covering WRs and TEs often. I figure a 3-3-5 type again or possibly a 4-2-5 is more likely utilized. For those “in the know” which would you venture to guess we end up running most likely? Rather what do y’all thinks best for us?

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
The type your mom should’ve employed on your dad?
New York Yankees Thumbs Down GIF by MLB

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
I know everybody is losing it because he is not a sitting DC running a top ten defense but let's get serious here. Durkin was not worth a big buy out. This guy has a lot of experience and they are after Barnes also. That's a couple of hungry defensive guys that are gonna get after it. They still have things to prove. It's gonna be fine. Between them and Turner there will be improvement
I think the experience and age differential can’t be discounted either. Bringing in a seasoned coordinator with more life experience could potentially spell trouble under a young first time HC.

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
My dad is dead, and my mom is on hospice nearing her end of life.
So sorry to hear this. I have been there and know how hard it is. Stay strong for your Mom and an embrace the time you have left with her. Happens to everyone’s parents eventually but it’s a hard part of life. Hang in there.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login