What was the story on Hargrove

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I expected to see him get more reps this season after he was so highly recruited. Did he have trouble catching the football?

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
I expected to see him get more reps this season after he was so highly recruited. Did he have trouble catching the football?
I can't remember his exact words, but Steve touched on it sometime in the last week. He wasn't an SEC back. When you have a 4* rb who you have to compete to La Tech to get, it probably aint a 4*. Don't quote me, but he also mentioned him not being able to get the nuances of being a running back in the SEC. Not being able to do the things required when you are not running the ball.

Reactions: patdog

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
He wasn't highly recruited. What makes you think he was? Some listed offers on a recruiting site?
This is something I've always wanted to know more about regarding listed "offers" from blue bloods and others who don't seem to be getting much love but end up being good players.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
He wasn't highly recruited. What makes you think he was? Some listed offers on a recruiting site?
He had a knee injury that scared everybody off. He was a 4 star, suppose to be real good. I heard Steve's comments about nuances. I took that to mean he didn't give much effort to pass blocking, couldn't get the passing game responsibility down.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Yes, he was offered by Florida State, Baylor, Michigan State, Penn State, Oklahoma State and South Carolina. Recruiting sites compared him with Pollard at Dallas. Didn't see much of him this year and was curious.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login