What was the worst call of the night?

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
From inside the stadium perspective, I don’t understand the missed fumble call. What were the announcers saying on the fumble and intentional grounding?

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Mine was the PI against Forbes. 2nd was the no intentional grounding.
Plenty to choose from, but the most frustrating thing to me is that when you take all 3 of the awful 1st half calls(roughing QB, strip fumble, intentional grounding), none of them were reviewed. Not a single one. A call was made, the officials huddled, and then they just said here’s what we’re going with…

If that’s how we’re going to officiate, then SEC refs deserve all the conspiracy theories and complaints that they get

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
From inside the stadium perspective, I don’t understand the missed fumble call. What were the announcers saying on the fumble and intentional grounding?
They even said the fumble was indeed a fumble. They even went back and listened for the whistle. The whistle didn’t blow until he was on the ground and we has possession of the ball. Early in the game they really were vocal about the bad calls but eventually quit mentioning them.

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
They thought both were extremely questionable calls. They were about as outspoken as they were going to get for State. Although on some calls one of them was trying to side with the refs a bit. Not the fumble or IG call though.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
The fumble that wasn’t a fumble was huge.

What’s ridiculous about that call is the whistle doesn’t blow until after Bookie had the ball and the argument that his forward progress had stopped doesn’t pass the smell test when we have all seen in other games how long they’ll let the play run with the players in a scrum and players have fumbled in those instances.

HeCannotGo

Feb 23, 2011
A terrible non-call that I haven't seen mentioned: Georgia was 3rd and 10 and completed a post route for about 30 yards to about our 20 yard line. Jaden Crumedy was absolutely raped as he closed in on the QB. No holding call.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
All three mentioned were very bad calls or no calls which I think leads to 17 of UGA’s points.
I think with the correct calls, UGA gets just let’s say 7 for discussion purposes.
Not only has the complexion of the game changed but the score changes as well.
Take away 10 points and give us some momentum and it’s probably a closer game in the 4th.

Walkthedawg

Oct 3, 2022

I have never, ever, seen a roughing the passer flag picked up after actual roughing the passer was committed. If that was Stetson Bennett.. does anyone think that flag gets picked up?

And the fumble that the refs blew dead. Absolutely unexplainable.

We should get another one of those fine apology letters again. Wheel keeps spinning.. on to the screwings later.

patdog

May 28, 2007
They said his forward momentum was stopped so the play was dead. That crew was quick with the whistle. I noticed earlier in the game the blew a play dead for the same reason and the UGA runner pushed on for another 5 yards, which they brought back. I don't think it was the right call, but I can at least understand it. Worst call of the night was no intentional grounding on the UGA QB. He wasn't even out of the guard box and they specifically said he was outside the tackle box. I could have almost bought their story more if they claimed there was a receiver in the area, even though there wasn't one within 20 yards.

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
Not saying we could win the game, but clearly the sec office wasn’t going to let us get close or really threaten. Key momentum swings that could have made the game close, the officials jump in with both feet to put a stop to that sheet.

the PI on Forbes, huge third down stop, we get the ball back and ......

.....the officials wait until they see we got the third down stop and then really late throw a flag on Forbes, replay shows no PI, announcer Blackledge bites his tounge and kind of chuckles

promwrasslin level scripting

cant have our big cash cow threatened by these little trash programs

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I have never, ever, seen a roughing the passer flag picked up after actual roughing the passer was committed. If that was Stetson Bennett.. does anyone think that flag gets picked up?

And the fumble that the refs blew dead. Absolutely unexplainable.

We should get another one of those fine apology letters again. Wheel keeps spinning.. on to the screwings later.
Maybe IB will petition the league pro bono on our behalf***

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
The most costly was the strip by Bookie.
The worst from just a bad call standpoint was intentional grounding.
There were 3 stops that would have kept 21 points off the board.

There was a pick up (roughing the passer) that would have given us the first down.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
The SEC will always protect their charmed playoff contending blue bloods. I guess having all those former ADs around the conference (and one in Birmingham) really does help us with these things.***********************************

rynodawg

May 29, 2007
Almost a tie, but non-grounding call was worst because there was nothing subjective about it, it was just clearly and obviously wrong.

Tackle was lined up on hash, and QB never came within 2-3 yards of hash marks. would have probably forced a punt and kept us in game awhile longer.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
When you're givin' 100% and make a great play only to be taken away in BS fashion, it deflates the enthusiasm on the rest of the team. Good teams can recover from a bogus call every now and then but when they start to pile up and a pattern develops, You're 17'd.

Reactions: HeCannotGo

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

May 28, 2007
There was one play where we were about to sack Bennet but our defender was blocked in the back. I believe it was the play before the PI play.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login