What's the spread on the Biden v. Trump game tonight?

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
It will be interesting to me if when one of the candidates is answering a question, we can hear the opponent trying to say something since the opponents microphone will be muted until it's his turn.

Reactions: Lurker123

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Dems are obviously setting this up to back Michelle Obama or Newsome in late in the game as the nominee so they would not have to have a full campaign against Trump.

May 28, 2024
Dems are obviously setting this up to back Michelle Obama or Newsome in late in the game as the nominee so they would not have to have a full campaign against Trump.
Newsome has a terrible record in California and visuals in the cities that would tell a terrible story in political ads. Obama has no record other than her husband's and could recover some of the black vote just by being black, but I don't see her running. Hillary wants a rematch and may strongarm her way in.

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
First impression, the moderators were not as slanted as I expected, kudos to them. Biden and Trump behaved quite a bit better than last time. (I had to show my kids clips of real debates after the one 4 years ago.)

I'm also sure each side feels their guy was a clear winner.

CWW

Joined Dec 2, 2013
Feb 1, 2022
Biden did not present himself well at all. Raspy voice, stuttering, etc. Trump had more vigor as he spun his lies. How in the world did we end up with these 2 candidates. I thought the moderators did a good job…but felt they should have called out both candidates when they did not answer the question that was asked.

Reactions: LexCock11

Debo77

Dec 21, 2022
I think these debates are mostly useless....most Americans dont care about NATO or how much billionaires are taxed and such....if you asked me its a real easy task....on election day ask yourself 1 question.....were you , your family and the country in general better off and in better shape when Trump was president or when Biden was president????.....then vote accordingly.....simple as that

vacock

Joined Oct 26, 1998 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 20, 2022
Biden did not present himself well at all. Raspy voice, stuttering, etc. Trump had more vigor as he spun his lies. How in the world did we end up with these 2 candidates. I thought the moderators did a good job…but felt they should have called out both candidates when they did not answer the question that was asked.
I thought the debate format did not require answering the questions but they could use the time to say what they wanted.

SILVERSPUR-rier

Joined Nov 18, 2004
Jan 18, 2022
Multiple times the moderators would say "you have X seconds left" and then would repeat the question. They even gave additional time to try to get both sides to answer the specific question. Beyone that, there is not a lot you can do to "make" someone answer the question. I am no fan of CNN (never really watch unless I am in an airport), but I thought the moderators did an excellent job and greatly exceeded my expectations on asking fair/tough questions of both candidates. I actually thought the microphone cut off helped keep Trump focused. There were a couple of times the production booth opened up the microphones for the other side to respond beyond the alloted time. I found it kind of funny thinking about Trump unxepectedly seeing his light turn green so he could talk, and how that is kind of like my dog realizing the invisible fence battery was dead.... On substance/formal debate aspects, I don't think either did well, with both sides refusing to answer multiple questions. As to the question "do they appear presidential" (which I think most people think about more than substance unless they watch this stuff every day) I think Biden screwed the pooch kick. My impression was that many of the uncommitted/non-partisan people who turned to watch saw that gaff within the first 15 minutes and it was over. From that point, everything they saw was through that prism and Biden only continued to reinforce it although to a lesser degree. As to what the democrats do the next several weeks 🍿🍿🍿

The Reel Ess

Joined Feb 3, 2005
Jan 31, 2022
The system is rigged. That and the fact people are brainwashed into believing they only have two choices. I'll vote 3rd party. My vote will be wasted.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
They did what they were told to do, get out of the way and let Biden hang himself.

I'm struggling to understand the strategy by Biden's camp. He is struggling mightily in the polls, particularly for an incumbent. Last night felt like suicide mission for the party. I guess there's nothing his camp could do. He had to debate, so there was no way around it.

Surely there is a Plan B for the convention.

Reactions: CWW

Snake006

Joined Aug 7, 2007
Jan 31, 2022
Had to laugh about the golf dustup. Trump is known to be a huge golf Cheater, and Biden claims to be a Long driving, 6 handicap that carry's his own bag.

Snake006

Joined Aug 7, 2007
Jan 31, 2022
Both did a pretty fair job of Lying.

Reactions: LexCock11
May 28, 2024
I'm struggling to understand the strategy by Biden's camp. He is struggling mightily in the polls, particularly for an incumbent. Last night felt like suicide mission for the party. I guess there's nothing his camp could do. He had to debate, so there was no way around it.

Surely there is a Plan B for the convention.
The plan is to dump Biden and replace him with someone who then claims the disasters we are facing are all Biden's fault and not the Democratic Party. We dumped Biden so now you can vote Democratic is the plan.

Reactions: Uscg1984

USCEE82

Feb 17, 2024
Many people don't even watch the debates. They are going to vote how they've always voted. Both parties have moved further left or right, so I just don't see anyone crossing over. The independents will vote for a third party or just stay home. IMO, the swing voters are first time voters who will either vote like their parents or like their college professors.

Reactions: CWW