When your above the rim camera is held together by

M

MasterDawg

pvc pipe and duck tape does that mean you're low budget? You go Raycom.

BriantheDawg

May 24, 2006
but why is it that they suck so bad? I mean, we're the damn SEC. We have to make them a **** ton of money. It makes no sense.

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
is if the SEC ever does an SEC TV network, these are the clowns that they are probably going to go with.

BriantheDawg

May 24, 2006
And when they finally decide to join the 21st Century, they will buy the worst HD cameras available. Book it.

M

MsuD00D

Is the Mississippi-Georgia game in 3D? I swear that I'm seeing double images on my screen as I try and watch this atrocity.

Spotdawg

Feb 15, 2007
Raycom has gotten by on bare bones forever while broadcasting the SEC. No one has demanded quality....and they sure haven't provided it. The SEC contract for network broadcast comes up about this time next year. Either Raycom knows that they won't get it...thus no spending the dollars for the HD gear.....or they know that it's in the bag, and the HD gear is a bargaining chip. Made to look good for them.

All of a sudden the camera work looks good after a newly negotiated contract...and all fans of the SEC are impressed about the "high quality" video that Slive negotiated. "Hell of deal! They finally got them to come over...we big time now!"

About the duct tape. Obviously you haven't been around a tv or movie shooting site in a while. It would shock you as to how much "rigging" goes on....even on 60 or 70 million dollar shoots. The veri definition of the duct tape guy is "gaffer"...and thus gaffer tape is duct tape in the hands of a professional. You really would be suprised at the level of "innovation" from crafts services and gaffers.

Uncle Leo

Jun 30, 2006
If Raycom is going to continue to brag about their above-the-rim camera shots and put the camera that's getting those shots on screen, then they should go to greater lengths to professionally secure it in place.

ArrowDawg

Oct 10, 2006
They'd probably get their HD cameras from CBS, which by my estimate has the worst HD broadcast quality of any of the major networks when it comes to live sports.</p>

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login