Where is the great defense we keep hearing about?

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Cmon guys. It was an away game. I have been informed it's hard to win away games in SEC basketball. It's really hard if you make lazy passes and catch defend

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
Calapari has his team playing up-tempo this year. He doesn’t allow you to play defense if they get a shot off in the first ten seconds of a possession. They hit their threes. Hubbard was 1-for-9 at one time. We wanted to dribble too much, especially Tolu, when three were collapsing on him. This game should be used as a teaching lesson, and we’ll do better in the future.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
A teaching lesson ? Lol. On how not to play ? I guess he could show it and point to every third pass and say don't make lazy passes. Or every third rebound attempt and say grab the ball with authority next time. This team is what it is. If they play with relentless effort such as they did against Tennessee they are pretty good. Otherwise they just are not gonna win. Not much talent here. They gotta out hustle the opponent. And they usually look a little lazy to me. Including Tolu.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
A teaching lesson ? Lol. On how not to play ? I guess he could show it and point to every third pass and say don't make lazy passes. Or every third rebound attempt and say grab the ball with authority next time. This team is what it is. If they play with relentless effort such as they did against Tennessee they are pretty good. Otherwise they just are not gonna win. Not much talent here. They gotta out hustle the opponent. And they usually look a little lazy to me. Including Tolu.
One thing that does disappoint me about this team is that I feel like they show a lot more quit than last year’s team when things aren’t going well. It just doesn’t take much more than 2-3 missed shots or turnovers before the energy is just zapped from our team with the one exception of Matthews. He gives all he’s got at all times

Considering how many seniors and even 5th year guys that we have, that’s really disappointing, but I’m really starting to believe that it’s just time for a few of these guys to move on. Hopefully we can still make something out of this season

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login