White Sox shortstop Tim Anderson is an idiot..

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
Steps in the box.. pitcher goes in motion.. he tries to call time out.. strike is called... hissy fit is thrown.

• Haha
Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
I don’t think he has a case here.
I don’t agree with all of the hurry up sh|t now but this one is called accurately I think.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

Crazy Cotton

Aug 26, 2012
Sounds like he'd already used his timeout for the at-bat. The way the analyst talked about it, batter only gets one per at-bat, and then the pitcher took advantage and started pushing his pitches.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
To me it looks like he steps in, settles in his stance and looks at the pitcher. Pitcher goes in motion and he steps out.
Pitcher is basically putting his right foot on the rubber at the same time the batter is getting into the box and the pitcher is set before the batter is. If the analyst is right about the rule, then it seems like a clear violation.

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

May 28, 2007
I guess the next thing they need is a clock on how long after the batter steps into the box before they start the clock for the pitcher (and the earliest moment the pitcher is allowed to make a pitch). If they set this timer to four seconds and your setup ritual takes five seconds, you better change it.

One thing this would also do would get rid of the weird quick pitch balk.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login