Who’s idea was this?

patdog

May 28, 2007
The narrative on that never was correct. I lived it, right down to being ignored when I was PRESIDING at a county alumni meeting. He was a jerk if he didn't know you, and he didn't know you unless you were a current big donor. Overall he did a pretty good job with what he had to work with. Personally, I couldn't stand him.
Larry had a lot to do with why we had so little back then. He was better than most of the ADs we had in the 30 years before him, but that's not really much of a compliment. Best thing he ever did was hire Greg Byrne into our athletic dept. staff and then get the hell out of Starkville.

Reactions: thatsbaseball

HammerOfTheDogs

Aug 6, 2004
Yea I don't get why it's still cool to hate on Templeton. He may not have always made the right call and he may have been a dick, but at the end of the day he's a lifelong Bulldog who oversaw some of our most successful years in all of the big three sports. If you need someone to hate, maybe focus your efforts on Stricklin. That cock sucker ditched us the first chance he got.
He voted to ban the cowbell.

Reactions: RYoung

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Boy there is some changing of history going on with Templeton is this thread.Templeton held Mississippi State back in so many ways.
Is there? Considering that MSU was one - if not the smallest - operating budgets in the SEC and grew the infrastructure leaving it with zero (or very little debt),

This whole thread is filled with revisionist history on both sides of the Templeton coin

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login